The Nova Fleet Dynamics Starmade Triathlon! (Competition)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looking forward to the next triathlon, This was a fun experience and taught me some things about pvp. Like how bad I am in fighters. xD
    I will be taking some inspiration from the ships I saw in the competition I must say all of them were great and I got some ideas for turrets and the like.

Sadly thanks to my computer I was only able to get a decent recording of the fighter battle, but if anyone would like to see my pov here it is :
    Thanks for hosting such a fun event NFD
    p.s. not going to lie sometimes i look at your faction insignia and think its a swagstica but maybe thats just me

Reactions: Lecic

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I could not move and turn fast enough to get out of the way of your guns. Having more power from docked reactors is the way to go form both a weapons and thrust standpoint. My ship was crippled long before it overheated so having more anti-hull weaponry might not be all that important.

Lots of fun and a good learning experience
    Hmmm, was the movement because of computer issues, or was it not engineered to fight in that way? Might be an interesting thing to think about

And I figured as such given the low DPS hitting my shields from your direction...

But yeah, those reactors were giving my ship a total power regen of... 4.4 million e/s on a 200k block, 27k mass ship (Layered advanced armour included.)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444155710,1444152287][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah on my screen it showed I had already destroyed half your ship.
    Sadly something came up and I couldn't finish the fight for red team sorry!
    Really? On my end I was barely taking any damage, my shields were only chinked at the end. Most of the damage you were doing went straight into my Docked Power Injectors judging by the ship layout and empty space there... I didnt receive any Warnings about Thrust, power, or Regen, so there wasnt sufficient damage to register systems malfunction.

Is it possible you were looking at one of my Injectors HP? You got them pretty good. Its possible, though, that you were and the should be mentioned to Schine about this discrepancy

...Though, Those rockhoppers didnt seem TOO effective... Though, Im not inclined to say they need an upgrade :P I could potentially face them in the future :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hmmm, was the movement because of computer issues, or was it not engineered to fight in that way? Might be an interesting thing to think about

And I figured as such given the low DPS hitting my shields from your direction...

But yeah, those reactors were giving my ship a total power regen of... 4.4 million e/s on a 200k block, 27k mass ship (Layered advanced armour included.)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444155710,1444152287][/DOUBLEPOST]

Really? On my end I was barely taking any damage, my shields were only chinked at the end. Most of the damage you were doing went straight into my Docked Power Injectors judging by the ship layout and empty space there... I didnt receive any Warnings about Thrust, power, or Regen, so there wasnt sufficient damage to register systems malfunction.

Is it possible you were looking at one of my Injectors HP? You got them pretty good. Its possible, though, that you were and the should be mentioned to Schine about this discrepancy

...Though, Those rockhoppers didnt seem TOO effective... Though, Im not inclined to say they need an upgrade :p I could potentially face them in the future :p
    They do in fact need an upgrade :P
    We haven't refit them in a few months.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Aye, the Rockhoppers were pretty good considering their low power regen. Some nice hull damage output on them.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    It was not engineered to fight that way I had no computer issues. Clearly having a better thrust to mass ratio can keep you out of that line of fire of another ship or keep you on target.

My ship only had about 1.6 million e/sec in recharge I could only do so much damage and still be able to use thrust and use passive pierce. I am currently refitting the White Knight with more reactors.

Power in e/sec is very important. with over 4 million in e/sec you could deal close to three times the damage and have better maneuverability. Clearly it is important

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Havent watched most of the streams but the first posted. Gotta say the fighter battle was quite silly, all those missiles going everywhere, doing not-much. Still, that shows what sort of fighters don't work very well in open space combat: unguided missile boats.

Couldn't actually spot where the turrets were supposed to be...

Also, nice Abaddon clone for blue team in the NFD Event video. Such a beautiful ship, I keep going back to that design as well!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Havent watched most of the streams but the first posted. Gotta say the fighter battle was quite silly, all those missiles going everywhere, doing not-much. Still, that shows what sort of fighters don't work very well in open space combat: unguided missile boats.

Also, nice Abaddon clone for blue team in the NFD Event video. Such a beautiful ship, I keep going back to that design as well!
    All the missiles flying around doing very little were because we said that dumb fires were the only type of missile allowed.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    All the missiles flying around doing very little were because we said that dumb fires were the only type of missile allowed.
    The missiles were doing substantially more damage than the cannons were despite that.

The only "good" weapons on fighters are moderate alpha damage beams, it seems. :|

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How large were the cannons on those few fighters that used them? Were they supposed to be secondary to the missiles on the same craft? I honestly didn't see many that used them.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    That got dropped. I think it was because the turrets gave a pretty good advantage to one side.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    How large were the cannons on those few fighters that used them? Were they supposed to be secondary to the missiles on the same craft? I honestly didn't see many that used them.
    No. My fighters had primary weapon cannons and did absolutely *nothing* to the enemy ships, despite destroying some small amount of blocks every so often. The machineguns were putting out 5000 DPS, for reference.

Dumbfire missiles would have made short work of the enemies.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No. My fighters had primary weapon cannons and did absolutely *nothing* to the enemy ships, despite destroying some small amount of blocks every so often. The machineguns were putting out 5000 DPS, for reference.

Dumbfire missiles would have made short work of the enemies.
    I was also using a cannon/cannon primary during the fight. As far as I could tell, I was absolutely shredding your ship. Either way the guns on the Trident Industries fighter that I was flying were really effective.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I was also using a cannon/cannon primary during the fight. As far as I could tell, I was absolutely shredding your ship. Either way the guns on the Trident Industries fighter that I was flying were really effective.
    Ship design has a lot to do with it. Trident's fighters are extremely flat, so even if you kill armor, you're just going to have to kill more of it. My own ship was not designed to tank shots, since it was made back a short while after the weapons update came out.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    CNY LRV called OP Uber Tank.

Then what will CNY LAT be called? :cool:

Is the main weapon system separated from the driver and needs 2+ people to be manned effectively?
    Is it balanced to the basic laser rifle?
    Does it lack enough thrusters to not be able to hover or lift off if you hold E?
    if yes, then you have something that is balanced and looks awesome dude! have a +1 :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Is the main weapon system separated from the driver and needs 2+ people to be manned effectively?
    Is it balanced to the basic laser rifle?
    Does it lack enough thrusters to not be able to hover or lift off if you hold E?
    if yes, then you have something that is balanced and looks awesome dude! have a +1 :)
    Your puny pistol is no match for this tank. It's impervious to hand held weaponry just like a real tank.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Your puny pistol is no match for this tank. It's impervious to hand held weaponry just like a real tank.
    But then it doesn't really belong in an arcade style organized match now does it? Maybe as a super boss where you have 10 people vs 2 in this tank, but on the standard battlefield, it probably just wouldn't do. Throws 'balance' out of wack.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    But then it doesn't really belong in an arcade style organized match now does it? Maybe as a super boss where you have 10 people vs 2 in this tank, but on the standard battlefield, it probably just wouldn't do. Throws 'balance' out of wack.
    CNY vehicles are built for when we have actual warfare on planets rather than events. That's why they are OP to eventers.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    CNY vehicles are built for when we have actual warfare on planets rather than events. That's why they are OP to eventers.
    Sorry, you posted it in the event thread, so I assumed that you wanted to receive feedback and comments on its potential and future use in further events. My bad, but could I ask that you use a disclaimer, or post it in a different thread, next time? That would clear up any potential confusion in the future.
    Thanks.