The comprehensive StarMade suggestion

Reaction score
    posting this in several separate forums wouldn\'t work because each part is dependent on the others. some details could be removed, but all in all, it is one interlocked, original suggestion that significantly changes many aspects of the game.

in fact... this is almost enough info to build a whole new game.

by the way, you can read through it all. mayby not in one sitting, but it can be done

Reaction score
    Schema, I found your new ideas guy.

If even a little bit of this gets inplemented (PLANETS & SECTORS) I will be happy.

+Nature, WHEN this is put in the game, can I join your crew? :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll take that bump.

I like the idea of systems, However, I\'m a bit iffy on the implementation. Here\'s my take on it:

-Systems are made of individual normal-size blocks. Each group of system blocks has a total health that must be blown up.

-Generators, thrusters, and powertanks systems must be placed adjacent to the functional blocks they are controlling. Each system group can control only one functional group. Failure to have enough system blocks results in a penalty to effeciency.

-Shield effeciency is determined by the total amount of shield system, not any group-specific effect.

-The \"core\" is now a \"piloting module\" This affects the bonus from manning the ship. AI ships without enough piloting modules have their actions updated less frequently.

-Piloting modules can be removed and placed on ships like other blocks. The ship will not be destroyed as long as any blocks continue to exsist.

-Redundant systems have a small power cost. However, splitting the control of something between two different system groups does not incur a penalty.

-Systems show up on the HUD as a small circle instead of a diamond. They do not have arrows when they move into your periphials.

-Turrets have System HUD icons.

-In the nav menu, ships have their docked ships and systems collapsed, like a folder tree. It is possible to filter by system type. In addition, different systems, ships, AI ships, stations, asteriods, and planets all have different icons next to their names in the nav menu.

-Ships can be pilots from piloting modules, seats, and thruster systems. Build mode can accessed from piloting modules and build blocks.

-All ships have \"pilots.\" For AI ships, this is simply one of the places a pilot could sit, usually a piloting module or seat.

-A ship will shut down once the pilot is killed. Its faction will remain, though.

-Repair of shields, generators, thrusters, power tanks, and other functional blocks can be replaced by accessing the appropriate system and placing blocks in them. You can also set the system to repair damaged blocks if you access it, (Requires power)

-Systems overload once the group health is depleted. Once the overheat countdown is complete, they explode, damaging the area around them. The functional blocks attached to them have a chance to also explode. Overheating can be prevented by entering the system.

-A ship is eliagble to salvage once any system is in overheat and it has no faction.

Reaction score
    Legolas170\'s hull idea-

no matter how good hull blocks are, someone will build ships that pierce through it. However, the idea that all hull should be added together is also stupid, as that would only increase the power of doom cubes. What I propose is a mixture of both. The system would split the hull into a maximum of 10x10x10 cubes. The system adds the hp of all hull within the 10x10x10 area. This meas that the maximum amount of health with hardened hull would be 400,000. As soon as the HP runs out, you get a cool graphic and the area dissapears. Thismprefents doom cannons as well as invincible ships. Thoughts?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And then all disappears only at top/right of the point you fired your guns at?

No, please don\'t do it!

We need a system that doesn\'t calculate expensive stuff for every single projecile, but creates synergy.

I suggest using either

• my fluid armor suggestion
    • something like armor plates with legs which can move around your ship to replace the destroyed parts
    • rotation-symetric hulls which rotate around your ship (to penetrate, you would not need a hole, but to kill a line.

but that would create doom-spheres instead of doom-cubes :)

Don\'t take above too serious, but I hope you\'ve got the point.

EDIT:

• Is there someone who likes \"Shields absorbing only 80% * charge-level damage\" if we get repair/ship-yards and hull which uses it\'s armor before shield-calculations alltogether?

Reaction score
    What?

I don\'t think I get that. Armor isn\'t the point of this thread anyways, outside of just stronger and heavier hulls.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Systems each having HP doesn\'t sound like a bad idea, actually... in fact, this entire post sounds good. However, shields aren\'t effected by grouping, so that doesn\'t need to be up there...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are shield systems, just that they aren\'t group specific. All of the shields on the ship have the same effeciency, determined by how much shield system block you have, unlike the other functional blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    wasn\'t there a really good suggestion for damage spread?

Reaction score
    I do not like necroposting, but this suggestion must not die. It must be a thing. Seriously like why are the devs not on this case right now.

Reaction score
    I did put a lot of effort into this, and I really wish someone who had connections to Schema would at least notice it.

Reaction score
    so many suggestions. Nature I thank you...

for KILLING me!!!

HEAD EXPLODES!!!

IS DEAD

silence......