The EE2 Project

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So we all know that the old EE is gone...

Lets lay out some basics. After EE was shut down due to a lack of $ Gravypod gave me the rights to EE and everything associated with it. I am restarting the once great community and I'm here to start asking for your help to resurrect the all time best PVP server in SM.

Goal: To Create the Ultimate No-Limits Faction PVP server.

Past Problems:

In the past EE was constantly plauged with the question of how to balance donation perks with regular players. What is planning to happen is that the price of the infamous "Donor Teleport" will drop to 5$. BUT it will be a monthly subscription. This is to help offset the costs of running the server as well as pay for future upgrades to the box.

Another past problem of EE was that the admin team always rented the server. Which dramatically increased costs but also allowed EE to grow at a much more volitile pace without dealing with performance setbacks. This however caused the price of maintaining the server to skyrocket as a decent server configured for SM is quite expensive. We have resolved this issue by Purchasing (Me) a decent server that will be able to handle the community that EE is used too. For specs please PM me.

Another issue in EE as a whole was its secluded group. With the custom ship configs it made portability of faction's fleets into EE and out of EE difficult and painful. We are going back to a more vanilla ship construction config but will be tweaking certain things (Damage) to ensure compatibility of ALL ships made on other servers to go to this one.

Changes:
    Now for the fun part of the changes to EE.

1st and Most importantly. A new Faction Config system will be tested and debut on EE. In the past factions are limited by the amount of territory they can hold by the number of members they have. Now we are encouraging people to be more active by making Members COST Faction points and Territory GAINING points. So the more territory your faction has. The more members you can have in your faction. This helps promote stability in the factions and encourages new players to join established factions and learn the game. You will still be able to play solo and be perfectly fine.

This also makes the possibility of real territorial disputes a very possible thing. And with that the possibility of true wars against factions. You will be spending resources not only on your ships. But to defend your control points.

We will be having a slower than what EE is used to Jump Drive but will be making Warp Gates incredibly cheap to operate and expanding their range.

Tentative Rules:
    1. Don't be a dick
    2. Admins are in charge
    3. The only size limit is what breaks the server
    4. No Planet Mining unless the planet is blown up.
    5. When in doubt refer to Rules 1-4.

What we have done:
    We have a box that has 56 GB of ram and about 350-375Gb of usable HD space and Dual Hex Core Xeons.
    Faction Configs have been rewritten.
    System Configs have been written.
    Box has been stress tested to ensure stability.

What still needs done:
    Spawn needs constructed.
    Server Box needs sent to a co-location facility.
    Donor perks system needs changed over
    New Faction Configs need tested

Future plans: (Bold being Urgent)
    Upgrade to Large Capacity SSDs. (620$ USD)

Reintroduce Voting perks.
    Website needs rewritten.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm just curious what'd you change to flip the costs around for players in factions and their systems they control? o_O

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Good job ND! Give me a call, Ryan and I want to go to the range in PA.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Curious about balance changes, when can you shed more light on what is changing?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    1. We will be building our own spawn. Something deserving of the history of EE and the community.

2. For now our changes to the Faction Config will be secret. Until we can publish a fully tested and balanced model of it.

3. Gravy I need to find a good range for us all to meet at... Then we'll blow some shit up.

4. BDLS I can answer specific questions. Not general right now. What are you looking for in terms of answers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just curious if there will be a FAQ detailing all the changes from vanilla. I'm kind of wary of server configs that get too custom with weapon balance, so existing ships built in SP dont work out. I know you said they would work, but it's nice to know the details of the changes.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Basically I'm cutting damage by a certain factor. We will see how much but overall the issue will be just to keep weapon damages from the megatitans in an amount that won't break the server.

Other configs will just be jump drive range, warpgate power, warpgate range, and of course factions

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Question 1: What will the average mass be on pirates?
    Question 2: Will you have mining bonuses?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Question: Can you disclose what values you have/will change for jump drives? I've put a decent amount of work into calculators regarding such systems, and would like to see if I can make them compatible with your upcoming config as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Will their be rules to the "donor teleport"?

I can remember multiple times on the old EE where people abused it to teleport away when in danger, or instantly teleport across the galaxy with a large ship to harrass people and teleport back home safely, even though doing things like that was forbidden.

It was extremely irritating.

Probably even more so now that we have jump inhibitors, and even when using them to prevent somebody from escaping, they can potentially just stick their tongue out going "NYA NYA CANT GET ME!" and teleporting away.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    AceFace: Pirates have yet to be designed I personally like big pirates but when the server first starts up I am not going to be having monster pirates, Also Yes we will have Mining bonuses... Increased Faction territory bonuses AND general bonuses.

Helios: We are not changing the vanilla % of needed jump drives. We are just changing range.

Crunk: There will be rules. Also the "New" Donor Teleport will have some disadvantages. Yes it is able to escape a warp inhibitor BUT it'll take 2 minutes and 30 seconds (subject to change) for the drive to activate. Also no matter the distance jumped there will be a minimum of a 25-30 minute cooldown on its use. If you can force someone out of the sector the Donor Teleport will dissengage

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thanks for the quick reply donut,
    Another question:
    Will admins (including their alts) be playing survival as well?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes. Admins will be playing survival.

The tentative Idea right now is (not concrete yet) as part of being an admin Each Admin will be given 1 "Admin Ship" of their own design that they can use in game. BUT if they lose that admin ship they have to build it in survival. I am not sure how much I like this idea so it may go away...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If you can force someone out of the sector the Donor Teleport will dissengage
    Push weapons are the Donor TP Inhibitors? :P

Will you be using the world border mod to prevent people from going really far away and claiming a huge amount of territory so they can try and play the game "normally" as the game currently runs?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    What I will be doing it making it so territory super far away from your Homebase doesn't give you any faction points. Also remember you have to defend all this territory... cause if you don't a devious player could go through and pop your stations if they're not defended properly.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Can you turn the world border mod on anyways because people flying to another galaxy and just sandboxing around is equally silly in nature

Last edited by a moderator:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Can you turn the world border mod on anyways because people flying to another galaxy and just sandboxing around is equally silly in nature
    I support this. I think the server operating with a big, yet only and sole galaxy would be nice for disputes (increases how valuable a territory is), and also, it will have to store less data (when you expand, the server needs to generate new data all around, making things heavier)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I support this. I think the server operating with a big, yet only and sole galaxy would be nice for disputes (increases how valuable a territory is), and also, it will have to store less data (when you expand, the server needs to generate new data all around, making things heavier)
    I'd support it if you have at least 4 galaxies available, as space would disappear quickly.

My ideal number would be 8 galaxies.