This Game is unplayable!

Reaction score
    All you do is build build build and then you get in combat for five minutes and lose everything and have to build build build again!

It’s not fun!

I really want to play this game I like the concept I even like how the weapons systems and the building system works but being forced to grind for endless hours is not fun.

I know mods are enabled on this game and I really want to play so I was wondering if someone could make me a mod that does three things.

1 when spawning a blueprint the game does not remove the completed blueprint from the inventory.

2 when respawning a blueprint the game auto destroys the previous ship that was spawned from the blueprint.

3 when a ship spawned from the completed blueprint overheats the blueprint is deleted from the inventory.

In my mind this would be completely balanced and make the game worth playing of course I would have to create my own server because of the mod or play single player but I’m down with that.

I know a tiny bit of script myself and I figure making the scripts to do this shouldn’t be too hard but if it turns out to be I’d be fine with one that just doesn’t remove the blueprint from inventory. I know this means there be thousands of duplicates running around on my server but at least that would be fun.

Thanks in advance

LordMaddog

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    if you are an admin or playing single player you can click "admin spawn" in the blueprints menu, this might help you in some way as it only requires you are admin or playing single player. no materials charged, nor credits.

and again if you are an admin or playing single player you can use the "/destroy_entity_dock" or "/destroy_entity" commands to immediately destroy any ship you select.

and I think shipyards might help you somewhat, but be warned they are currently unfinished and very buggy, but that is because they need blady blah feature before the bugs can be fixed and another thing before whatever. so be patient and very calm when using them.

basically, be either an admin or play single player.

oh and my personal favourite thing with blue prints, is in the admin blueprints options. MASS SPAWN...you might like this if you want thousands of ship flying around.I definitely didn't spawn 50000 smallish ships...that definitely was not be melting my own laptop...

and creative mode...that truly is a time saver when making ships or stations, or anything really.

yours sincerely
    a cookie monster in a dreadnaught.

Reactions: Code North
    Reaction score
    I may point out first: I CAN understand your view point..

BUT the numbers of hours and fun i had up to this point in this alpha, do disprove the "unplayable" statement.

The mod you discribe is basicly you roleplaying in singleplayer creative mode, using admin commands.
    If thats what you wanna do no one will stop you, you basicly using 2 comands over and over:

/destroy_entity_dock and /spawn_entity

On the scripting side of things, linking a blueprint to destroy an specific entity might be a a fun bit to code so
    time to use your tiny bit of skripting as groundwork and google for the "nobody to blame but me, if it wont work"- experience
    (im sure it will be fun).

So take care and have fun

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    and I think shipyards might help you somewhat, but be warned they are currently unfinished and very buggy, but that is because they need blady blah feature before the bugs can be fixed and another thing before whatever. so be patient and very calm when using them..
    Shipyards have received a lot up fixes over the last few updates and I use them all the time now. No issues so far. You can even get into the core from the computer now!

Reaction score
    I may point out first: I CAN understand your view point..

BUT the numbers of hours and fun i had up to this point in this alpha, do disprove the "unplayable" statement.

The mod you discribe is basicly you roleplaying in singleplayer creative mode, using admin commands.
    If thats what you wanna do no one will stop you, you basicly using 2 comands over and over:

/destroy_entity_dock and /spawn_entity

On the scripting side of things, linking a blueprint to destroy an specific entity might be a a fun bit to code so
    time to use your tiny bit of skripting as groundwork and google for the "nobody to blame but me, if it wont work"- experience
    (im sure it will be fun).

So take care and have fun
    Actually the low player base proves me right :)
    This game has so many awesome features it should have thousands of players but because the Insane repair system it is 'Obviously' not playable in many people's eyes.

And I don't want to use admin commands that just takes all the fun out of the game even more so.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This game has so many awesome features it should have thousands of players but because the Insane repair system it is 'Obviously' not playable in many people's eyes.

And I don't want to use admin commands that just takes all the fun out of the game even more so.
    It definitely sounds like you need to try out the shipyards. There's quite a few people in chat that can usually help right away if you are stuck.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've had some great fun with bugs. Especially when the push module allowed unlimited acceleration. Was awesome on PVP server where I traveled to a distant galaxy with push drive only.

The game is what you make of it.

I adapt and see what I can do with every update. Keeps me on my toes. :)

Reaction score
    It definitely sounds like you need to try out the shipyards. There's quite a few people in chat that can usually help right away if you are stuck.
    I have built my own shipyard but it still requires you to have all the blocks and in one fight with pirates I lost Like a hundred and fifty Advance wedges two hundred and thirty Advanced cubes and uncountable amount of system blocks. Essentially I lost three days worth of work in one fight! That lasted less than three minutes. Not fun!!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have built my own shipyard but it still requires you to have all the blocks and in one fight with pirates I lost Like a hundred and fifty Advance wedges two hundred and thirty Advanced cubes and uncountable amount of system blocks. Essentially I lost three days worth of work in one fight! That lasted less than three minutes. Not fun!!
    Well, for starters, stop picking fights you aren't ready for yet.

Go find a planet, claim it, set up factories, and start working on building bigger miners. A couple hundred blocks of any kind is really nothing at all once you have your basic infrastructure set up.

You're charging out into a lion's den when all you've really made is a stick.

Reaction score
    No offense, but if it's not fun to you anymore then don't play. There are plenty of spaceship games that don't require you to build a ship from scratch. The whole point of the game is to build, and then use what you build. If you're looking for a space combat game, which judging by what you've said you are, then this isn't your game,

Reaction score

Well i leave you to your opinion,

Reading your comments proves a sandbox is only as much fun/as good as the kid thats playing in it.
    (for details, please use the following link: here)

take care and im sorry for you that this alpha, does not satisfy you...
    (You might more interested in this: here)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If you really want a mod like this i'd suggest opening a request in the mod ideas category.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm like 90% sure this guy's just a troll account, he's posted nothing but flame against starmade so far.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm like 90% sure this guy's just a troll account, he's posted nothing but flame against starmade so far.
    Let's not jump to conclusions FD. He isn't making ridiculous demands or just yelling in capslock.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    "two hundred and fifty advanced armor"
    "three days of work"

...are you trying to mine asteroids by hand?!

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    "two hundred and fifty advanced armor"
    "three days of work"

...are you trying to mine asteroids by hand?!
    He is a first timer. I wouldn't say he is very experienced in the game so far.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Why the need for essentially a double thread?
    I am confused, how is this different from the other one except for the fact that their is more flame in this one?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    If Pirates are getting through your shields, add more shields and anti-missile turrets. Oh my, Suddenly playable!