Trinova Technologies: Join Today! (NFD-Trident Industries merger)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You're aware TT has a fleet of real ships right? It's just that poking you with sticks has proven to be rather effective. Not to mention entertaining ^_^
    Really? Let's all address the elephant in the room here. Trying to shoot down a cloaking stick is EXTREAMLY ANNOYING and NOT FUN AT ALL. As much as Vaygr doesn't want to admit, it's is VERY HARD to chase down a stick which you cannot see even for a faction as Organised as them.

FD get off your high horse. This isn't a victory, you are just using a broken game feature and exploiting it to the fullest despite the fact that you are a councilor. Everyone knows about this exploit, everyone knows how effective this bullshit is, everyone except you can see that this is a game breaking feature and has the decentcy not to use it. You don't see me warheading Bogdan 's members in their station using undo-redo.

Your counterpart Jake is obviously the bigger man, he's sent me a PM agreeing to move assets onto LvD so we can have some action, in return I have agreed to give him a grace period before we begin engagements. Debris I suggest you help him and get something done for once instead of making Trinova look like a joke.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's to my understanding that a councilor should set a good example, not exploit broken features.
    It's the job of the councilor to represent the opinion of the community. Whatever he does in his own time is his own business.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm reading this, and all I can think is 'wow, these guys really have some hormone issues or something.'

Deal with it. Also, did I not make the announcement that we were expanding to LvD in the post I made last night?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Deal with it? People like you are why players complain that the game is broken and leave it. Exploit till the player base dies eh? Some "good guy" image you're presenting.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Deal with it? People like you are why players complain that the game is broken and leave it. Exploit till the player base dies eh? Some "good guy" image you're presenting.
    An odium faction once used tactics like placing a homebase station near someone else's homebase and nerdpoling over so they could fill the enemy homebase with blocks that couldn't be removed on Elwyn.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If I was doing this to some serversider, I might agree with you.

But it's Vaygr and they've been exploiting out the ass for years, so I don't really care what they think of me. By all accounts, the serversiders that vaygr have stuck spawncamping stations outside their homebases are quite happy with what I do.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    Poking you guys is exactly what I intend to keep doing.

It's proving a hell of a lot easier than filling ship blueprints, and is fucking hilarious seeing as to how you guys evidently run for cover whenever I'm online now.
    So instead of brawling us your going to do a soft punch and run away, got it.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    vandalism
    ˈvand(ə)lɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    noun: vandalism
    1. action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.
      "an act of mindless vandalism"
    K guys, might as well pack up and leave. any and all combat in this game is vandalism. If only I was informed of this earlier

Reactions: PurpleSlimez

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Like I said, soft punch then run away, like the coward you are
    Right I do believe that's enough.
    Stop typing, go do something in this game or another game. hell go do chores.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    SETBACK ON NASSZONE

Mere moments ago, an Arstotzkan battlegroup entered a Trinova system on NASS and engaged the unsuspecting players, catching them off guard. The two Rockhoppers Trinova had on station immediately engaged alongside a few small civilian craft, and the ensuing battle took place over multiple systems and a large swathe of the entire galactic core of NASS.

@Thadius_Faran was the first one to engage, his ship surviving a number of Arstotzkan volleys even though he had only been trained on the updated Rockhopper platform mere moments before, before backup arrived in the form of a second Rockhopper. Over the course of the battle, an Arstotzkan Palmyra class frigate was disabled and later scrapped according to Arstotzkan officials. After temporarily repelling the first wave of Arstotzkan ships, Thadius had to log off and @The_Judge_of_Zone_0 immediately broke away from the renewed Arstotzkan blockade around Corinth to take up the helm of TTS Guardian. The Rockhopper suffered a hit to the reactor, disabling it and as such the ship was fighting at a severely reduced capacity for the remainder of the battle. The Rockhopper remained at the Trinova base to assist in shelter-in-place efforts while TTS Guardian was dispatched to engage Arstotzkan forces just outside their homebase, catching a pair of Arstotzkan frigates off guard, damaging both before the Rockhopper came under fire and the Guardian returned to Trinova-controlled space. However, the Guardian was too late. The ship arrived just as the Rockhopper was overheated, and spent the next fifteen minutes providing covering fire for the crew of the Rockhopper to escape to safety; damaging a number of Arstotzkan ships in the process despite being both outmassed and outnumbered at that point. The Arstotzkan fleet left the system soon after, GGs were exchanged, and everyone and went back to doing whatever it is they do in their free time.

After the battle, the heavily damaged Rockhopper was towed back to base and is set for scrapping tomorrow.

The attack came mere moments before a third Rockhopper blueprint with upgrades to numerous systems was about to be filled, which could have drastically shifted the tide of the battle. However, this was not the case. Trinova had only two warships at the time of the attack, and while they fought valiantly they were not enough to stop the overwhelming Arstotzkan fleet. With analysis, it appears that the lack of a jump drive inhibitor on the Rockhopper models currently deployed to NASS is responsible for the loss, as Arstotzkan pilots were able to jump between allied positions freely.

Trinova deployed:
    TTS Rockhopper FFG-118D (25k mass)
    TTS Guardian FFG-118D (25k mass)

Trinova civilian deployed:
    Argonaut (~500 mass)
    Ogre (30 mass)

Neutral/Spectators deployed:
    Scout ship, unknown model- did not engage
    Frigate, unknown model- did not engage

Arstotzka deployed:
    ADF Palmyra class x3? (11k mass)
    ADF Wolfgang class x2 (20k mass)
    ADF Musaka (47k mass)
    ADF Salt Shaker (10k mass)

Trinova losses:
    TTS Rockhopper FFG-118D destroyed but recovered.
    TTS Guardian FFG-118D sustained moderate damage and lost chaindrive.

Trinova civilian losses:
    Nedral killed
    Squiggles killed
    Argonaut MIA, assumed destroyed.
    Ogre MIA, assumed destroyed.

Arstotzka losses:
    Multiple ships damaged ranging from light to moderate damage
    Two Palmyras damaged enough to require disassembly

Pictures:

Early in the engagement

TTS Rockhopper halfway through the fight. While the ship looks heavily damaged, it is in fact completely functional aside from the loss of its reactor. Rockhopper-class vessels are known for their resilience and resistance to damage, and the ships' absolute refusal to die unless heavily outnumbered or outmassed.

The loss of the Rockhopper (Ship next to the shield bar being fired on by multiple Arstotzkan ships)

Towing the damaged Rockhopper back to Corinth, concluding the operation.

Last edited:

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    "Scout ship" likely me, arrive to take some pot shots at the spess nazis in a 2.1k mass "Sai", but pretty much as they were starting to leave.

Looks like there's still a bit of fun to be had on NASS at the least :D

*Probably the frigate too, came back in a 5.7k mass "Gladius" later.

Last edited: