The Rebel Alliance wants YOU!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The server will be up and running in almost a week. There have been plans set for the Rebel Alliance Space Station that will be built by halo_alex and I and a Ship Construction Station that will be built by the Minister of Industry.

One of our engineers, Ethgar, is currently participating a lot into his time for this server. He has created multiple ships by now, and is also currently focusing in on research for the main enemy of the Rebel Alliance, the Empire. The Empire(replacing the pirates) will not have anyone join their faction. After all, this is the Rebel Alliance\'s server.

As for war with the other factions, I allow. If they proclaim war instead of peace, they will get what they wish. Maybe we can have an alliance, but fight for entertainment and also to test our ships. Please ask any questions concerning this report.

~ObiShawnKenobi

Galactic Commander

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello everyone,

Ethgar here, our resident engineer. If any of you have any ship designs that your wondering if we can use and what not, feel free to send them my way and I will look at them, offer my suggestions, etc........Make sure to include shield, power, laser strength, missles if they have them, recharge rates, blocks, etc, etc.........anything to give us an idea of what it has.

When I look at it and toss my suggestions, I will leave it up to you to decide if you would like to use them or not. I only offer them as helpful ideas of what I might do. Keep in mind, that I can guarantee not every fighter was similar, even though they looked like it. :)

Once you either say you\'d like to keep as is, or make the changes, I will send it on to Bananakingy for the final approval. If he gives it the go ahead, we will go ahead and implement it in the fleet. Keep in mind, if your in another ministry and you have a design and want to submit it, feel free too!! Just make sure your keeping up on your job as well. Those of you who do want to submit ships, feel free to do some imperial ones too!!! I\'ve got a big job on my hands doing both sides now (Not complaining, as I love doing this kind of stuff), but wouldn\'t mind the help. :D

Any questions, feel free to PM me, or leave a message on the faction page!!

Thanks everyone!

Ethgar

Reaction score
    Hey Ethgar, any chance you could post the top speeds and weapon damage/reload numbers of those ships you\'re building so I can design something balanced in comparison to them ;-)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Y-Wing

Thrust: 72

Lasers: Dmg 67 Speed 22 Reload 530

Missles: Dmg 195 Reload 26

A-Wing

Thrust: 93

Lasers: Dmg 101 Speed 25/26

Missles: Dmg 100 Reload 63

Reaction score
    Ethgar, I found a wikpedia page that could prove very useful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_spacecraft This has a list of a lot of spacecraft, that you can search up later for pictures.

Thanks

-Borealis

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Today, halo_alex and I have made the first Corellian Corvette. I accidentally had a miscalculation, and there is an extra 10 length block to it. I\'m pretty sure that the length of the ship is about 130 blocks. It has 10 turrets currently equipped. I have no picture, so everyone will see it when the server is up.

Minister of Industry,

I\'m counting on you to make exact calculations of these ships. I have two docking modules that I\'m planning on using for two escape pods. You need to add those for me and make multiple ships. I will give a blueprint to all of you. Also, you must know that for capital ships, the scale is 1 block per meter. For starfighters (currently Ethgar\'s designing them), they will have a scale of 2 blocks per meter.

I\'m hoping the server will be up around Monday or Tuesday. I will let everyone know when it is ready.

~ObiShawnKenobi

Galactic Commander

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Obi,

I have solid info on getting the pirates into our enemy the empire. When the server goes live, I will show you/provide the info how. Tie, and interceptor are made, bomber will be by tonight. I will be starting to design the empires first large sized fighter soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a isd 1 that\'s outside is done all you need to do is put in your systems and the turrets

you will have to redo the weapons and engines then all you need to do is add shields and power

(the reason i can\'t finish it is that it is so big that my computer has problems with fps so)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How long is your Star Destroyer? Is it around 1,200 blocks in length? Are you definitely with the Rebel Alliance?

Reaction score
    +1 for the wookiepedia, nice info I\'m using for imperial scenario ships, copying ethgar\'s scale of 2 blocks/meter. Just need to balance the thrust and weapons out now but first scenario ship (Action VI transport) is nearly complete.

A9-Vigilance Interceptor completed but think I might leave it in preference of tie fighters (more iconic and will add to the atmosphere a bit better).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    the correlians had centerpoint station bro.

one shot=the entire rebel fleet heavily damaged and most ships knocked out of commission. (shows how good mon cal ships are.)

Reaction score
    I have a MASSIVE Cruiser (Not SW Themed sorry) and would like to join as a member for the ministry of patrol. I have moderate building skill but a lot of sprit and my piloting skill for large ships that steer like cows is unmatched!

Reaction score
    You do know that even if you start off with a cruiser design, you can\'t get a massive ship right then. You have to work your way up the ranks.

Also, in desperate cases, will the ministry of industry have to fight?

Reaction score
    I thought if we have a base, what would it be like? Would it be on hoth, or yavin, or endor?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe if we build a base for mining ops, I don\'t know if we are going to name them anything, or if Obi has an idea for that (I\'m sure he does though). Of course if we do, it makes it that much more authentic.

For ships, we have found out that this is the scaling we are going to use. Keep in mind, if you\'ve built a larger ship at 2:1, then so be it. We do not want you to have to re-do the work. But these are going to be the scales.

0-30ish meters: (Basically any fighter type class of ship) 2 blocks= 1 metere.

30ish + : Go for a 1:1 scale. Now, as your building it 1:1 or designing it and you realize that you just can\'t capture recognizable features or it\'s just not turning out right, please contact obi, bananakingy, or even myself (Only contact me if you just can\'t get a reply from them as I do not want to overstep banana\'s job) to get permission to do it. As we want to stay within the boundaries and size restraints of each ship making them look as representful as we can.

Any other questions, feel free to keep posting them. Even if it\'s a minor question. By doing this, it makes us as a faction use more teamwork, and will make us better overall.