Trinova Technologies: Join Today! (NFD-Trident Industries merger)

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    MORE GOOD NEWS FROM THE FRONT

Fighting continued into the early morning, resulting in the buildblocking of at least two Vaygr claim stations (Presumably by Vaygr members since they were rendered inoperable by Trinova and local forces the previous night.) Trinova operatives successfully dismantled a 98k mass Vaygr heavy turret and turned it into a filled Cyclops blueprint which was later downloaded for observation and testing. After the physical Cyclops was set to neutral and gifted to whoever wanted it free of charge, Trinova forces successfully located and destroyed another Vaygr Spook class scout left at an outpost before disabling the entire Vaygr defense station force that remained after the previous night's attacks. After that, lacking viable targets in Vaygr, Trinova assaulted Volcom Pirates (At war with Trinova, also containing members of Odium faction Khaak Fleet) and destroyed a claim station.

At the time of this writing, the entire Vaygr defense grid possesses no heavy weapons and have severely crippled or entirely deactivated JDI systems as a result of a series of precision Trinova attacks and all of their stations are virtually undefended and vulnerable to any player with a decently large ship and a bit of initiative.

PICTURES:

Buildblocked Vaygr station

Destroyed Spook class scout

Captured Cyclops (Sent to friendly homebase)

Volcom Pirates station

Defactioning a Vaygr turret (98k mass)

More disabled turret computers and JDIs

GLORY TO TRINOVA
    STILL UPHOLDING CAPITALIZMA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Fighting continued into the early morning, resulting in the buildblocking of at least two Vaygr claim stations (Presumably by Vaygr members since they were rendered inoperable by Trinova and local forces the previous night.) Trinova operatives successfully dismantled a 98k mass Vaygr heavy turret and turned it into a filled Cyclops blueprint which was later downloaded for observation and testing. After the physical Cyclops was set to neutral and gifted to whoever wanted it free of charge, Trinova forces successfully located and destroyed another Vaygr Spook class scout left at an outpost before disabling the entire Vaygr defense station force that remained after the previous night's attacks. After that, lacking viable targets in Vaygr, Trinova assaulted Volcom Pirates (At war with Trinova, also containing members of Odium faction Khaak Fleet) and destroyed a claim station.

At the time of this writing, the entire Vaygr defense grid possesses no heavy weapons and have severely crippled or entirely deactivated JDI systems as a result of a series of precision Trinova attacks and all of their stations are virtually undefended and vulnerable to any player with a decently large ship and a bit of initiative.

PICTURES:

Volcom Pirates station

GLORY TO TRINOVA
    all with a cloaked warhead I preume.

Reactions: LunaIsBestPony
    Reaction score

PICTURES:

Volcom Pirates station

GLORY TO TRINOVA
    Wow!

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To quote a certain Odium member on the matter of the use of 'unbalanced' weapons,

'It's part of the game, deal with it'

Warheads have been like this for some time and while I don't disagree with you that the way they function should be altered, I'm a bit strapped for cash on Starbits. So what else am I to turn to? It just makes sense for me. Plus, it's low risk high reward, so that's great too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    To quote a certain Odium member on the matter of the use of 'unbalanced' weapons,

'It's part of the game, deal with it'

Warheads have been like this for some time and while I don't disagree with you that the way they function should be altered, I'm a bit strapped for cash on Starbits. So what else am I to turn to? It just makes sense for me. Plus, it's low risk high reward, so that's great too.
    Mmm, Mortarian has a < 1k mass warhead craft built by Incap capable of killing >100k ships, maybe we should start using it too.

Reaction score
    Via exploit but you know what if you want to start a flame war then go ahead I'm not getting in trouble with the mods on the docks over this :P have fun!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Via exploit but you know what if you want to start a flame war then go ahead I'm not getting in trouble with the mods on the docks over this :p have fun!
    Yeah, I agree with the second bit.

We will let the admin decide on what is that exploit, ya? Innocent until proven guilty! :D

Reactions: Indigo Slimez

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, just a continuation of something said earlier ingame;

A good ship shouldn't require a good pilot to be effective. The dumbest, most laggy SoB should be able to fly it with at least some effectiveness, whereas a good pilot will be able to take the ship's abilities to the maximum and essentially control the battle.

Also as a little news post, I put some dents in the armor on a Vaygr tormentor (489k mass or so) today, before shooting at it with a Cyclops (15k mass) and causing the pilot to warp out before I took a *single, tiny missile hit* from the nearby station which caused the Cyclops to autojump more than 5000km away by itself until I manually shut down the chaindrive.

Reactions: Indigo Slimez
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So, just a continuation of something said earlier ingame;

A good ship shouldn't require a good pilot to be effective. The dumbest, most laggy SoB should be able to fly it with at least some effectiveness, whereas a good pilot will be able to take the ship's abilities to the maximum and essentially control the battle.
    A truly effective ship is one that is specialized. a specialized ship requires understanding of it to be flown effectively. If you build a general noob friendly ship you will never be able to take on a specialized ship with a competent pilot.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Armor × Heavy 20mm autocannon = unspecialized noob-friendly chainsaw type ship that should shread anything its size.

The only specialized ships I have seen to work are control style ships with power and vector manipulators.
    Oh and cloaked craft. What other kind of specialized do you really even need? :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe I'm just too used to being surrounded by competent Pilots then, but my point still stands, the cyclops is a powerful ship if used right.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Maybe I'm just too used to being surrounded by competent Pilots then, but my point still stands, the cyclops is a powerful ship if used right.
    Well yeah it's a raiding ship that for the most part is used to smoosh plebs that wander into the wrong side of the galaxy.
    Tbh we haven't had a legitimate war in years imo.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If it takes a 'highly skilled' pilot to make them effective, they're lacking. Also upon examination of the blueprint itself, the ship is -as expected- nothing more than a missile-beam alpha derp that would get smacked down hard if it did anything other than kiting at about 10-15km out.