Transmitter/ Receiver

Reaction score
    Hi everyone !

With the new block logic, it would be awesome to have 3 new blocks :

- Transmitter : Sends away a logical level 1 on activation. Range depend on the number of blocks. Can be set to broadcast on a specified frequency.
    - Receiver : Receives transmitter's signals that are in range by activating when receiving a logical 1. Can be set to input only a specified range of frequencies.

The possibilities combined with logic are great ! However, the transmitter would require an amount of energy exponential for each different transmitter on an entity. ( This should prevent people from being able to broadcast on all frequencies a signal that set all logic on 1 at a really long range )

I'm not sure that energy requirement would be the right way to prevent abuses. So if you got an simple idea about it, SHARE IT :) !

The great point about it would be to transmit signals to activate/disactivate security when entering a base by sending the proper code.

Eventually, it could replace the warning system. When a base is attacked, it can send a signal ( a AI might be programmed to use an activation block when the base is attacked ) to the other bases but not if the transmitter is already destroyed.

Well, I can't say all the thing we could do with it but it's the missing gap that would complete the logic system to able us to do everything. ( Drone control, strategic map, security clearance for ships, etc ... )

Thanks for reading,
    Elladan

EDIT : Frequency involved with transmitter/receiver aren't the same as the one determined by creating clocks using delays.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I like this :)

A way to prevent abuse, allow people/factions to claim channels, so that only they can use it.

Reaction score
    That could be but it would remove the fun of trying to deceive a faction when approaching their base with a ship by sending a signal that would go through their receiver's logic.

Reactions: Ithirahad

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Logic doesn't have enough too it yet for that to be worth while. Maybe hijacking computer signals and sending false authentication codes, but that would be when/if we get computers :)

Reaction score
    Well, it depend, the base can program an identification code to be received. ( Considering ideal signals, it's quite easy, the logic isn't that "large" )
    But yes hijacking computer would be really fun and could be associated with logic a lot ( I made another thread about Hijacking before logic system was implemented : http://starmadedock.net/threads/datapad-and-applications.1256/ )

So maybe hacking through a system might able you to "see through" the logic you hacked or something like that.

Reaction score
    I think that is better a little amount of channels, and defense mechanism done with logic. It would be cool that frecuencies have a cuadratic funtion to calculate the energy that you need to use transceivers-receivers when the minimum set to the 0 frecuency. The greedier you are the easiest we will hack you XD.

Reaction score
    Hi everyone !

With the new block logic, it would be awesome to have 3 new blocks :

- Transmitter : Sends away a logical level 1 on activation. Range depend on the number of blocks. Can be set to broadcast on a specified frequency.
    - Receiver : Receives transmitter's signals that are in range by activating when receiving a logical 1. Can be set to input only a specified range of frequencies.

The possibilities combined with logic are great ! However, the transmitter would require an amount of energy exponential for each different transmitter on an entity. ( This should prevent people from being able to broadcast on all frequencies a signal that set all logic on 1 at a really long range )

I'm not sure that energy requirement would be the right way to prevent abuses. So if you got an simple idea about it, SHARE IT :) !

The great point about it would be to transmit signals to activate/disactivate security when entering a base by sending the proper code.

Eventually, it could replace the warning system. When a base is attacked, it can send a signal ( a AI might be programmed to use an activation block when the base is attacked ) to the other bases but not if the transmitter is already destroyed.

Well, I can't say all the thing we could do with it but it's the missing gap that would complete the logic system to able us to do everything. ( Drone control, strategic map, security clearance for ships, etc ... )

Thanks for reading,
    Elladan

EDIT : Frequency involved with transmitter/receiver aren't the same as the one determined by creating clocks using delays.

Reaction score
    You may have forgotten adding content ( thoughts, opinions ... )