The Terran Gossamer Technocracy

Reaction score

"So, you look into the night sky, hmm? And what do you see? Hundreds upon thousands of galaxies, and then you, resting at the center. Do you not occasionally wonder what keeps us safe? What, in the great wilderness of the night, keeps us from falling apart? I'll tell you. Unity, Intelligence, and Strength. That, my friend, is what keeps us, what keeps the Gossamer together. It's our foundation, our core. And we welcome you with open arms, as one of our own.

Welcome to the Gossamer."

What is the TGT?

The TGT, or Terran Gossamer Technocracy, is the result of ages of planning and cooperation between Starmade's finest, and the merging of the Lazarus Imperium and the Carsir Shogunate in ambition of creating a truly powerful, united faction. A group of like-minded people, bound together by a fine, intricate web. Or, in other words, a gossamer.

Are we evil? Nay, I can't say so. Are we good? I wouldn't define us as such, either. We do not subscribe to simplistic rules as such, and instead carve our own path through the galaxy, whether it be through Fire or through Peace. But one thing is true to the TGT; Nothing, save those under or connected by the Gossamer, is or will ever be sacred.

We are, however, greatly intrigued by technology and art, and constantly seek to build the most brutal of warships, under the most sleek and serene of shells. We believe that in order to control power, you must counteract it with culture.

And so the Technocracy section of the TGT's name was born. Technology may equal might, as many have shown before, but we mustn't forget class and etiquette, as, sadly, many have also lost.

And so, finally, we reach the first piece of the TGT. Terran. Of Earth. For we, in order to stay united, never forget from where we came. Earth. Whatever faction you may have been in before. Your friends, your comrades.

All are welcome to the TGT.

Why should you join the TGT?

Because, you know who you are. You know you're the finest Starmade has to offer, and you want to be part of something that will utilize you and your skills. You want to be gilded as a member of one of the finest StarMade factions, and you want to be pushed to your limits.

But you still wish to be involved in a faction that doesn't forget about chivalry, and that there's two sides to all conflicts, peace and war. Whichever side of the coin you wish to take part in, The TGT has a place for you.

How does ranking work?

The ranking system within the TGT is unique within its freeform and liquid approach to ranking. The easiest way to describe it is a tree, with the top three branches being the Pantheon. These are the super-members with not super-members to themselves. Everyone else, however, has both super-users and sub-users.

There is no linear system of ranks and titles. You are assigned a super-user, who then have a super user of their own, up until the Pantheon. Then, you may be assigned Sub-Users, who may then be assigned their own sub-users. However, each member may only have one Super User.

You must communicate with both your Super User, Sub Users, and general Members who are also Super Users of your Sub Users. All in all, it creates a flexible and non-linear approach to ranking that can be adjusted at a moments notice to fit any needs.
    Oh, and that brings me to just that. The Pantheon. The Pantheon itself contains the three top-tier leadership positions, listed below.

MrNature72 - High Justicar - Head Political Agency, H.P.A
    The HPA consists of the politicians and ambassadors of the TGT, and are tasked with keeping tabs on all of the TGT's allies and enemies, and everything in between. They're fairly small, but they play a large role.

Mariux - Grand Strategos - Field Command Ops, F.C.O / General Field Ops, G.F.O
    Mariux commands both the FCO and the GFO. The FCO is the top super-members of the TGT, consisting of the people directly below Mariux. They're the top generals and officers of the TGT, and are tasked with making sure Mariux's commands are carried out. The GFO consists of the members who are not part of any specific group, and is the largest of all the organizations within the TGT. The GFO is, therefore, just the basic list of members.

Megacrafter127 - Prime Vizier - Bureau of Internal Management, B.I.M

The BIM is in charge of keeping the faction well oiled and to help keep it running smoothly. They're tasked with things such as factory management, maintaining fleets, and keeping track of financials. The BIM works closely with the HPA in terms of espionage.

As you can see, there are 4 primary Gossamers within the TGT. The HPA, FCO, GFO, and BIM. Let's go over those in more detail.

HEAD POLITICAL AGENCY, HPA
    Members of the HPA are those who support the peace aspect of the TGT, and work as ambassadors and peace keepers within the TGT, and among its allies. Lead by the High Justicar, they are fully capable of handling high-stress situations in terms of politics.

GENERAL FIELD OPS, GFO
    The GFO, or the General Field Ops, is the primary gossamer within the TGT, and consists of the majority of members. The GFO is the body of the TGT, containing the primary fleets, largest sum of members, and the most firepower per square parsec. They handle the majority of field operations within the TGT, and is where most potential members should apply!

FIELD COMMAND OPS, FCO
    The FCO consists of the super-members directly below the Grand Strategos, forming the upper brim of the FCO gossamer. They're the admirals that handle the fleet when the Grand Strategos is not available, and make sure the GFO stays organized and efficient.

BUREAU OF INTERNAL MANAGEMENT, BIM
    The BIM is the most exclusive and private gossamer within the TGT, being where the majority of financials and infrastructure is handled. The BIM is, for the most part, secretive, and not much information about it can be released publicly.

How does the TGT play the game?
    Simply put, we are an aggressive and territorial faction, focused around expanding our domain and keeping the great industrial machine running smoothly and efficiently. We do not go to fruitless wars with other factions for the sake of war itself, but will fight diligently to claim the next piece of the galaxy that borders our empire, whether it be through physical, industrial, or political means.

We believe the strong survive, but strength isn't just measured through your ships. It's measured in the loyalty of your members. The ability to talk as well as you fight. The possession of reason and understanding. The power of your industry.

But, then again, having giant ships doesn't hurt.

Standard Expansion Procedure
    The SEP is one of the most important documents within the TGT. It allows for fleets to act on their own without always requiring explicit commands from the Pantheon and sometimes even the CFO member of their respective fleet. It's a set of combat guidelines designed to allow the TGT to wage war but still allow smaller factions the chance to grow.

1. Any hostiles in TGT territory can be hunted and engaged. This supersedes other rules.
    2. Don't instigate wars with major factions or alliances without approval from command.
    3. If a hostile is unaffiliated (Not part of a faction we're actively fighting) and incapable of fighting back, do not instigate combat.
    4. All major battles should be reported somewhere.
    5. Permanent system claims should be kept in a single mass.
    6. Major offensive fleet ops must have approval from command. (I still don't like this one. Maybe 'command' could apply to group/fleet leaders in this case?)
    7. Do not spawncamp. We're here to kick ass, not deny content to the assless.
    HOW DO I JOIN?

Simple. Fill out the sheet below, and send it to anyone in the Pantheon!

Username:
    Available Hours (optional):
    Reason for Application:

--------------------------------------------
    CURRENT MEMBERS
    ---------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So, what servers do you guys think you'll be playing on? SS? EE? GenX? Some other server?

Reaction score
    So, what servers do you guys think you'll be playing on? SS? EE? GenX? Some other server?
    -MrNature72-​
    EE, probably. SS has a block limit, and we ain't havin' any of that shit. As for GenX, we haven't looked to much into it. I'll discuss it with the rest of the Pantheon.

A player joins the table.
    Welcome.
    Most of us have been in this game a long, loooooooooong time. We're just skidding back into the limelight in a parade of confetti, pyrotechnics, and bald eagles.

Good to see you back...sorta...I guess...

wb. ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Username: Dark-life(forum) Dark-Life(ign)
    Preferred Gossamer: BIM
    Available Hours (optional): It changes.
    Reason for Application: Why not? :D

Edit: Username clarification

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Darn you and your existing, MrNature!

Username: MrFURB
    Preferred Gossamer: GFO (wtf you calling a gossamer in space? Silly name.)
    Available Hours (optional): 6-10 PM central time (-6:00 UTC) + anytime life doesn't need me.
    Reason for Application: I'd like to finally dip my big toe in the pond, so to speak. Joining an up and coming faction seems to be marginally better than privateering.

Reaction score
    Username: Dark-life(forum) Dark-Life(ign)
    Preferred Gossamer: BIM
    Available Hours (optional): It changes.
    Reason for Application: Why not? :D

Edit: Username clarification
    Transfer accepted, of course!

Darn you and your existing, MrNature!

Username: MrFURB
    Preferred Gossamer: GFO (wtf you calling a gossamer in space? Silly name.)
    Available Hours (optional): 6-10 PM central time (-6:00 UTC) + anytime life doesn't need me.
    Reason for Application: I'd like to finally dip my big toe in the pond, so to speak. Joining an up and coming faction seems to be marginally better than privateering.
    Welcome aboard, Furb. It's good to have you along.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, so THIS is what you were talking about. Interesting...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Username: MineCatFTW (IGN: MineCat)
    Preferred Gossamer: HPA/FCO
    Available Hours (optional): 4-10 Central Time
    Reason for Application: I need to get back into Starmade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wow, nothing is left from two years ago.

The DFN is the NFD.

The TE became Helkan.

Arstotzka merged into Helkan.

RA became a gaming server.

VT became a memory of true democracy.

LI merged to become TGT.

Vaygr merged with the other Odium factions, and Odium is dead.

Also new CR merged, which was formed from second old CR.

The only things that remained was Euro-Corp, which was revived from over a year, and the Dovan Empire which is still standing unchanged. It's ironic to think they have been neutral for so long and they remained the same.

Reactions: Unnamed25

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Out of interest, what do members of your faction do, considering that you don't yet play on any server?

Note: Am very impressed with the way the faction is layed out, and if I wasn't in my own faction on aetherion, would definetly apply for the TGT.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Out of interest, what do members of your faction do, considering that you don't yet play on any server?
    They're probably working on getting their fleet up and running in preparation for when they do move onto a server.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    They're probably working on getting their fleet up and running in preparation for when they do move onto a server.
    But how can they work together? Or do they use some sort of build server to get together and discuss ideas?
    Apart from also keeping an eye out for worthwhile servers in general.
    So you intend to have colonies on multiple servers? Or what?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    But how can they work together? Or do they use some sort of build server to get together and discuss ideas?
    The Gossamer has its way. ;)
    So you intend to have colonies on multiple servers? Or what?
    We have no policy against it. In fact, due to the liquid hierarchy a member can simply set up shop on any server and extend his own branch's reach into that server. After all, everyone can have any amount of subordinates, but anyone may only have 1 direct superior at a time.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    The Gossamer has its way. ;)

We have no policy against it. In fact, due to the liquid hierarchy a member can simply set up shop on any server and extend his own branch's reach into that server. After all, everyone can have any amount of subordinates, but anyone may only have 1 direct superior at a time.
    So theoretically, say Player X could be a faction owner, and yet still rank underneath the Pantheon members. Right?