Titan class ship building contest!

Should the Best Design be chosen by me or by a vote from all of you guys in which I just tiebreak?

• Chosen by just me

Votes: 20 29.4%
    • Chosen by you guys with me tiebreaking

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh man, ok I'm gonna build a Titan,
    this will get very interesting

Three months? That is great I will build multiple ships then.

Reactions: Toombu
    Reaction score
    In this case I shall enter the Copernicus and then my new big ship once it is finished.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/ux-463-gen-iv-copernicus.1278/
    I don't mind if you minus points because it's smaller I am entering it for the design.
    Here is a picture:
    So, don't get me wrong, this is a damn sexy ship, but it is kinda on the edge size wise, if it were like another 4k or 5k less mass there is no way I would accept it, less than 90k and it's really on the fence, but this one is so close to 90k that it's fine.

All in all, great ship, just letting ya know how close you were.

Reaction score
    Sure, add my battle barge ^^. I'll probably work on it some more and maybe my other ships. Learned a lot from all my weapon tests so I'll have to adjust the weapons on the pillar of autumn and finish the interior, after that I can add that one too.
    So, I was just going over this contest again, and I realized, you said Pillar of Autumn...

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    "Should the Best Design be chosen by me or by a vote from all of you guys in which I just tiebreak?"
    It should be chosen by you, no one else should have any say in it. There are plenty of builders that have a whole collection of fans behind them. Votes will always be in favor of those.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It should be chosen by you, no one else should have any say in it. There are plenty of builders that have a whole collection of fans behind them. Votes will always be in favor of those.
    Very true indeed! I would not have considered such a possibility, the only way to otherwise receive a fair deal is a blind vote, but everyone knows many of the submitted ships as it is. So you judge, it is your competition!

I've also decided on a prize ship to donate, it will look very lovely indeed.

Reactions: Keptick

EMC007

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Umm, is it ok if my ship goes over the minimal limit by around 14 times? Because its already at 50k mass and its only 1/20 % done

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It's funny we have a Titan competition and a fighter competition at the same time

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Umm, is it ok if my ship goes over the minimal limit by around 14 times? Because its already at 50k mass and its only 1/20 % done
    As long as my computer doesn't crash, the ship is fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1412995121,1412995054][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's funny we have a Titan competition and a fighter competition at the same time
    I'm actually friends with UK_IN_US in real life, and neither of us knew the other was gonna post a competition until after we did, lol.

Reaction score
    50k mass only equals 0.05%? So the finished ship will have 100 million mass (about 1 billion blocks)? That would be quite impressive :D

EMC007

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah... I may have overstated that a little bit

It will be seriously large though, mainly because I'm going for the most shielded award and hope to have around 400,000,000 shields, because Orphaniel's Rex will be hard to beat when it comes to shielding.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    In 3 months though?

Impossible

EMC007

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I promise you I can, I have got 6 hours per day to do whatever I want

It's already got 37mil shields and is now at 100k mass

Orphaniel built Rex in one month

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You will burn out probably.

If you dont then your insane :p

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You only need something with 1 Mil blocks and it's entirely possible to make something like that in under 2/3 weeks with about 2 (productive :d) hours a day. Of course, adding special features like a full sized interior or a complicated logic system will increase build time although with the copy paste templates building goes a lot quicker now, at least the tedious parts :)