The New Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    Another package from Corporate. This one came with a note saying: "Fix the upper armor cowling and you may continue to exist".

Haha! Such kidders. Seriously, though, I need to have that fixed.

Pretty hefty. Looks like an anti-capital turret.

Actually....Yeah. I've got a good idea how to pretty that up something fierce. I will consult with the Fleetworking Abominations and have the Lesser Fleetworking Cloaca appropriately bio-engineered.

Reaction score
    Whew! We got that turret fixed up and, boy, am I glad they didn't make me watch as they dropped my primary cognition arrays into a vat of candlewax and bees again.

Here's what it looks like now. Shouldn't need to make too many changes to it.

And this:

And, for those of you who think numbers are important, I pulled these out of the weapons system's primary maths depot:

Those! Times two, of course. A bit weaker individually than the single long-barrels on the old Nocturne but you DO get two of them per turret now. Shields are rated at, like, 100+K, so they're quite a bit tougher as well. Haha. Listen to me going on like I know what any of that means.

Now, why is this done before the ship it will be attached to? Because it's easier to design turret mounts on the primary hull if the Fleetworking Abominations know what the final turret dimensions are.

We're gonna try to put four of these on there, by the way. Hopefully, they won't achieve sentience and fly off to form a machine collective like the old 3-shooters did.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So you don't end up in you Kiosk of Weeping, I'm gonna go ahead and comment.

Good job! That turret is quite epic. Pretty hefty looking, actually - and sounding, going by the stats you've listed.

I might have to make something similar soon, unfortunately turrets have never been my strong suit :/

Reaction score
    So you don't end up in you Kiosk of Weeping, I'm gonna go ahead and comment.

Good job! That turret is quite epic. Pretty hefty looking, actually - and sounding, going by the stats you've listed.

I might have to make something similar soon, unfortunately turrets have never been my strong suit :/

Steal mine. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Now, why is this done before the ship it will be attached to? Because it's easier to design turret mounts on the primary hull if the Fleetworking Abominations know what the final turret dimensions are.
    Yea good idea. I made this mistake on the last bigish ship i made, didnt fit all the turrets i wanted on it :(

Reaction score
    Will you be putting the old ships up for download somewhere now that you have them, or make MKII versions of all of them like this incredible Dirge MKII?

Reaction score
    Will you be putting the old ships up for download somewhere now that you have them, or make MKII versions of all of them like this incredible Dirge MKII?
    Well, the plan is to create new hulls to replace the old ones. The only replacements Corporate has slated as being "Sure things" are the Dirge MkII, which replaces the older Dirge MkI and Dissonance hulls, the Nocturne Mk II, which replaces the older Nocturne MkI and Hymn-class destroyer hulls, and the Bolero MkII, which replaces its MkI counterpart. We MIGHT be convinced to release the original hulls, but the maintenance involved in keeping them all up to date is a huge pain in my wholly unnecessary defecation motivators, so expect them to become more and more broken as the game updates.

Not all the original catalog designs are getting an update, though the contest winners will, we hope, be willing to take a crack at helping me update their ships. Given that there are only so many musically-inspired names to draw from, it's not unreasonable to expect new designs with reused names, though they may not be direct descendants of the original.

Additionally:

When the new weapons update rolls out, expect a new revision of the Dirge MkII that takes advantage of it, along with a few minor corrections to the hull. We're looking at cannons for the defensive turrets and heavy beams for the primary anti-capital armament. For now, VFW vessels will likely fire PURPLE STUFF at their enemies because that is RATHER PIMP.

We are, as always, open to suggestions and accusations of fiscal and marital infedelity.

Reaction score
    the disconacence and hymn too? i like them kind of as, i have your entere old catolog vec, if you want i could up load them, there not up to date, i don't run into any major, when useing them, but the wepons are a little week.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To get around the issue of having to update old ships, you can allways hollow out the older ships and sell them as "do it yourself" shells.

Reaction score
    the disconacence and hymn too? i like them kind of as, i have your entere old catolog vec, if you want i could up load them, there not up to date, i don't run into any major, when useing them, but the wepons are a little week.
    I did, too, and I learned a lot from building them. I just don't want to update them anymore. One hull per class is fine for now, otherwise I'll get burned out again and need another 6 month hiatus so I can stop screaming in terror whenever I am confronted with blocks and any kind of open space.

If you have 'em, I could definitely use copies, though. Just PM me a link to the .sment files and I will reward you (or someone else) handsomely.

To get around the issue of having to update old ships, you can allways hollow out the older ships and sell them as "do it yourself" shells.
    That's not a bad idea. I'll consider that.

Remember, folks, there's just one of me and I've got a six month old baby (that walks as of yesterday) that requires a lot of attention. I can only build in short spurts throughout the day. I don't have the time I used to, so please bear with me.

Reaction score
    It's been a quite couple of days, but rest assured noble money-containers, that we are still hard at work! Cybertooth has sent me a fantastic hull concept and we're working on cranking out a corvette.

I also had an interview for a meat-people job today that went well. Much time went into preparing our filthy, failure-ridden exterior for this occasion!

Reaction score
    I got a for-reals job as a Professional Employedsman, which has converted my broad swaths of free time into employedstime. I am still Fleetworking, but don't have much to show off at the moment. Don't worry, we'll keep you posted.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    don't care much 'bout starmade, you family and your new job has priorities ;)
    But if you find any time for fleetworking, feel free to let us have a look into your shipyard ;D

Reaction score
    Whew! We got that turret fixed up and, boy, am I glad they didn't make me watch as they dropped my primary cognition arrays into a vat of candlewax and bees again.

Here's what it looks like now. Shouldn't need to make too many changes to it.

And this:

And, for those of you who think numbers are important, I pulled these out of the weapons system's primary maths depot:

Those! Times two, of course. A bit weaker individually than the single long-barrels on the old Nocturne but you DO get two of them per turret now. Shields are rated at, like, 100+K, so they're quite a bit tougher as well. Haha. Listen to me going on like I know what any of that means.

We're gonna try to put four of these on there, by the way. Hopefully, they won't achieve sentience and fly off to form a machine collective like the old 3-shooters did.
    ooo whats this a new amazing ship vec how could you :P. well... this is going to be fun to mess around with :D. weapons look promising like always :D. and keep up the great work :).