Trinova Technologies: Join Today! (NFD-Trident Industries merger)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    OKAY WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS AND CALL ME NANCY
    It's been a while since I've posted an update on here and I figured now would be a good time given all that's been going on lately-

First off, we've expanded operations on LvD and are now deploying fleets. We have performed some light combat operations (mostly claim nuking and minor ship to ship combat, plus acting in an information and salvage role with some combat during the attempted blockade by IL earlier in our operation)

(thanks FCM and Merc Dragons!)

We've also built a small stockpile on Brierie, but it is not our main AO as of this time.

Due to the changing requirements of Starmade combat, we are in the process of a total fleet overhaul, bringing our forces up to date with current trends.

From the top:

TTS Everest has received a refit, bringing it up to combat status.

TT Maginot Base is under construction, as a proper homebase instead of the system bricks we've been using as of late.

TTS Quark is being finalized as a new assault destroyer.

TTS Boson is being constructed as a new light destroyer.

TTS Chippewa is being refurbished as an assault drone.

We also ripped off Vaygr and are constructing a little museum in Maginot.

Stay tuned for more updates!
    Is that a Leo in the museum...?

Reaction score
    IGN- Kuro

Previous builds-
    None
    Previous factions-
    None
    Reason for joining-
    I've only been playing solo for a few years, never took advantage of the forums, the dock, nor any of the other online aspects of the game and community. I want to join a faction that is active and has some element of RP mainly so I can enjoy what the game has to offer, but also to learn more - what better way to learn than collaborating with others? - about other aspects of the game. I'm more of a relaxed gamer, but I can be aggressive if need be. Thank you for your consideration.
    Skype name- (You can PM this to me if you would rather do that than post it here.)
    I will make one if I get accepted, however, I'd prefer discord.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    so the power update isn't here and I haven't posted on this thread in a while so here's some shit we've done since the last time I did a news post

gg GeneralSykes

killed some IL, got filled BPs

beautiful

thanks vargoober

and some fun shit

Also, an election is underway, with the departure of Nedral a new Trinovan councilor to the UIS will be elected by the faction soon by popular vote.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I didn't warp into a star officer, I swear, it warped into me!

So we got like four guys and an Aethi together to go beat up darkside in some cheapo ships

and

well

There were like, two darksiders on total. We nuked some claim stations to check everybody out in the new ships and then went to shoot them up, I had the fleet stage a few systems out and after nuking these guys' other claim I dropped in on top of their base sector to say hi.

This is where things went wrong.

The second I warp in I'm hit with a JDI and a *star damage* warning.

The following is an audio transcript of the incident:

"Aaand warped in. Huh, a JDOHFUCK star!"

*starts flying in opposite direction of star at 2x server speed*

*starts taking star damage, drops to 57% SHP*

"hah, I made it somehow"

*accidentally sets jump coords to same spot when heading back to the fleet*

"Wait did they track m-FUCK"

"Oh hey there debris"

It is at this point my ship overheated, but I'm still scooting away in...some direction at 400m/s

"You uh, you're leaving some parts there debris"

*base defenses snipe my astro*

(From UIS comms) "Get fucked deb"

And thus concludes the two day history of TTS Sri Lanka, FFG-122A.

The op was good training though I guess.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    So we got like four guys and an Aethi together to go beat up darkside in some cheapo ships
    and
    well
    Damnit Deb why u have to do ops while I'm asleep ;-;
    I was so close to joining you too ;-;

I assume you lot had *some* success though?

Reaction score
    Damnit Deb why u have to do ops while I'm asleep ;-;
    I was so close to joining you too ;-;

I assume you lot had *some* success though?
    All the stations we shot at were at least mostly unarmed, but we succeeded. UIS may not have done any combat ops since it was formed but we're not that bad.

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score

The second I warp in I'm hit with a JDI and a *star damage* warning.

The following is an audio transcript of the incident:

"Aaand warped in. Huh, a JDOHFUCK star!"

*starts flying in opposite direction of star at 2x server speed*

*starts taking star damage, drops to 57% SHP*

"hah, I made it somehow"

*accidentally sets jump coords to same spot when heading back to the fleet*

"Wait did they track m-FUCK"

"Oh hey there debris"

It is at this point my ship overheated, but I'm still scooting away in...some direction at 400m/s

"You uh, you're leaving some parts there debris"

*base defenses snipe my astro*

(From UIS comms) "Get fucked deb"
    So you got ganked by a star.

Dammit deb.

Reaction score
    TRINOVA NEWS FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAN DEB? WHAT IS THIS HERESY?

Well, deb wasn't able to make it to this one, so here I am.

Earlier this morning, a joint operation between Trident and Trinova forces led by Jake_Lancia approached the LvD cluster to dismantle bombard Darkside faction Novminer's home base with shitposts. One cloaker ship, probably piloted by Jijiji attempted to escape, but the bastard got shot down by all our glorious firepower. Sadly, I didn't get any pics of the base or the cloaker, so have some lineup pics of our ships. upload_2017-9-23_10-58-23.png upload_2017-9-23_10-58-34.png upload_2017-9-23_10-58-48.png

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sung out loud in the UIS discord during a combat op, and transcribed here:

squiggs I'm taking susan for a spin

aAAAAND THE ROCKETS' BLUE GLAAAAARE

THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AAAAAAAIR

Ithirahad | Aethi Imperium-Yesterday at 8:33 PM

GAVE TRUTH THROUGH THE NIIIIGHT

THAT THE DEB WAS STILL THERE

O SAY MAY THE UIS BANNER YET WAAAAAVE

O'ER THE LAAAAAAND OF THE MEEEEEEEEEEEMES

AND THE HOME OF who even fucking knows what

Aesthetics | Council Speaker-Yesterday at 8:34 PM

hm

aAND THE HOOOME OF BUUUUTTTTTT

SEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXX

yeah that'll work

Ithirahad | Aethi Imperium-Yesterday at 8:37 PM

O say can you see

By the nebula's light

How so proudly we fail'd

At the Union's last attempt to do anything

Aesthetics | Council Speaker-Yesterday at 8:38 PM

yes

Ithirahad | Aethi Imperium-Yesterday at 8:39 PM

Whose spiralling sign, almost did something right

But o'er the ramparts we watch'd as it was silently fading(edited)

But the rockets' blue glare

Scrubs all bursting in air

Gave proof through the night that our deb was still there(edited)

O say does that spiralling banner yet wave

O'er the land of the meme, and the hole of the laaaaa... zy(edited)

O'er the station we've seen,(edited)

through the mists of the deep(edited)

where the foe's haughty host, in dread silence reposes(edited)

what's that which the space breeze, o'er the towering ships

As it fitfully blows, half conceals half discloses

Now it catches the gleam, of someone's ion beam(edited)

In full glory reflected now shine all the memes, and 'tis that darn spiral banner, how long shall it waaaaaave

O'er the laaand of the meme, and the hole of the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...zy

I don't even

I tried

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    News from the Front!

As the latest in a string of assaults on the rogue faction 'Novminer', TTS Ozark has claimed yet another victory for Trinova Technologies and the UIS.

Upon seeing two Novminer members online, the Ozark dispatched to their homebase on a routine harassment mission, with the intent of forcing them to take shelter and, if lucky, kill an astronaut or two.

However, as soon as the Ozark entered the sector, instead of being met with a barrage of beam weaponry as usual she was met with a full Novminer assault fleet surrounding the base, complete with the Novminer flagship.

The Ozark's guns immediately opened up on the targets, reducing two 'Attractor' class destroyers to slag instantly. The Ozark slowly worked her way through the defending fleet and to the Novminer flagship, and destroyed the ship with a pair of well placed volleys. It is believed that only one would have been required, however the Novminer flagship proved exceedingly well armored for a ship its size.

After the destruction of the Novminer flagship, members began logging off and the Ozark was left to clean up the remaining Novminer vessels.

Despite stiff resistance from the Novminer fleet and homebase, the Ozark escaped without any new craters, and enemy combat capability has been effectively halted.

Trinovan officials have begun actively pursuing peace with Novminer as a result of the battle.

During the initial shots of the battle.

Following the first volley against the Novminer flagship.

Death of the flagship.

Finishing off the last of the defenders.

Action shot of the Ozark with the Novminer HB in the background.

A near miss by the Novminer HB defense grid.

The updated kill count for the Ozark: 6 players, one 30k, one 160k, one 70k, four 20ks, and two 10ks.
    [doublepost=1506496934,1506493712][/doublepost]Update:

Peace talks are still at a standstill.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    News From the Front!

Earlier today, a Trinovan task force was performing routine combat patrols around LvD when a Dominion drone fleet was sighted by one of our cruisers, TTS Alaska. (It is worth noting that for whatever reason, the Trinovan fleet was plagued by skubcode that decided we didn't get any shields during the entirety of the engagement)

After destroying most of the drones, the captain of the Alaska realized that his ship was taking hull damage despite the shields not going down. The Alaska radioed for backup and in a few moments the Ozark was on scene to clean up the few surviving drones while the Alaska warped out in hopes of fixing its shields. The corvette TTS Alsace-Lorraine was also en route to the system as well, to capture the freighters while the cruisers stood guard. However, not long after the Alaska warped out, a Dominion 250k Moloch class warped in. The Ozark immediately engaged, firing a volley into the Moloch before the Dominion ship warped out. The Ozark immediately radioed to the fleet and trailed the Moloch, warping in almost right on top of it. Running into the same bug as the Alaska, the Ozark immediately began taking hull damage from the Moloch. Returning fire, the Ozark delivered a series of shots that quickly reduced the Moloch's shields to zero and began doing hull damage. It is at this time that the Alaska warped in, and the Alsace-Lorraine not far behind. In a matter of seconds, the Moloch had been reduced to slag and its pilot killed.

That said, the Ozark did not escape unharmed. Without her shields, the Ozark was a sitting duck for the Moloch's guns, and its lancer beams managed to cut clean through the ship, severing the Ozark's chaindrive connection and detonating a few of its aux batteries. Crippled but not out of the fight, the Ozark began combat repairs to her chaindrive and the Alsace-Lorraine attempted to recover the Moloch while the Alaska stood guard.

However, not long after an Infinite Legion taskforce led by DestroyerOfWorlds arrived in the sector and began firing on the fleet. The Alsace-Lorraine was ordered to warp out, and did so with minimal damage. However, the captain of the Alaska suffered a seizure and had to relog which took approximately five minutes due to computer troubles. The Ozark jumped in and out of the sector manually attempting to fire on the IL forces -while still suffering from an abject lack of shielding- scoring a few hits on the advancing IL ships. Eventually the Alaska made her way out of the system and all three ships returned to base. GGs were had all around, and all belligerents parted with the thrill of the battle fresh on their minds.

The Ozark is set for repair or scrapping, depending on further analysis of the damage to her hull.

The Alaska is set for repair.

The Hidatsa class of cruisers are set for numerous system upgrades in the coming days, as a result of the battle.

Protocol for such bugs as experienced is currently being investigated as it has been determined to be a consistently repeating occurrence that has plagued Trinovan and other ships for unknown reasons.

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    Are you sure you didn't just forget to put shields on them?

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Happens a lot to me too, I just make sure to load my ships a second time (relogging or travelling 2 sectors away for 30 secs) away from anything else large after i take em out of dock, think from memory you'll notice the stats being off in build menu when its affecting a ship too

schema plez D: