The Dominion

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Quick preview of a Jem'hadar Battle cruiser

That was taken about a week ago, Its more complete now But still alot to do with it.

Also note all Star trek related ships are built in a 1:1 scale

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    looks cool will look nice next to my new ship by the registry of NCC-90400

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Keep in mind guys these are the ships we are showing off, The truly devastating ones are still a secret, Some of them have not even touched a public server yet.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Quick preview of a Jem'hadar Battle cruiser

That was taken about a week ago, Its more complete now But still alot to do with it.

Also note all Star trek related ships are built in a 1:1 scale
    Err, is that Binvoxed or is it just built strangely? Because either way, those contours need fixing; they look really strange. Try straighter lines.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its a smedit shell, Thats the very very very early version at a bad angle, Hence why I put it under spoilers. By the way, Did I say that it is the Very very very early version of the ship?

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Not too much new to post today, Just some boring stuff, Our little station salvager and light frigate.

Front

Back

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that there Is a torpedo boat version of this ship which uses the larger docking ports. That would be an all out weapon of war. The Dominion is a peaceful faction focusing on expansion, And Building alliances of course, We are trying so hard to avoid all the unpleasantness of military conflict.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmmm, Interesting to see a dominion faction, I look forward to seeing some canon ships.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that there Is a torpedo boat version of this ship which uses the larger docking ports. That would be an all out weapon of war. The Dominion is a peaceful faction focusing on expansion, And Building alliances of course, We are trying so hard to avoid all the unpleasantness of military conflict.
    Hehe, you don't make for a very good Vorta. :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Also, sorry to be so critical, but if you're going to be a Dominion faction, yo should probably make most military ops ships Jem'Hadar-style. Or at least, if you don't feel like building tons of huge curved and angular tricky surfaces, use purple crystal and gray hull. :p

Reaction score
    Also, sorry to be so critical, but if you're going to be a Dominion faction, yo should probably make most military ops ships Jem'Hadar-style. Or at least, if you don't feel like building tons of huge curved and angular tricky surfaces, use purple crystal and gray hull. :p
    Agreed with you Ithi, the Dominion are powerful, evil and GLORIOUS. Their ships should have a church/fantasy villain theme with large support columns and beautiful use of their spoils of war, sending a signal of opulence to their allies and a signal of warning to their enemies. Well designed, yet utterly deadly. Purple/yellow is the colour theme I believe.

Something you should design whilst listening to Brahms or Beethoven, something German and powerful (Which is my usual building playlist) that inspires great works that would make A Roman architect cry.

After that suggestion you can get me a drink. Something expensive.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agreed with you Ithi, the Dominion are powerful, evil and GLORIOUS. Their ships should have a church/fantasy villain theme with large support columns and beautiful use of their spoils of war, sending a signal of opulence to their allies and a signal of warning to their enemies. Well designed, yet utterly deadly. Purple/yellow is the colour theme I believe.

Something you should design whilst listening to Brahms or Beethoven, something German and powerful (Which is my usual building playlist) that inspires great works that would make A Roman architect cry.

After that suggestion you can get me a drink. Something expensive.
    Nope. Dominion exteriors are just gray with purple glow-accents and the interiors are, interestingly enough, really minimalist. Perhaps you're thinking of something other than the Star Trek Dominion?

Reaction score
    Nope. Dominion exteriors are just gray with purple glow-accents and the interiors are, interestingly enough, really minimalist. Perhaps you're thinking of something other than the Star Trek Dominion?
    Actually, true. I was just thinking of what *I* thought they should look like. Quite disappointed when I saw what the actual (Canon) ships looked like. They looked disappointing compared to what they could have been. But that is just my opinion.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We are not Evil, Quite the opposite, Very misunderstood it seems. We seek only peace by any means necessary. Peace means the safety of our Great link. Some aspects of our organization might be more Warlike than others, The Jem'hadar for instance. But on a different side of the coin The Kareema are peaceful traders that believe in a fair deal. The Vorta are frail administrators and bureaucrats who only seek to worship the Founders. The Dosi Are a bit aggressive but not warlike, just easily angered. That is the complexity of The Dominion. We aren't technically the bad guys. You guys should read some of the background available in multiple areas before assuming we are like the Borg. Just essentially faceless Bad guys thrown in for color. One Good example of this, The First act of agression during the war was by Starfleet. Mining the wormhole that prevented the Dominion from reinforcing its alpha quadrant allies, And section 31 developed a wasting disease that attacked the founders years before the war started. Yes We consider war to be unpleasant. Yes we seek to avoid it. No we seem to always get dragged into it. Order from Chaos is our motto and we are not afraid of War.

Edit: the only ships seen in the series are the Jem'hadar, and kareema ships. They really didn't show the day to day ships in the series very well. But they did have miners/shuttles/defense systems.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    this seems allot like what the dominion said in the show and the reason the wormhole was mined was because the amount of military vessels coming through but the dominion does have a peaceful side and i thought to bring order to chaos was the Borg motto (and resistance is futile)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Do you guys have an outpost on elwyn eternity or is that another faction with the same name?