Trinova Technologies: Join Today! (NFD-Trident Industries merger)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If it takes a 'highly skilled' pilot to make them effective, they're lacking. Also upon examination of the blueprint itself, the ship is -as expected- nothing more than a missile-beam alpha derp that would get smacked down hard if it did anything other than kiting at about 10-15km out.
    But thats booooorrrrriiinnngggg.
    Stick some warheads or damage pulse on the front of that captured cyclops and do some real mans fightin'. Its the fisticuffs of spacecraft warfare, and fortune favors the bold! (and dashing mustaches)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Already gave the cyclops away lol

And I have been art, as a matter of fact the cyclops was the first time I fired a normal weapon on the server. ;-;

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The cyclops has an out standing field record.

You can easily look at some of the best ship built in Starmade and find faults in them, in the end those theories you formate simply by staring at the raw statistics are irrelevant in the heat of combat. At the end of the day the better ship is always the one that emerges victorious despite of its shortcomings.

I'm not sure if you've understood this in your 5 years of building ships and converting your faction once into a "shipyard" type faction, but building a ship is a game of balancing statistics. It is not about being good at everything. The aspects in which the ships lack in have to be compensated for by the pilot's skill.

So unless you have actually fought a cyclops with a ship you built on your own, which I heard you have and ran away from, calling it out for its weaknesses is simply flame baiting.

I hope this will help you build better ships in future, then maybe you will be more confident in bringing your ships into battle so we can have more frequent ship fights.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So by your logic a warhead stick is objectively the best ship, and requires superior piloting to have its full potential reached.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So by your logic a warhead stick is objectively the best ship, and requires superior piloting to have its full potential reached.
    yup, but I dont think the warhead will last long without being patched, cuz im sure this is not how it is intended to be used, if it is then the game would be broken and everyone will just fly cloaking sticks.

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score
    A truly effective ship is one that is specialized. a specialized ship requires understanding of it to be flown effectively. If you build a general noob friendly ship you will never be able to take on a specialized ship with a competent pilot.

Are you referring to our doomwedge? Lel

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    But for the current meta, it's the best?

And the same sort of thing could be said about missile waffles, too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    From a militaristic point of view, it offers the highest possible damage for the lowest possible cost, and requires only common sense to pilot. So yes, strategically it is the best weapon right now. Infact Mortarian has a warhead ship built by Incap, capable of crippling your Hidsatsa (just using this ship to give u a perspective) in one hit, killing turrets and undocking generators etc, killing it with several more.

However ethically it is not how it is ment to be used and I personally considered it to be a broken feature, especially when paired with the undo button, hence is also why my faction has yet to field any of such ships till this date.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Flying Debris is just trying to use what little advantage with the current build that he has. I would like to see what his can do with out it, but maybe this is the best they can offer. I don't think its ethically a problem because the patches does change things within the game all the time. Factions do research and find the best methods possible, even if it is broken. Its just playing a cheap trick and claiming victory. I rather have seen your ships battle Vaygr station and ships.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow, and I thought ML was supposed to be the anti-flaming crew...

Two, Leanson, why do you even care so much? It's not your stuff, it's Vaygr's. Straw man arguments and politics aside, the fact of the matter is I'm successfully destroying hundreds of thousands of mass in Vaygr ships and stations, and they've failed to even overheat a single one of my ships despite defending against me on multiple occasions.

Argument over.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don't care, I am bored at work. Its not a argument more like a statement of opinion, and you a statement of fact. Of which we do not disagree on. Only that is just boring.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds more like complaining to me. I blow up a shit ton of vaygr stuff using warheads and torches, it instantly becomes 'oh it's just a cheap trick, probably gonna be patched'

:/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I not complaining, just saying the cyclops is an outstanding ship when paired with a competent pilot. I merely replied you when you asked if warheads are the most effective weapons according to my doctrine.

I mean I'm not the one flame baiting by parading a stolen ship on the forums calling it crappy :rolleyes:

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Naw complaining to me would be if I said they didn't count, I don't think anyone is saying that lol

Reaction score
    YO KIDDOS IS JA BOI SQUIGGLES

IGN- Squiggles

Previous builds-Nope

Previous factions- Nada

Reason for joining- BECAUSE I WANT TO BUILD TURRETS

Skype name- nope ill send pm

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I not complaining, just saying the cyclops is an outstanding ship when paired with a competent pilot. I merely replied you when you asked if warheads are the most effective weapons according to my doctrine.

I mean I'm not the one flame baiting by parading a stolen ship on the forums calling it crappy :rolleyes:

Cyclops had ended so many lives, caused so much angst, butthurt as volleys of missile suddenly gut someone's ship, I wouldn't ever call it bad.

Maybe the upcoming friendly battle can prove the fighting prowess of our new ships and your's!

(No, like really... we rapidly build our entire fleet within 2 weeks after Mortarian was announced...)

:p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello people

IGN: Tomruler

Previous Builds: TIF Missile Corvette, TIF AI Heavy Destroyer, A roughly made Imperial Star Destroyer, HeartDrones Blue and Red, TIF Station Defense Drones
    (Pictures will be posted upon request)

Previous Factions: Synctron on the Stars of Arcadia Server (I really didn't like it, they tried to force strict ship guidelines and mandatory resource consolidation etc. The server lost most of it's people and I hopped. I was one of the last ones, other than Thomas Jetson), TIF (Tom Independent Faction) on the GenXNova Lazygamerz server (I did it for the mining bonus, a place to keep stuff safe etc. Still playing on that server)

Reasons For Joining: Since my last less than cheerful experience with a faction containing more than myself, I wanted to join something bigger, and be a part of a friendly, active and funny community.

Skype Name: tomruler

Thank you for reading my somewhat wordy application, and I hope you accept me
    (BTW, is your server the "[Whitelist] NFD Build Server?)