Trident Industries -Farewell to the Quantum-

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Major updates to many Trident vessels!
    The Trident Deep-space Outpost has been updated to use USD Type 1 and Type 1a/b docks, and an extensive factory system.

In addition updates to the Fast Response Quantum (this WILL be the final one), Hyperion Corvette and Cobra Corvette are coming later today! Stay tuned to see them!

Reaction score
    Hey, I checked out the new station download. Your redesign of the Hyperion core while it looks nicer than the old one, results in getting stuck almost constantly. Also could use a proper spot for Bobby, since the Hyperion is such a little beast, I like using it as an "aggressor drone" when testing ship designs.

Also nice update on the station, even the stuff that is obviously still WIP. It's nice to see it evolving.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hey, I checked out the new station download. Your redesign of the Hyperion core while it looks nicer than the old one, results in getting stuck almost constantly. Also could use a proper spot for Bobby, since the Hyperion is such a little beast, I like using it as an "aggressor drone" when testing ship designs.

Also nice update on the station, even the stuff that is obviously still WIP. It's nice to see it evolving.
    I'm probably going to do a massive refit on the Hyperion; I'm not too happy with that refit tbh. I'm gonna try and give it some interior this time, perhaps a cockpit module or something. The one on the station was just kinda haphazard and was just a quick way to try and incorporate rail docking onto it. The new one will probably use the USD Type 1a dock standard (one block down from standard USD) instead of the standard USD on the fast refit version. The new version should also incorporate a Bobby AI built in, and (maybe) a small scanner unit.
    I'm keeping the current Cobra refit, and I will release that one (with a minor change to docking standard) as well as the FRQ on the station (this WILL be its last update this time).
    So basically, the Hyperion re-release wil have to wait a bit longer, while the Cobra and FRQ shall be released in a few moments.

[DOUBLEPOST=1431548879,1431547083][/DOUBLEPOST]Probably a double post but whatever.
    The refits of the FRQ, Cobra Corvette and the Trinity Corvette are up on the Dock now! I'm still working on the Hyperion's new interior however.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The Hyperion Corvette refit has been completed! She now has a small interior and vastly improves aesthetics, and also uses the new USD Type 1 docking standard! Get it here.

Reactions: Rumcajz and Krougal

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Sometimes I construct things on my own too. Here's something I made that I wanted to share - the Travel Pod. With a full-size USD Type 1 docking collar aft of the ship, and hotbar-activated logic autopilot, you and five passengers can travel in comfort between a larger ship and a starbase.

Reactions: Krougal and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Sometimes I construct things on my own too. Here's something I made that I wanted to share - the Travel Pod. With a full-size USD Type 1 docking collar aft of the ship, and hotbar-activated logic autopilot, you and five passengers can travel in comfort between a larger ship and a starbase.

Wow since when did you make this oh well I need to get the hang of using the USD on the upcoming ships we are making.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A near-total rebuild of the Hammerhead Fighter has been completed! Get it HERE.

Featuring excellent manuverability, strong shielding and a nifty array of weapons, as well as full USD compatibility, this new fighter will get pilots through any tough situation.

Reaction score
    You're gonna hate me but....

Just happened to be the direction I approached from. Looks great though. I really like the new interior, exterior changes are great too.

Damnit, picture didn't take and I already closed game....Mine is even roomier on the inside now. I took a couple missiles from god knows what, probably one of Nuclear's fighters. For some reason pirates & tradeguild are spawning on me with blueprints I most definitly did not put in their folder. Very large crater just shy of the core and another at the rear, and then I hightailed it out of there.....there was a point to all that....Oh! Yeah, so I always thought your core placement was a little questionable, but apparantly it's got good survivability :D

Last edited:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You're gonna hate me but....

Just happened to be the direction I approached from. Looks great though. I really like the new interior, exterior changes are great too.
    ONE missing block?! I'll get to it after college :P
    Glad you like it though, we spent painstaking hours working on the best way to integrate an interior on that, and that is my end result. And I'm just glad there's someone out there to point out our mistakes xD

Reaction score
    ONE missing block?! I'll get to it after college :p
    Glad you like it though, we spent painstaking hours working on the best way to integrate an interior on that, and that is my end result. And I'm just glad there's someone out there to point out our mistakes xD
    Can't reply to reply in download, but not fixed. Same version. Did you forget to upload your latest? Export system sucks, messes me up all the time too. Delete ship. Delete file. Resave ship. Delete ship. Resave ship again. Upload ship. Too many steps.

So I like the new look of the Hammerhead, but that's all it does is look good. Reactors completely inadequate. I haven't ripped off the hull and started looking but I would guess you must have some breaks somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    crazyf22raptor I love your ships man xD Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet currently has 1 Thunderbolt in out fledgeling starfleet, titled "XIS Kaelani", on our home server, Aetherion Starmade. The Thunderbolt may not have an extremely quick jump drive, but I plan to give it a good refit so that not only does it have even better shields, power and jump charge, but also goes in line with the Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet coloration. Namely, black, blue and gold. You are... I literally have no words to describe your talent and skill. However, I'm not the only one who's using your designs; my friend Scorch is making his newest ship after the Kaelani in design :D If you wanna come and meet me "in person", I'm at Aetherion.h4v3n.us:4242. Latest release version :D

Reaction score
    crazyf22raptor I love your ships man xD Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet currently has 1 Thunderbolt in out fledgeling starfleet, titled "XIS Kaelani", on our home server, Aetherion Starmade. The Thunderbolt may not have an extremely quick jump drive, but I plan to give it a good refit so that not only does it have even better shields, power and jump charge, but also goes in line with the Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet coloration. Namely, black, blue and gold. You are... I literally have no words to describe your talent and skill. However, I'm not the only one who's using your designs; my friend Scorch is making his newest ship after the Kaelani in design :D If you wanna come and meet me "in person", I'm at Aetherion.h4v3n.us:4242. Latest release version :D
    Waw have fans its good to know that ill come on your server ASAP its good to know that the thunderbolt heavy fighter is still in use. you never know I might even do mine and Jamster0000's ship/station building on your home server if its public. Hay just one thing give credit to jamster0000 he is the man.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Waw have fans its good to know that ill come on your server ASAP its good to know that the thunderbolt heavy fighter is still in use. you never know I might even do mine and Jamster0000's ship/station building on your home server if its public. Hay just one thing give credit to jamster0000 he is the man.
    Yeah, the Thunderbolt actually has a big role in my faction now :D All our standard fighters (especially the fighters on the Stormlance, our capital ship) will be TI Thunderbolts, and I'm currently doing a hull extension and system refit of a Hyperion frigate :D The ironic thing is, the Hyperion will be a lot more powerful as soon as we attach some small turrets to it, which will be done right after I get the hull and systems refitted. I'm barely even changing the design at all, just making it more efficiently filled with systems over time. And we'd welcome you with open arms, too xD The server rarely lags or goes down too.

Also, if you do come, let me know and I'll give you a lift to where Xanthos is gonna set up shop xD

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    EDIT: pics here don't seem to be working. I'll sort it out later.

New vessels have been completed! The Pallas Light Frigates have been recently completed and include two variants, one with standard cannon weapons and another with tactical weapons. Get yours HERE.

Last edited: