The ShipYard of Awesome Deactivated

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Did i hear someone say Venator progress update?

I finally have the main hangar somewhat to my liking. (I'm still finishing the hangars) and i have the landing strip complete. The doors have been taken off to later be redone to be more canon... and be easier to do what I'm planning to do with them later on. Pictures are down below (but you probably didn't get to this part anyways)
    Note the details of these pictures may (and probably will) change as i progress through the build

Hangar from the front

View of hangars on the side

Close up of interior of hangar (will add more detail)

Hangars from front to back

More updates will be coming. And possibly more and more common after I get my finals done and possibly have other people helping me.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Another small update for the Venator WIP. I've been messing around with the doors which just don't seem to work how i want it to right now... I changed the Venator's twin bridges up a little bit to make them look better and have room for the 'trenches' that the bridge crew work in.

I will eventually change the look of the outside of the front again to make it not so flat.
    -Once the doors cooperate I will post a GIF of them actually working (if they ever do o_O) I've tried to keep the hangar as close to cannon as possible with a few changes because you can't always recreate something using 1 meter

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Another small update for the Venator WIP. I've been messing around with the doors which just don't seem to work how i want it to right now... I changed the Venator's twin bridges up a little bit to make them look better and have room for the 'trenches' that the bridge crew work in.

I will eventually change the look of the outside of the front again to make it not so flat.
    -Once the doors cooperate I will post a GIF of them actually working (if they ever do o_O) I've tried to keep the hangar as close to cannon as possible with a few changes because you can't always recreate something using 1 meter cubes...
    I don't see what you changed... What did you change exactly?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The bottom rounded thing on the bridge methinks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't see what you changed... What did you change exactly?
    The bottom rounded thing on the bridge methinks.
    Yes it is the bottom of the front of the command bridge. The second one is more rounded and extends further than the original one does. It gives more room for the actual 'trenches' that the bridge workers work control from.
    I probably should've expanded on what i did further.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434655318,1434652746][/DOUBLEPOST]A little hint of what i just came back to in my game... Not something that i was expecting that's for sure.
    The Doors decided that they wanted to undock and shift into the rest of the ship...

(those thrusters are for positioning the doors)

Shouldn't my game be dead already?

(You can't tell but that door is actually somehow docked to the ship in the background.... only 25 km infront of where it should be)

"This Doesn't look good" (the door undocked and got propelled away from the ship at close to 100 meters per second)

How did this even happen?

And randomness.

[UPDATE: The new version seems to have fixed my problems. I MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE WORKING DOORS SOON]

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hah, Thadius, I made that Gozanti cruiser way back when in November-ish. It's not quite perfect due to it's short length and the inherent problems with 1m^3 building blocks, but it gets the general idea down. I based it off of the clone wars version, and changed where the markings were and the side bits near the wings. Funny you should ask though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hah, Thadius, I made that Gozanti cruiser way back when in November-ish. It's not quite perfect due to it's short length and the inherent problems with 1m^3 building blocks, but it gets the general idea down. I based it off of the clone wars version, and changed where the markings were and the side bits near the wings. Funny you should ask though.
    Zyrr do you still have a copy of that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    *Place holder for current shipyard WIP*
    Hint it has something to do with the Venator... So assume that it is going to be MASSIVE

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That a pretty hangar bay you have here, glad to see that my replicas are being used. good luck in your fight against the dark side of the rail system

Reactions: awesome270
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen

(You can't tell but that door is actually somehow docked to the ship in the background.... only 25 km infront of where it should be)

I experienced the same thing with my helicarrier build it happens when you have a large ship part in and out of a sector, if you dock on the part that is out of the sector that the large ship core is in it puts you heck of a distance away from it but docked. I had to move mine more into the sector so it didn't mess things up :-D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That was over a week ago. But thanks for clearing that one up. The first ones of course are the ones that are most recent. Infact i can't even seem to dock any ship to the Venator's rail systems right now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Progress update #2: Bridge Overhaul

I spent the majority of yesterday working on the command bridges of the Venator. I spent a lot of time smoothing out the bridges with rails (and still haven't done everything) and expanded a part of it outwards so it wouldn't be completely flat and boring. I also made the bridge part of the tower, with more interior work to go.

The bottom, top, and sides of the bridge have been rounded with edges (they used to be completely flat)

Both bridges (I am going to redo the bottom rounding part of the bridges)

A glimpse at the interior of the bridge

Top view of the ship (The part that extends outwards close to the front of the ship is some of the work i did. It used to be completely straight from the front to close to the back)
    [Edit: realized that the line above was incomplete]

I will start work on the main hangar of the ship soon.
    Until next time.
    -awesome270

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Progress Update #3: Hangar Construction

Hello once again with another Venator update. I was busy with the main hangar when i realized i couldn't effectively fit ARC-170s into the hangars along the landing strip. I decided I would build the other hangars that are on the sides of the ship. Each hangar can hold up to a total of 24 ARC-170 starfighters with a total load of 48 with the two put together. The hangar floor/ tarmac/ whatamacallit consists of the same pattern that I used for my main hangar.

Looking from inside the hangar to out

A close up view of four of the docks

Looking from the end of the hangar to the front

Looking from the outside in (don't worry I will wedge the ice crystals. And that post in the middle is to mark the center of the door and I will remove it later)

As you may have noticed the top of the hangar is plain with no detail added. I will add more detail at a later date along with a door to actually get in (what people can teleport right? RIGHT?)

I am currently modifying the main hangar and the bottom access door to better allow for the ship to function.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I just brought my Venator WIP to the NFD build server. The server is thankfully doing quite well with the load and I have it docked to a 'station' (or rather a rail basic and a faction module)
    Thanks FlyingDebris for having a kickass server so that I can reduce the load on my computer with. Hopefully I won't crash as much

Reactions: Peekie30
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Oh i forgot about that, i thought it was the consular because of the 3 engines like that, i didn't remember the arquitens.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeh me and Obi are assembling it on NFD Build. :D