The comprehensive StarMade suggestion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I conceed most of the arguements. And it seems both of us were misunderstanding our comments about turrets, since I basically suggested your focus/divide priortization be more flexible in terms of >10 targets splitting.

Also, shouldn\'t the turret criteria be simply priortization, not exclusion? If you set your flak cannons to \"below mass x\" and then all the fighters get killed, do you honestly want them sitting around doing nothing the rest of the fight?

Reaction score
    The last option allows for strict or loose targeting. If the turret is on loose, it will make it so it will take any target if the prioritizations arent filled.

Strict will keep the turrets contained if they dont fill the requirements.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The range should probably be closest/farthest/any, with you plugging in the range limits. After all, I want my flak cannons to only engage the fighters in their optimum range

Also, could strictness be set individually for each setting? After all, suppose I don\'t want missle turrets to waste time shooting shielded ships but I would prefer they shoot smaller ships.

Reaction score
    I like a lot of these suggestions, but many of them seem to be centered more towards server play, rather than single player. I\'m concerned that something like sending AI fleets off into other sectors could really lag out the game on single player or even smaller servers. Also, I feel increasing the size of sectors could negatively affect performance since the game has to load more. With that said, if even some of these things could be implemented, it would be a big plus.

Reaction score
    On the sectors bit, you load more, but far less often.

Also, give servers the AI option. So you can turn fleets off if you want old fashioned gameplay

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why did you decide that the system blocks should be larger than 1x1x1? every other type of block depends on how you put it together. Therefore, I would like to suggest that the system blocks be like normal blocks, and putting them together increase their health. Now as to why you would do that aside from the health boost, I would say that the larger something controls, the more blocks it needs to avoid dropping effectiveness. So not having enough control blocks means that you start experiencing a small amount of lag, or something like that. Not having enough engine control assigned to a thruster group means that it is less effective, but more effective than the same group with no control devices.

Also, does your proposal include the ability to move the core and/or have multiple cores?

Reaction score
    In my opinion there would be no core. The core would become the autopilot system.

Also, the breaking the 1x1x1 size is simple. A 1x1x1 would provide a much tinier manned buff, would be infinitely weaker, and simply placing a bunch of 1x1x1 would mean one cannon shot and done.

Also energy would be drained A LOT if you did that. It supports using increasing sizes. Also, you couldn\'t even manually repair internal blocks if you made massive 1x1x1 reactors. Imagine how much suck that would be

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Longest post on the forums, and most all encompassing suggestion to date.

+1

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I just feel like it would be near impossible to find a your own base if you had to search a 25X25X25 km cube for it. Maybe there can be sub sectors or something that are the saze of a planet. Also, having multiple planets in one sector would cause many problems when trying to load in a base since it would destroy everything in the sector just to add a small object. (refering to the commands import_sector, despawn_sector, export_sector)

The problems with sectors are: only your own and neighbouring are loaded from server, between-sector fights, multiple-sector ships.

I agree on larger sectors, but isn\'t 25 too large? I would suggest 16km (2^4), one planet there and the possibility to see the names of planets on your screen / in your sector.

Maybe finding your home would not be an issue with better map support and custom named-waypoint, named-lists (Faction, MyGroup, Own)...

For weapons, shields, etc..., If you want to give big ones a penalty (and btw improve performance of 1by1 kills), make it disable for sqrt(num-blocks)*x seconds whenever some block of that array got destroyed.

A player seat could be 2x2 on the floor and 2x2x2 \"air\"-blocks above - if the player presses activate, he freezes in this position and has access to surrounding computers, etc, press R twice in a short time to leave.

Hps or heat-sink ability could depend on hulls in an array. Some systems - like hull plates - could work without master. Select one and and assign an equal block to make them a group without master and do some magic on the result depending on x/y/z size, number blocks, etc.

We could have multiple warp strategies - node-to-node (stargate), wormholes where players can fight for a claim on it. FTL-engines for separated combat movements, a slipstreams between close planets and star systems (but you won\'t find ressources aside it if you use it). Slingshot-machines which do not require end-nodes but have a shorter range (mabye 3-5 sectors), etc and let the server admin decide which to enable.

I didn\'t read everything - I am more a fighter-pilot or builder or team player - not a fleet commander who lets AIs fight for the almighty human.

But I like the possiblity to use AI to defend at least the stuff orbiting a homeworld.

Reaction score
    You know I really like your concepts. But their your concepts not mine and you should be proud of them.

On that node, I like the idea of multiple warp strategies: I think nodes should come first, but having some \"natural\" warp options would be... interesting.

The idea for heat sink is interesting. What if armor took damage as a whole, and only broke when it went above a certain limit? So instead of taking constant, slowly-breaking damage, it would act like a limit break, where it would take damage with no visual effect until it finally shattered? There\'s a lot of ways to go with this. I\'m not going to go deep into it but I suggest building on that and posting it elsewhere. It\'s a great idea (that\'s yours and you should be proud of it).

And the idea about disabling could be tweaked. I was personally thinking more like large decreases: -50% shield recharge -75% shield +10 second recharge delay, -50% thrust -25% max speed -30% turn rate, and so on. And once every system was disabled and the ship was

Reaction score
    You\'re damn right I broke two records there.

You\'re.

Damn.

Right.

PUT ONE DOWN FOR MRNATURE72 AND THE LAZARUS IMPERIUM!
    WABAM!

Reaction score
    I\'ve always found Starmade to be a little cluttered and disorganized, and this suggestion is exactly what I wish to see it the game. I sincerely hope this comes into being at some point!

Reaction score
    This. Is. Amazing

Schema, add this. all of it. In fact, hire this guy. lol

Reaction score
    I\'ve written my share of textwalls but it\'s. Just. Too. Long.

Rather, you should tackle one issue in one topic. One can\'t expect to be right in all of them; You probably have some good ideas mixed in with some bad. I\'ve just skimmed it, as there\'s no way I\'d read through it all, but here\'s two examples;

-Rare non-replicable parts with stat bonuses: Very good. Nice reward for adventuring.

-Stronger hull: Very bad. The stronger you make it, the more it hurts small ship combat, while huge trollcannons will still one-hit every block. Players will just build bigger cannons to compensate if they have to. You need a dynamic hull system that counts armor percentage from hull thickness at the point of impact.

It\'s hard to discuss all that in this form without splintering the conversation.

So make a separate topic for each subject. It\'s more managable in that form. See which ones are popular enough to survive. Or rather, don\'t. It looks more like a collection of ideas that were already posted separately.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Guess, you could make a wiki which collects all ideas and add side notes to rejected ones :)

First I didn\'t saw the hull suggestion.

I think it is good to think deeper here. Sunworld has 500hp 75% armour hulls (which are still weak), but they have a downside too.

• I\'ve build a ship 49*49*23 for 49 million credits. Then I used basic hulls instead of extra hard ones on the bottom and it costs 19-22 million.

You can give it more weight or let it cost more. 2x hp (or armour) and either 2x weight or 3..4x cost is currently effectively a nerf, because AMCs would be more effective against it (currently overkill), but could buff small ships vs small ships which use evasion (smaller = more chance for evasion).

I would support \"cheap station hulls\" with 3x weight or more and less of a hp-increase (only 2x) for stations though - I think there is almost nothing which would make a station (not offensive) overpowered as long as you are required to build many compared to the number of your ships (the nodes) and the attackers have the initiative to choose any strategy against them..

Reaction score
    You mentioned ground combat. I\'m not sure if Schema even wants ground combat, but even if it does get added there is little ground troops could do that some bombarment from spce couldn\'t. Still, I could imagine them being used for capturing special ships.

I think it would work fine. Imagine A massively shielded world. If you had a big enough gun you could eventually take it out. But if you dont, you could send in a ground force to take out key systems for shields, crippling its protection. If the world is also protected by massive turrets, the ground team would have to clear those out aswell, or take out the energy systems to cripple all of the turrets at once. Same goes for any AI fighters. Take out the production facility, or the AI controlling them. All without risking incredibly valuable assets. Once the dust settles, you send in your salvage ships to glass the whole planet :drools: