This Game is unplayable!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I see where LordMaddog is coming from, I do agree that building takes a while and the repair system is kinda annoying. Repairing a reked titan is hard but a few hundred blocks is nothing. Titans take like thousands of blocks to repair and I don't think the resource collection is a problem. The tedious part is finding the missing blocks and repairing them, docking turrets that are destroyed, fixing weapon systems, and repairing logic systems that you forgot about. I'm not sure if shipyards fix things for you based on a blueprint but I've been wasting time fixing ships by hand and it gets annoying.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I see where LordMaddog is coming from, I do agree that building takes a while and the repair system is kinda annoying. Repairing a reked titan is hard but a few hundred blocks is nothing. Titans take like thousands of blocks to repair and I don't think the resource collection is a problem. The tedious part is finding the missing blocks and repairing them, docking turrets that are destroyed, fixing weapon systems, and repairing logic systems that you forgot about. I'm not sure if shipyards fix things for you based on a blueprint but I've been wasting time fixing ships by hand and it gets annoying.
    Shipyards do have the ability to repair from blueprints, but they're buggy and absolutely hate docked entities.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    This is a game that lets you make ships from scratch. It's not a cookie-cutter off-the-shelf kind of thing. Furthermore SM is in Alpha...as in still under development. The player base dropped for many reasons yet you make assumptions as to why players are absent. Are they bored and waiting for new things to be added? Did they get job that demands more of their time? Did they have a baby? Are they playing something else for awhile?

Getting blown away is part of learning to make a better ship. That is the essence of this game. If you don't like building; use other people's BPs. If you don't like mining; hunt pirates or explore ruins. If all of this seems like work then maybe you should check your expectations.

Repairing a damaged ship is simple. Eat the blocks in advanced build mode then re-spawn a fresh BP. In less than a minute you are done, having only replaced the missing pieces.

As Sarge says "Lighten up Francis.";)

Reactions: StoneCyfer
    Reaction score
    "two hundred and fifty advanced armor"
    "three days of work"

...are you trying to mine asteroids by hand?!
    Ahh ya...
    I just found out you can have AI do it for you...
    tho I dont know how to do it. The tuts arnt every good and the logic is out of my leagu

dose any one have a good miner blue print they can give me?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mining fleets are actually new.
    My largest miner can basically evaporate an asteroid in mere seconds. The community would consider it a starter ship. (I have no patience for large builds). 250 advanced armor would take me about an hour. Less if I decide to buy from shops instead of manufacturing myself.

A mining drone is very simple. Salvage computer with linked modules and storage. Just enough thrusters to make it go. Just enough power to make it go. Keep it simple, crank em out a dozen.
    Press 'k' to open the fleet menu. Make a fleet. Add all your drones. Find some asteroids, order fleet to 'Mine Sector'.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Or just learn the game's basics (advanced build mode, mining, power systems etc) before bitching that the game is 'unplayable'
    I'll speak to you again in two months when you've made an actual effort. goodbye.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    dose any one have a good miner blue print they can give me?
    Look under 'Community Content' to find any kind of ship you can imagine. Most can be downloaded directly from this site.
    Try my 'Diamond Pickaxe' for a nice mid-sized miner.

DiamondPA.jpg

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    HAHA this game went from unplayable to a worthless Endless idling, Boring grind fest.

Essentially all I do for hours on end is move a massive fleet of miners from one sector to another while I sit idly by and watch than mine.

Well this game had nice concepts I like the building part of it I even liked the combat but it will never go anywhere.
    It will have a small niche following at most.
    It could've been great.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    HAHA this game went from unplayable to a worthless Endless idling, Boring grind fest.

Essentially all I do for hours on end is move a massive fleet of miners from one sector to another while I sit idly by and watch than mine.

Well this game had nice concepts I like the building part of it I even liked the combat but it will never go anywhere.
    It could've been great.
    Before you go there is something I must know; what the hell is your avatar meant to be?

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score

It could've been great.
    I agree, if all you do is have an AI fleet to mine and do nothing yourself it can get a bit tedious. Just like sitting in an office in customer support and talking with idiots on the phone can get a bit tedious if you never go out for lunch, never talk with your colleagues, never go home to your loving family, never go to the pub with friends, never relax while playing games like starmade etc.
    Essentially what I'm saying is that you got to learn to appreciate all the aspects of life. Some parts are more fun than others.

Reaction score
    I agree, if all you do is have an AI fleet to mine and do nothing yourself it can get a bit tedious. Just like sitting in an office in customer support and talking with idiots on the phone can get a bit tedious if you never go out for lunch, never talk with your colleagues, never go home to your loving family, never go to the pub with friends, never relax while playing games like starmade etc.
    Essentially what I'm saying is that you got to learn to appreciate all the aspects of life. Some parts are more fun than others.
    A game IS NOT WORK!

it should never be work!

this is work endless work that has to be endlessly repeated any time I get into a serious battle.
    If it was a one time thing were I spent a few days doing it then I get to build then go have fun in combat realize my Design need some tweaks scrap my current build use its resources and build again to have fun in combat.
    Then yes it would be fine but it's not that way. I've already watched on YouTube how it works out you Spend endless hours mining have some fun building jump into combat and have to spend endless hours mining again even if you utterly cream your opponent.

That's just not fun!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    all this yelling that things doesn't work and you don't like it will not help any of us.
    You should try and make some proper suggestions on how to improve the game so it could be more fun for more people.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    A game IS NOT WORK!

it should never be work!

this is work endless work that has to be endlessly repeated any time I get into a serious battle.
    If it was a one time thing were I spent a few days doing it then I get to build then go have fun in combat realize my Design need some tweaks scrap my current build use its resources and build again to have fun in combat.
    Then yes it would be fine but it's not that way. I've already watched on YouTube how it works out you Spend endless hours mining have some fun building jump into combat and have to spend endless hours mining again even if you utterly cream your opponent.

That's just not fun!
    That's why such things as factions exist. I personally haven't mined for 2 years for reference.
    Also, space games are based loosely on survival, where the aim is to challenge yourself (i.e. work towards surviving).
    E.g., an example from a gaming forum where people were asked if they like challenging games:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.409760-Poll-Do-you-like-challenging-games
    4.9% of people said no.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming...do_so_many_people_want_games_to_be_harder_do/

Understanding what draws players to difficult games is vitally important to creating one – if you don't know why your audience is playing, you can't offer them the encouragement they need to sustain them on their long and sometimes discouraging adventure. So what makes us willing to tackle such daunting challenges?

"Mastering a set of skills is always fun," says XCOM 2 creative director Jake Solomon. "The process of learning is fun, and the process of applying your learning is even more fun. Everybody likes to feel clever, and with challenging games, your reward is really that sense of cleverness, that sense of accomplishment in the face of obstacles." Whether you're mulling over your next move in a turn-based strategy game, dodging sword strikes in an action RPG, or timing precise jumps in a 2D platformer, acquiring and perfecting new skills is always rewarding.

If you don't really want to read into what is said above, all you need to know is more or less summed up in this article, which you can see here:
    Why We Love the Games That Enrage Us Most

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bye then, door is over there.

Nobody said you had to like it, we're not going to fight to keep you if you don't.

Reaction score
    To me it sounds like you want the other version of the game, Battle Mode. I'm not entirely sure how up to date it is, but here's the link to the update that introduced it:

StarMade News - StarMade 0.16 - Crafting and BattleMode

If it isn't it really should be up to date, as it would be the optimal version for players like yourself who want a more fast paced experience.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

It could've been great.

Reaction score
    I kinda miss this game, it was fun to build! I wish it was out of alpha and heading to beta at least :<

Looking forward to see the new stuff that has been released! :>

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive

It could've been great.
    If you want the game without the grind... just play creative mode.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I do agree that the game is easy after a few hours, I built a giant salvage ship that mines asteroids in less than a second, it can destroy most pirate stations without taking any HP damage. After around 3 days, it basically building and searching for the other 10 players on the server. It takes hours searching for someone to kill. And the battles last around 20 minutes max if you have a fleet.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460477918,1460477816][/DOUBLEPOST]I have no problem if the game takes some good parts like the survival aspects from Space Engineers. If it´s a good game element, why not use it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It could've been great.
    Well many features that give purpose to the universe are not in yet. The biggest draw for the game is building and creating. Those are in the game now. What isn't in the game are missions, expanded faction mechanics, universe updates, NPC's, player gear, new assets.

Basically half the game is not here yet. You can be upset with current gameplay all you want, but please do not consider this game dead already when it is hardly a finished product :)