The Thryn [Recruitment Limited]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What war, so far it's been me leveling everyone's bases and faction assets. I don't consider it one just yet.
    I like how you say "everyone", yet you only have attacked us so far.

No faction drama/slander/anything else intended.

Reaction score
    What war, so far it's been me leveling everyone's bases and faction assets. I don't consider it one just yet.
    I'm sure people would be happy to take the fight server-side if anyone was online. It's not much fun destroying anything not home base protected over and over again.

I don't mean to poke and prod and start drama, but I haven't exactly seen too much activity from either side in-game besides a couple people here and there.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Very true, alot of inactivity everywhere really. I'm been focusing on college. Plus SM has become to boring for alot of us.
    So no drama here lol.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421943430,1421943222][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I like how you say "everyone", yet you only have attacked us so far.

No faction drama/slander/anything else intended.
    I attacked rez base leveled that completely. We attacked thyrn, and then CynicalCatalyst faction on Christmas eve. That's pretty much everyone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Rezerian was not formally a part of CoK at that point. You did not level Thryn's base and you only killed a couple starter ships from us. My point persists.

I attacked rez base leveled that completely. We attacked thyrn, and then CynicalCatalyst faction on Christmas eve. That's pretty much everyone.
    That is hardly half of us.

We should probably stop arguing about this here before the mods get angry.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As long as we are respectful, and present our arguments well. Mods should not get involved as this is a faction thread and what we talk about relates to factions. As we are just having a conversation.
    I remember more things were destroyed from Thryn, like outposts and other things lol.
    I did not say I leveled their base, we attacked and destroyed everything we could. I made clear of that.

I know your numbers. Let's not argue how big your group is now lol. When pressure is apply. Many will buckle, and retreat.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    In addition to my turrets shooting at things, but a distinct lack of ships. Agreed.
    And yeah, a few warp gates got destroyed, but nothing of any significant value.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    We did what we could, haha you guys got kep too from 14k away. Your outposts needed work to. Nothing big gone, but you where reduced to a single system. Which is easy to do lol.
    Until the game gets better and implements alot of the players ideas to improve it. It's just not worth playing atm for me. I did wish you guys had tried harder tho.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    With the severe punishments in FP for losing systems, we decided that it would be cheaper just to have it be a single faction block and only a system we're actually mining in to use, any station that was destroyed that was >.1 mass were warp gates that basically went no-where that we couldn't get equally quickly with jumps :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That's what we do. Two block stations and done. One bad thing with starmade. When you want to attack someone, you need permission or hope that their base turrets are down lol.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    lol, yeah, there's not a whole lot of capability to attack unless your enemy is really stupid/has a spy that can actually do something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    lol, yeah, there's not a whole lot of capability to attack unless your enemy is really stupid/has a spy that can actually do something.
    This.

Neither side can go at each other... At all....

You got your waffen turret, and CR base have it's defense grid. Neither side can attack each other without instantly dying....

Maybe organising some set piece battles will be much, much more entertaining them the waiting game we are playing.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've seen what you guys do on organized battles. You have quite an advantage when you're allowed to be organized.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've seen what you guys do on organized battles. You have quite an advantage when you're allowed to be organized.
    We love to be organized. Lol. Ya when we say let's have an organized battle it just a way we can get some factions to fight us, under the assumption that it would be a fair one.. lol

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hm, on second thought, it would be pretty fun, and you guys do have a pretty stable server of your own. I'll bring it up when we have some people around.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    Hmm credit spawning ships is the only thing that kept wars going. Noone wants to lose months of gathering and building in 30 secs to a flawed combat system. I'd be happy to fight on a server where neither side is restricted by their fears. Buy with blocks is an utter failure in terms of driving activity. Its turned into show and tell.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    that's the point of buy-with-blocks. to make ships feel like significant assets and investments. otherwise the titan is just a throwaway ship.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see it as a way to curb unneccesary issues within the community. When ships were just kind of there, factions would start wars over everything, often to the detriment of the community. Nowadays, people actually have to consider the risks and potential gains from just going up and trying to tear down another faction.

In other words, it was a total success for its intended purpose. Now things are starting to become more like Eve instead of CoD in terms of how valuable your resources are. EvE, you have to be careful. CoD, you can go in and do whatever without fear of losing anything worthwhile.

Tl;dr- Block spawning is an improvement.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Hmm credit spawning ships is the only thing that kept wars going. Noone wants to lose months of gathering and building in 30 secs to a flawed combat system. I'd be happy to fight on a server where neither side is restricted by their fears. Buy with blocks is an utter failure in terms of driving activity. Its turned into show and tell.
    If it takes you months to get a decent ship, you might want to consider building a better salvaging fleet, or get some more members to do some mining. It's worked fine for us. A faction as big as AA should be able to gather significantly more resources than we can.

And maybe consider downsizing your ships if it takes you months to get anything.