The Vaygr Empire [RECRUITMENT OPEN]

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Maybe he just doesn't like BS.
    It seems everyone involved in this is flinging shit in lieu of a greeting...
    So he makes a bunch more BS and flings shit in lieu of a greeting. Weird reaction to not liking BS I guess

i remember when people didnt take these internet legos so seriously

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    dead and buried alongside fun

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So he makes a bunch more BS and flings shit in lieu of a greeting. Weird reaction to not liking BS I guess
    Pretty normal reaction to not liking BS, if you consider most people involved in this thread are doing it.
    It's "team Vaygr" vs "team haterz"

Reaction score
    guys will you piss off our thread. any more arguing is getting reported.

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    I searched "Vaygr Empire" on imgur, this was the result 20 minutes ago.

This was the result.

FIRST OF ALL, whoever did this fucked up the logo

Secondly we barley even use missile missile combos

Thirdly we use more than one output for our missiles

Reactions: Gonzalo

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    150k mass isn't a Titanmade server
    Devs themselves have stated that 150k mass is well over their recommended idea of how big ships should be. AndyP himself was in the TAW TS recommending against the massive boost your faction pushed the admins into doing. 150k mass is OFFICIALLY TITANMADE, and the fact that you're trying to argue that ships that are over a million blocks aren't "titans" frankly shows how far Vaygr's fallen.

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    (...) I also want to hear everyone's ideas and not just respond to someone who hijacks the OP to turn it into a forum for their own brilliant ideas (no names ;)).

MacThule has done us a service by starting this thread and then letting the dialog unfold. I personally don't always agree with Lecic but I respect his MP experience and restraint. For me, his perspectives on game-balance are more valuable than all the noob-dreamers combined. Game-balance must have precedence over a 'cool, I-want-that' paradigm.

If these ideas are going to work we need to reign in our enthusiasm and avoid adding too many elements at once. The more variables you add at one time the less predictable the outcome.

Here is a thread that has discussed some Bio/DOT weapons as well.
    Recognized - Flak weapons
    I like the new signature lecic, but the post you link us to also says that you hijacked another player's thread:
    [doublepost=1471968349,1471968267][/doublepost]
    I searched "Vaygr Empire" on imgur, this was the result 20 minutes ago.

This was the result.

(Vaygr Needs You!)

FIRST OF ALL, whoever did this fucked up the logo

Secondly we barley even use missile missile combos

Thirdly we use more than one output for our missiles
    I don't know jasper, I think it's kinda funny :P

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    Devs themselves have stated that 150k mass is well over their recommended idea of how big ships should be. AndyP himself was in the TAW TS recommending against the massive boost your faction pushed the admins into doing. 150k mass is OFFICIALLY TITANMADE, and the fact that you're trying to argue that ships that are over a million blocks aren't "titans" frankly shows how far Vaygr's fallen.

So one of the games developers actually jumped onto a teamspeak to tell you that 150k mass is over the idea of how big ships should be?

AndyP I am not inclined to believe Lecic, if you have time to jump onto a teamspeak can you confirm what Lecic is saying is true?

Now.

If that is the devs official stance on size then why did Lancake build a 230k+ mass plus ship for community content, (https://starmadedock.net/content/warhammer40k-battle-barge.1275/)? Clearly they don't all share the same opinion.

Also, Titans don't kill servers, Arkansan told Zoro while he was still running EI that the Titan's caused no strain on his server and that the problem was not in the servers hardware but the client's bad optimization.

Titans don't kill servers, Titan's kill clients, EI ran perfectly fine in terms of hardware use, and before you try and say "but EI had frequent downtime" it had frequent downtime because, in the words of what Arkansan told Zoro:

"The StarMade server would hang the entire box when the restart script was executed"

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So one of the games developers actually jumped onto a teamspeak to tell you that 150k mass is over the idea of how big ships should be?

AndyP I am not inclined to believe Lecic, if you have time to jump onto a teamspeak can you confirm what Lecic is saying is true?

Now.

If that is the devs official stance on size then why did Lancake build a 230k+ mass plus ship for community content, (https://starmadedock.net/content/warhammer40k-battle-barge.1275/)? Clearly they don't all share the same opinion.

Also, Titans don't kill servers, Arkansan told Zoro while he was still running EI that the Titan's caused no strain on his server and that the problem was not in the servers hardware but the client's bad optimization.

Titans don't kill servers, Titan's kill clients, EI ran perfectly fine in terms of hardware use, and before you try and say "but EI had frequent downtime" it had frequent downtime because, in the words of what Arkansan told Zoro:

"The StarMade server would hang the entire box when the restart script was executed"
    It was in a TAW meeting multiple ppl were there.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Now.

I do believe he built that ship because he simply felt like it and thought it would be an awesome build. Besides that didn't he release before he was even a part of Schine and furthermore he's the head tester not a dev as of so.
    Yeah tell that to Deadlis, Rimmer, and Keptic with Vengance and Charon >_>

Reaction score
    ffs you guys
    this is not the place. go to chat or general discussion.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I am sure I did not agree to specific numbers, and the general topic in the channel was:
    "What would you suggest as a mass or block limit?"
    I stated I would consider large ships starting at 150k mass.
    (I also have no idea about server rules or recent changes, just for reference.)

I did say for sure that:
    Sector size,
    maximum speed and
    build mode area
    have a heavy influence on the possible "server load per player".

The actual block/mass limit on a server depends on the type of players around.
    If they tend to fight a lot and cpu/lag spikes are really noticeable, the maximal size for ships should be kept low, to have smaller spikes.
    On build servers those settings can be a lot higher, if most ships are "just parked" and not moving into each others boundary boxes.

Anyway:
    Point is, I did not state specific numbers should be a limitation.

So yes, the ship built by Lancake is large, and can cause high load on the server if you fly around with it careless and bump into piles of other ships or try to land it on a planet. So new players should possibly not built that big without some knowledge about bottlenecks and how to fly a ship that large. But thats my opinion, and for sure nothing we are planning to enforce at some point.

- Andy

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Titans don't kill servers, Titan's kill clients,
    Yes, and when you kill the majority of people's clients, people don't want to play anymore, now do they?

Also, larger ships have larger boxdims with more docked entities, which causes more collision checks which puts more strain on servers. The only titans that don't cause server issues are ones without any sort of docked subsystems and turrets.

Reactions: AndyP

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, and when you kill the majority of people's clients, people don't want to play anymore, now do they?

Also, larger ships have larger boxdims with more docked entities, which causes more collision checks which puts more strain on servers. The only titans that don't cause server issues are ones without any sort of docked subsystems and turrets.
    True,
    or if you have a large ship with many docked entities, do not try to use an USD on another ship of similar dimension and dock-count.
    (And complain about FPS drops when merging 100 boundary boxes when your main ship boundaries start to overlap.

Park near it, and use a shuttle to go over, like real RPG, then you are fine. =)
    (Sure, not a solution, but we are working on it.)

- Andy

Reactions: Lecic