The Vaygr Empire [RECRUITMENT OPEN]

Reaction score
    Sure. First battle of Thryn's home station on pre-reset Elwyn, Odium launched a surprise attack on Thryn, who they were previously negotiating trade possibilities with. This consisted of an Alliance Armada 800k mass titan and a Vaygr 300k mass titan. Thryn intercepted with a 55k mass ship and a 35k mass ship, and after the enormous Vaygr Odium titans were unable to hit the agile Thryn ships while the massive Thryn base turret was pounding away at their shields, AA and Vaygr retreated.

The Vaygr Empire never again fought with Thryn.
    And what do you have to back this up?

Screenshots? Chatlogs?

I am told it went down differently

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Odium launched a surprise attack on Thryn, who they were previously negotiating trade possibilities with
    That sounds like a really bad stolen tactic...

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    And what do you have to back this up?

Screenshots? Chatlogs?

I am told it went down differently
    It did go down differently. I'd been shouting at Blackhawk over something or other for a day or so. There was no trade discussion.

I also managed to lose shields and take some minor hull damage about three minutes of dodging fire in, which surprised everyone because I was outmassed by a factor of 20 to 1. The base defense turret did not cause hull damage to the AA Athena, but its shields did drop to 40% or so within those three minutes. I jumped out upon loss of shields and ordered NeonDestroyer, who was allegedly engaging Zoro's 300k or whatever it was at the time, back to base. I personally did not see Zoro on-screen save for on scanners.

Keptick was unfortunate enough to arrive immediately afterwards and have his 50k mass ship one-shotted from 4 sectors out.

This happened somewhere just under 2 years ago, shortly after the formation of Thryn, on pre-reset Elwyn Eternity, well before the rail update. Do note that most sane people do not keep screenshots of literally every chat log from every conflict going back years.

Reactions: AresCoalition

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Could have sworn we were thinking of doing some trade with CR.

Thanks for (mostly) backing me up.
    Oh. CR? That would make more sense.

Yeah, we might have been having talks with CR specifically. I forgot they even got involved until I remembered Keptick's ship suddenly evaporating. Mortiferum would know more about that, I think, since he was the one I seem to remember proposing that. If there were a trade thing that would've gone on, then it would've been CR acting alone without the rest of Odium. I remember that much, at least.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Would this be found somewhere on the old odium/vager thread, or the old thryn thread?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Yeah, we might have been having talks with CR specifically. I forgot they even got involved until I remembered Keptick's ship suddenly evaporating. Mortiferum would know more about that, I think, since he was the one I seem to remember proposing that. If there were a trade thing that would've gone on, then it would've been CR acting alone without the rest of Odium. I remember that much, at least.

I remember the waffen evaporating some stuff :/

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    New Titan maybe supertitan compared to the heavy variant of the tormentor
    Is that sitting on its side, as in is horizontal or is vertical? Because if it is vertical that would be over 1k high I presume, which would really be quite impressive, not to say that 1km wide wouldn't be. Interested to see how that pans out and if that ever makes its debut.

Reaction score
    AFAIK its not 100% finished yet, I think they putting armor plates on or something like that

To answer your question, you are looking at this titan from the top

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    AFAIK its not 100% finished yet, I think they putting armor plates on or something like that

To answer your question, you are looking at this titan from the top
    Oh you cheeky Vaygrs. Is it still short and squat enough to get a decent turn rate, or is it still just too massive for that?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2

I remember that, kep was wondering what happened and what killed him lol.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    New Titan maybe supertitan compared to the heavy variant of the tormentor
    Took me a moment to get my bearings, that's certainly an imposing shape 0.0
    It's getting the full black & red edgefest right?

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Had a fun battle with "Formiden Colonial Mandate" yesterday, thanks to all the players that participated!

-comr4de
    -lecic
    -luigi101
    -(kind of)tunk
    -azeriah
    -jaaskinal
    -Harm
    -Zoro
    -Redalert
    -fellow_starmadian
    -Timeh

participating factions: Vaygr Empire, Formiden Colonial Mandate, Infinite Legion

-I edited the post to fix some errors. removed limelier, added azeriah, kept tunk (cuz hez a sexy babe)
    -edited again, BDLS said he wasn't there, but was there the first time we attacked and ate a swarmer.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Gonzalo