The comprehensive StarMade suggestion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    By \"Core\" I was talking about a group of blocks with blockID of 1. Right now no other system has blocks larger than 1x1x1. I\'m not saying that it shouldn\'t be broken, just that I\'d rather keep it flexible with the more controlable system of changing blocks. After all, if you have to slap down a certain size core for your ship at the begining, it limits your creativity. Right now you can change a ship into something larger if you feel like it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Comments about the shipyard / fleetworks center:

First, there should be an option to scan the ship without destroying it, which should take more time than just deconstructing it but less time than deconstructind and reconstructing it. This way you can save ships with advanced blocks without needing to rebuild them.

Also, perhaps the blueprints that the shipyard uses could be actual items that need to be stored in plexstorages. This would allow players to transfer blueprints between different stations if they wanted to, and would allow the theft of blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    the chair upgrade idea. It just seems like the people that would get in it would be very bored... mabye they could control AI ships, but if you can\'t do that, bordom ensues.

also... how much micro be involved in the RTS portion, because I know some starcraft and empire at war players would tear into the game if it is a very large amount. It would also make the combat really awsome!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I\'ll get some time to read this, looks very good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    and i say it again the shit is holy! That was a great read with quite few typos (not many, at all, just don\'t ask where they are)

While some said that adding more and stronger hull types would be bad for this reason

\"~~-Stronger hull: Very bad. The stronger you make it, the more it hurts small ship combat, while huge trollcannons will still one-hit every block. Players will just build bigger cannons to compensate if they have to. You need a dynamic hull system that counts armor percentage from hull thickness at the point of impact.\"

i still support it, not neceasry stronger hulls but diffrent types of hulls. If we look at for example modern cars, Armourd Personal Carriers and Main Battle tanks we get 3 distinct diffrences when it comes to protection

the car/truck (Civilan) has thin sheets of metal that will be dented by a handheld slingshot

the APC has mili-to-centimetre thick armour plates the can possibly stop a 0.50 inch BMG possibly (a.k.a 50 cal)

and the MBT that has cetimetre thick steal plates that is sometimes reforced with depleted uranium (???)

and all of these have diffrent intended usages

the car will transport you and other to places where you can earn/spend money

the ACP will take you through these risk arears to the front line and provide some support in the battle

and finaly the MBT will be at the spearhead of the battle dukeing it out

what i am trying to get at is that you should be able to choose what hull to yse depending on the intended usage, want a trade ship that is going to go through a rather peacful area from point A to point B then use that worthless übercheap unarmouerd hull for those ships while ships the ships that have a bit more sinister idea of what to do with those said trade ships (like uhh privateers & pirates you know, arrg!) might use something a bit more powerful (like regular hull) to be able to out accelerate the warships (not the class :P) that are made of the hull between regular and harden and harden hull

sort of like a 4 tier system

tier 1 = Sheet metal, good for interior, like papemashe when shot at, not even recommended to the pinchiest of penny pinchers (mass=0.5x)

tier 2 = good general purpuse, is recommended for anything really. will do its job regardless of situation. equal to regular hull. (mass=1x)

tier 3 = to cover those vitals! like the extra plates in a bullet proof vest. reasonably expensive, should be possible to build your ship out of it within a fairly good budget. made of rare metals (mass=1.5x)

tier 4 = harden hulls equal, made of the finest metals and materials found in the outer wastelands and in the most dangerus center of all the centers. should be worth the it. (mass=2x)

ovbiusly the armour system has to be rewritten and a nine grader dyslectic swede shouldn\'t be the one to do it as i don\'t really know math terms in english. and the reason i wrote mass=x is while some would argue that better armour is lighter but everything is equal large cubes so and this is a game so what does it matter.

also this might be a bit off topic but a ships speed shouldnt depend on mass but acceleration (and thus deacceleration) in every direction. a mass that goes at 50 km/h along the +x axis want to keep going, regardless of what direction you are trying to acceleration it, so accelerating it will be equal hard if you try to move up/down left/right forward/backwards ecetra (decreasing or accelerating along -x axis the speed with 2km/h is twice as hard as accelerating 1 km/h, you know physics!)

one last thing: there\'s some great handheld weapons and ground combat in this thread

http://star-made.org/content/personal-defense-armor-weapons-boarding-robots-and-medicine

Reaction score
    Very good suggestion, late at night so i read half then skimmed through, but I really like the seperation of utility and valuable ores. I was thinking that instead of valuable ores you could have valuable spices, like in the game spore or in the movie dune, as they are generally considered higher worth.

Reaction score
    That\'s indeed interesting. Either way though the concept is separating value and utility

Reaction score
    I...want...this...

One of the most(if not the most) well thought out suggestion (and it effects nearly everything, making this even more impressive). I\'m not sure about some suggestions, but others, (especially the A.I.) are awesome.

Reaction score
    I like to write. What can I say.

Anyways, yeah. The AI is basically the gem of that suggestion. But I am equally proud of everything

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Implementing all of this, along with a few more aesthetic blocks, such as PlexDoor wedges, would pretty much finish off this game... + as many 1\'s as I can +, as long as all of the AI doesn\'t turn this into a strategy game more than an action one.

...A bit of hot TL on DR action going on here, though... I read almost all of it, but I\'m afraid that the same can\'t be said of a lot of other people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love this idea, and your fleet control idea is awesome. It\'d be like an RTS control interface, (Supreme Commander esque).

The only thing I think you should add is Navigation Systems for both sublight and hyperspeed/warp autopilot movements. say, for instance, I want to travel to sector 1,3,6 and I\'m in sector 5,5,5, instead of typing in the numbers for the sector I want in the autopilot, I instead man the navigation system and look through a map similar to the fleet command map and then select a system. Explored systems should be in color but wuth a FoW (Fog of War), unexplored greyscale, and ones that your faction/fleet has sensors in should be without the FoW and show ship/planets that are in them. In two-D rendering or 3D icon rendering.

This would include the need for a starmap that can be aded to as places are explored.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    why he said the core would turn into autopilot...

Reaction score
    I pretty much cover every possible angle.

That\'s why it took so long to write XD

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    To let the outer systems remain appearing \"dead\" while also retaining danger, why not add black holes. I know a lot of people want these and it will act as an explanation as to why the outer rim is how it is.