Did you ever build it?

• Total voters

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    What was the first thing you wanted to build in Starmade and did you ever succeed?

For me the answer is No but I'll do it some day... when the credit limit is higher.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    my starfleet shuttlecraft was the first thing I built, and I still use it on every starship I build :)

Reaction score
    Cloakable miner, greatest first build I could think of.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A gigantic titan, actually the first thing I started building outside of the tutorial. Did I succeed? Well... I'm still building it :P

Reaction score
    When I first started out I mostly winged it and built whatever, but the first thing I wanted to build from a show/movie was the USS Enterprise (Like I'm sure most people did) TOS Enterprise to be specific, but I never got around to it and I never actually attempted anything Star Trek-style until really recently, not sure why that is since I've been playing on and off for what seems like a couple of years now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The Romanov Cruiser, inspired by a submarine. It didn't turn out as good as i wanted it to mainly because I didn't understand the systems in place as well back then but if I redid it now it would be fine.
    Only problem is I built it on a multiplayer server which died a long time ago so I don't have the original blueprintsanymore

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I realized that my idea was too dumb. As my abilities as a builder have developed, My idea of what I've wanted to build has changed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I wanted to build every (yes every) ship from Star Wars. I got bored of it when I finished the Vader's and the normal Tie fighter :P

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    the first thing i wanted to build in Starmade was Venator star destroyer,i still remember the struggle while building it(until i realised there is symmetry mode,DERP) but i finished it :) and thus i started my youtube channel with that one

Reaction score
    I remember trying to build a Rhineland cruiser from the PC game Freelancer, ended up finishing the front half of the ship before messing up my game somehow and loosing the blueprint. Ended up not picking it back up..

Reaction score
    A Starfury (Babylon 5)... it was terrible :)
    Eh, I like it, it's pretty good considering how hard it is to make a small ship like that out of squares.

I tried making a Thunderbolt once, needless to say it put me off building anything for a while because it was so hideous. lol

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I wanted to build a "small battleship." The first version was 15 blocks long and had no shields because I didn't know about them yet. It had a crappy trident AMC setup, some crappy missiles that would barely go anywhere, because I made it when missiles' speeds were absolute garbage, and it looked like a fat narwhal.

The second version was actually ok. It had improved guns, actually useful missiles, shields, and it even had 3 turrets. It was maybe 50 blocks long and didn't look like a narwhal anymore.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Vulcan D'kyr class Cruiser, from ST: Enterprise, which ironically enough I had never watched, I had just seen the ship on Memory Alpha and loved it. I built the original Aethi runabout, the Karas-Tlen class, after its design, but ended up never scaling it up... And when I gave up on the Arai-Torok-class, its mother ship, in favor of a newer corvette and frigate (Kalen-Miris-class and Eser-Kalan-class respectively, the latter of which will be refitted when I get home) the runabout fell out of use entirely in favor of various versions of my shuttle and a new overdrive runabout I created a while ago. And unfortunately, though I always meant to get back to making a D'kyr, I now doubt that I ever will. So.. Meh. :/

EDIT: Just realized, the Karas-Tlen wasn't my first legitimate ship by any means; I in fact created a shuttle out of gray hull and system blocks, but that disappeared (for the better) with the server I used to play on,

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Arwing (typical of me). It was about the same size as an actual Arwing. It was great for it's size, but so many people build really large ships. I mean, I beat Isanths with a really small ship (granted, Isanths are terrible). I tried to upload a picture, but there was apparently a problem. :(

Reaction score
    My first planned build was a stealth missile cruiser, and I'm currently refitting it due to the recent updates. I think it turned out decently, in both aesthetics and function.

Reaction score
    my starfleet shuttlecraft was the first thing I built, and I still use it on every starship I build :)
    I vote agree because mine was the exact same thing. Not the first thing I built though, I needed to get some resources. Or was it? I honestly forget, it was such a small minimalist shuttle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    that :

the friend who introduced me to the game chalenged me to do it

now i have a providence class destroyer and a victory class destroyer to finish then i'll stop doing 1 km ships

Reactions: Ithirahad