Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ugh. Disabling blueprints will not prevent so-called 'OP ships' as they aren't anything inherently special; you can just as easily build an 'OP ship' on the server as in single-player or some build server. What it will prevent, is the use of good-looking ship designs that people have in some cases poured literal months into creating. If ugly and 'OP' (I cringe at the use of that term) ships are what you want on this server, though, I suppose it's alright to disable blueprint uploads.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Completely agreed with Ithirahad there. What takes the most time out of a build, isn't the systems. I can make an OP doombrick with all the shenanigans (docked armor with defensive effects, logic chaindrive, self-powered turrets, badass systems) in one day. To turn that OP doombrick into a detailed, nice looking RP-worthy warship with a full interior that would let me look into a mirror without feeling ashamed after flying it, would take weeks, or months depending on its size. But that's all detailing. THE EXACT THING YOU DON'T DO ON A NO-BP SURVIVAL SERVER. But oh well, the staff has spoken. They'll learn. And you can easily disprove me: just go take a good look around and show us the screenshots of the beautiful things your community has built from scratch over there. Cheers.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And you can easily disprove me: just go take a good look around and show us the screenshots of the beautiful things your community has built from scratch over there. Cheers.
    Nah, they can't even disprove you. If they can find some cool things people built, for every one or two they can find there're like 75 beautiful things that aren't on the server because of poor planning and decision making on their part.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I bet I can slap together an OP ship in nano seconds.

It will look ugly
    It will work
    It will genocide this server with ease

Inb4 banned because OP ship is entirely subjective.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I bet I can slap together an OP ship in nano seconds.

It will look ugly
    It will work
    It will genocide this server with ease

Inb4 banned because OP ship is entirely subjective.
    Not nano seconds maybe, but if there are people I know for certain can build ships that are disgustingly strong, Mortiferum is definitely one of them.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    hey sentinel 101 I was in a group called UEG and for some reason I'm not in it and I'm the founder is there any way you guys could fix that

Reaction score
    Can't connect since +5 hours or so. Seems to be a server issue because I can connect to other servers without problem.
    Also reinstalled the game - changed nothing.

€dit:
    Seems like the server is wrecked. Still showing 15/1024 players.

Last edited:

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why are blueprints disabled?
    Rebuilding ships over again is not fun, might as well make bricks.

Is this what the server encourage?
    Basicly. Staff declared that finely detailed and tuned blueprinted ships and bases are OP and unfair to newbies so if you want to have a detailed ship or base with full interior, that would cost a month to build on creative mode, you'll have to rebuild it again block by block WHILE grinding the resources for it. Because it apparently makes sense. So yea. Might as well make bricks.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Non

Reaction score
    I cant spawn in on the server. I hit the spawn button and get stuck orbiting.
    I have tried clearing cache, updating java and drivers. I had also thought that it might be something in my sector, but i could not spawn under a different name either.
    Please help.

Non

Reaction score
    Ikindacrashalot of faction rome raiders is spawn killing people

Reaction score
    I've been playing on here for a few days now, noticing some connection problems recently. Is the server okay?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been playing on here for a few days now, noticing some connection problems recently. Is the server okay?
    The server is okay but sometimes when players join it can effect the server if their connection isn't very good and can cause lag as they attempt to load the server, there are quite a few connection related bugs like that, but don't worry should the server go down just report to the admin staff on The Sentinel Alliance Mumble server or on The Sentinel Alliance website

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    hey I need help on getting back into my faction that I made all my ships are locked up on it so if you can get me back on UEG so if you can help me get that all back I would be very thankful

Reaction score
    well I was interested in playing here when i saw they redacted the original no blueprint thingie, then.... well.. re-redacted it again hehe.

Alternatively: have you considered limiting players to 1 or 2 uploaded ships under a certain mass size? That way they could bring a medium ship or two, but if they wanted a big OP ship they'd then have to build it on the server? Yeah it might.... make moderation slghtly more annoying and time consuming, but it would appeal to a lot of folks who are proud of their own designs and like to bring one or two with them, or who suck at building ships and would like to cruise around in something that works. Just a "compromise" idea.

G

GDPR 302420

Why are blueprints disabled?
    Rebuilding ships over again is not fun, might as well make bricks.

Is this what the server encourage?
    Sure seems like it, whenever intentional or not. TSA seems to encourage bricks and ships that are painfull to look at.

Take less time and less resources to build while still able to be "overpowered"

If they want to disable BPs then they can, but the reasons they state as to why they did are not valid, disabling BP uploads won't shop "overpowered" ships.

Disallowing BP uploads ultimately causes ships on the server to look like absolute ass because those things take a decent amount of time to build in creative mode, and tsa expects people to do that with limited resources and re-build said ship every time it gets destroyed? Tedious, unfun and serves no purpose. People are not gonna build pretty under these conditions, its all gonna be Joelbrisco styled doom cubes at the very best.

But at the end of the day, the server admins have the final say being the admins. If you don't like it, you can simply not play there. If you want others to know about how bad/good this server in, make a post in the general subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.