The Revival Project... (AKA. "Calling all Crew Members...")

Reaction score
    Hi I'm LDHolliday on Reddit and this is a copy and paste of my post from Reddit! I hope you guys enjoy it here too!

UPDATE 10/2/15 : We have gained 2 more Crew Members as of this morning! We are totalling at 6 now and are absolutely accepting more! Because this is a massive ship, and is being done in survival we really do need alot of people! Resource collectors / crewman are imperative! I'll be posting this now to the forums and will have daily Change logs as well as the first episode will go up over the weekend! Thanks everyone for your support! Those of you are who are joining, please download Hamachi and Teamspeak 3. Both are free programs!

UPDATE 10/1/15 : We've acquired two new Crew members and are definitely looking for more! Work won't officially start until this weekend and we'll always accept new guys! We also decided that a youtube series will be released on this! Thanks everyone for the support!

---------------------------

Me and a few friends have decided that we wish to fully crew a massive starship, at which point we will update and explore the galaxy with in full survival mode. There's three of us currently and we will most likely need a team of 6 or more to bare a minimum crew.

The Project: We are starting ourselves out with an extremely old Rendili Industry Hammer Head Class Cruiser from the old Republic Era of Star Wars. This ship is extremely large, but also extremely old and needs major overhauling. I estimate the time of this overhaul taking at least a few days of work / a week or more. ( http://starmadedock.net/content/hammerhead-class-cruiser-rendili-hyperworks.1149/ ) This ship was built over a year ago in game and is SIGNIFICANTLY outdated and currently nonoperational at multiple levels. The project will be done entirely by hand and we must earn the credits and materials.

First Goal : Assess Operational Ability [Completed]

Second Goal : Begin expansion of Engineering systems. (Creation of engineer Walkways/access points, Engine Access, Core Access, Weapons system access, Escape pod access.) ** [ Underway ] **

Third Goal: Begin re-confguring base weapons systems. (Re-Engineering laser systems, re-engineering missile systems, adding defense systems. Updating and configuring current turret hardpoints.)

Fourth Goal : Interior Functionality Overhaul. (Autonomize doors, update hangar bays, expand crew quarters / med bay / control room.)

Fifth Goal : Exterior Functionality Overhaul. (Autonomize exterior systems, overhaul docking bay, overhaul storage bays, overhaul schemes, overhaul placements, implement needed rail systems.)
    -----------------------------
    Once all these goals are completed, as previously stated we plan to crew and use the ship. Exploring and moving through the galaxy, repairing the ship and maintaining will be our biggest issue. We do plan to downgrade it's capabilities somewhat significantly as it is
    "OP as fuck " To put it gently. If anyone wishes to join up please post a comment as Joining to encourage others to, and then send me a message with the best way to contact you! Preferably Steam or Skype!

Reactions: kiraen and hzzzln
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you say 'by hand' are you meaning no build mode? Or just no creative?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This sounds like fun, but I have a few more questions.

I'm more interested in being a resource collector.
    Are there any plans for a factory station? Or is it going to be planet based?
    Why is hamachi needed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This sounds like fun, Im keen on joining. Im -=Sythian=- on steam

Reaction score
    This sounds like fun, but I have a few more questions.

I'm more interested in being a resource collector.
    Are there any plans for a factory station? Or is it going to be planet based?
    Why is hamachi needed?
    A resource collector would be great, in terms of a factory station, we never even considered the thought but now sounds like a good idea. Planetary base may come later when crew members have personal ships / items.
    Hamachi is needed because the server is currently run privately from my box and I plan on getting a server to run it permanently.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Still don't understand the need for hamachi, but you can find me on steam. Name to the left :)
    Joining.