Titan class ship building contest!

Should the Best Design be chosen by me or by a vote from all of you guys in which I just tiebreak?

• Chosen by just me

Votes: 20 29.4%
    • Chosen by you guys with me tiebreaking

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Daffor, that is one nice salvage ship and I like that interior, which made me think.

Maybe there could be a best interior reward as well?

I of course will absolutely never win in that catagory though, but I think there might be some interesting results with that as well.
    Don't worry the interior is part of best design.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I can't upload pics with my iPad anymore, or is there a new way to do it? I was able to do it very recently, but now when i try, it give me the loading sign, but just disappears.

If anyone could tell me why this has happened or how I can upload pics altertnetively, that would be great.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Behold! The Death Star!

Be in awe of it's mighty Superlaser, capable of shredding 50 million shields per shot.

Also, it's to scale of the first Death Star, 1:1000 scale.

(200k+ mass)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Damnet i don't have pics of my ship

Looks neat btw
    I guess that the laser is pulse slaved?

Reaction score
    It's totally fine with me if people decide to build non-original or inspired ships, but if it is something that has been done a million times (e.g. Star Wars Imperial Cruiser) then there better be something radically impressive about it or else it will be kind of boring.[DOUBLEPOST=1413895722,1413895456][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw guys, since the voting on judging was so close, I decided I'm going to leave it open until the day the entry closes.[DOUBLEPOST=1413896143][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and one more thing, if you don't want the blueprints for your ship to be public, just let me know and I wont post the link, just the name and a sample pic/video (provided I can find one).

D

Deleted member 301635

Hey, so sorry this is a little off-topic, but it's about a titan I'm designing. Would a camouflage ship look good? Also, there aren't any factions that use camo, are there?
    I tried doing a ship with camo once, but the patterns took forever. However, I did learn some things from it(General camo only, this was before random backgrounds):
    -Full black doesn't work, as a void would be conspicuous.
    - You want primarily black(space), with grey stripes(gas trails) and the occasional white dot(stars).
    -For best effect, combine with a jammer.
    Also, it does look good if you do it properly.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    My attempt at camo - purely visual, not functional came :

It was as much a pain in the bottom as you might think.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    Oh you guys did actual space camo to blend in, I was just thinking military style camo as an aesthetic choice.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i honestly dont understand why a picture i have is 1.6MB but a ship i built is 1.1MB

but atleast i know why i cant upload pictures

i will try to work on it more, im determined to give a picture of my ship in its current state

EDIT:

nvm figured it out
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png
    still not even halfway done, but is getting more and more powerful day by day. hope you enjoy.

EDIT again: I would have done it without the GUI but it is easier just to leave the stats in the picture.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz and Toombu
    Reaction score
    Less than 40 days left until the entry period has ended!!!!!

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Super Secret Squirrel Entry that will (probably) be finished before the deadline.

I finished the rough shell today, systems and turrets are ongoing.

Anyway, pictures: http://imgur.com/a/mzeU7 and a name: the IF Leviathan

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It's ahhh... not very secret... is it... what with the pictures and suchwhat.

Reaction score
    Wait - I thought this had closed ages ago. Damn, I am terrible at keeping track of time.

Expect me to enter my civilian ship - and I might just make a combat focused variant for this competition - or maybe I'll enter the civilian one to be sure I have the shielding category (both?).
    Some unreleased info about it - it is 200,000 blocks so far... And that is only the hull. The main turrets are now planned to have enough mass to enter the competition as standalone ships, too.

I'm taking this to another level right here. (If I finish the ship - I should probably do that)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Wait - I thought this had closed ages ago. Damn, I am terrible at keeping track of time.

Expect me to enter my civilian ship - and I might just make a combat focused variant for this competition - or maybe I'll enter the civilian one to be sure I have the shielding category (both?).
    Some unreleased info about it - it is 200,000 blocks so far... And that is only the hull. The main turrets are now planned to have enough mass to enter the competition as standalone ships, too.

I'm taking this to another level right here. (If I finish the ship - I should probably do that)
    I read that "200k mass", that scared me!