The Dominion

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We are not Evil, Quite the opposite, Very misunderstood it seems. We seek only peace by any means necessary. Peace means the safety of our Great link. Some aspects of our organization might be more Warlike than others, The Jem'hadar for instance. But on a different side of the coin The Kareema are peaceful traders that believe in a fair deal. The Vorta are frail administrators and bureaucrats who only seek to worship the Founders. The Dosi Are a bit aggressive but not warlike, just easily angered. That is the complexity of The Dominion. We aren't technically the bad guys. You guys should read some of the background available in multiple areas before assuming we are like the Borg. Just essentially faceless Bad guys thrown in for color. One Good example of this, The First act of agression during the war was by Starfleet. Mining the wormhole that prevented the Dominion from reinforcing its alpha quadrant allies, And section 31 developed a wasting disease that attacked the founders years before the war started.
    Indeed. This is one of the reasons why the Aethi Imperium doesn't exactly welcome Starfleet's appearance in this galaxy with open arms (though a war would be useless and would accomplish nothing, especially since I'm the only non-fictitious member as of now :p ). Besides, of course, that last bit. You cannot exactly blame them for trying to win a war.

Edit: the only ships seen in the series are the Jem'hadar, and kareema ships. They really didn't show the day to day ships in the series very well. But they did have miners/shuttles/defense systems.
    Yeah, but when people think "Dominion" they're going to think of those ships. So I'd recommend sticking with the Jem'Hadar style and color scheme. (That one Karemma ship was really really generic so I just ignore it) ...Plus, I don't think that their gunboats (Jem'Hadar or otherwise) and stuff looked like giant boxes. :p

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You have a good point, My point is That im Expanding upon em, I can just stick to making nothing but Jem'Hadar ships, Maybe a cardassian or a breen ship here or there, In Which case ill basically just be building Warships. Or I can also build day to day work ships, Stuff like that "Salvager" Which is not a military ship per say but may or may not have larger torpedo turrets for battlefield salvaging. Our flagship will be that Jem'Hadar battlecruiser until much later. If I limited our faction to only using warships well that only goes to building the opinion that we are more or less Evil. But No our relations with starfleet so far on Elwyn have been peaceful, and I intend to keep it that way. We aren't the Bad guys, We just are not necessarily the good guys. We are More than War, Traders, Colonists, Miners, Engineers. We Are The Dominion and we have existed for thousands of years. We will exist for thousands more after the others have fallen just because of this. Also I never claimed to be a Vorta. Just noticed that comment from way way back.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was joking, big, as far as the Vorta thing. And... No, you don't just have to build warships, but you should stick to a unified style (Or set of styles, in your case, since you are talking about the Dominion here), whether it's a shuttlepod, a freighter, or a battle titan. Try not to deviate unless it's needed. Or, if you're going to make an alien ship from a race we don't know about, at least make it resemble something you might find on Star Trek as an alien of the week ship. Not.... Er, a box with glowy bits.

Reaction score
    The Dominion is now recruiting for the following roles,

Engineer/ship builder "Vorta"
    Soldier "Jem'Hadar" "Cardassian" "Breen"
    Merchant/Supplies "Kareema" "Dosi"

"The races listed in Quatation marks are for reference only"

Applicants may apply below by responding to this thread or via private message to me in this forum. Deviation from the form provided will cause your application to be immediately discarded.

One more consideration you must be able to speak in Ventrillo to join. Voice chat is quicker, easier, and more secure than in game chat and Ventrillo is our method of choice.

Bringing order to chaos through any means necessary is our goal.
    Genxnova Is our home server, But we are a multi server faction with outposts in many Quadrants of the universe.
    We also ask that all of our member be at least 16. Exceptions may be made in extreme cases but not often.

Application Form "Copy directly Do not Deviate!"

IGN:

Experience\Previous Factions or Servers:yes

Requested Role:soldier

Do you have Ventrillo and a microphone?:no

If the above is No Are you willing to get Ventrillo and a microphone?:no

What Will you Bring to The Dominion? aka Why should we let you join?:glory

When are you the most active game wise?:
    day and night

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I wold like to join
    My IGN is BlueStriderX.

Not much. I mostly just play in single player.

Builder.

No. I have Skype though.

Only if it works with wine.

My amazing building skillz.

Anytime.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Im sorry But ventrillo is a requirement, Im pretty sure there is a Linux/freeBsd version available however. I could be wrong, The intro interview is always conducted over ventrillo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wold like to join
    My IGN is BlueStriderX.

Not much. I mostly just play in single player.

Builder.

No. I have Skype though.

Only if it works with wine.

My amazing building skillz.

Anytime.
    wait haven't you applied for star fleet as well at the same time that makes no sense what if both of them accepted then what

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    wait haven't you applied for star fleet as well at the same time that makes no sense what if both of them accepted then what
    He also is already in a faction on elwyn -_-

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just letting you guys know we have been focusing on the Genxnova server for about a week now, Rebuilding our home there after the last wipe. But we will be venturing out to other servers again later this week.