The Blind Group Build

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This community has a lot of talented builders. But what happens when you make those builders work together on a build without being able to see what the others are doing? This is a "blind group build," where people build a chunk of a ship, and then we merge all the chunks together to see what kind of beautiful monstrosity we can create. Here's how it works.
    1. Claim a part of the build you wish to build. Individuals or groups of builders can claim a single part.
    2. Building time begins once all parts are claimed.
    3. 2 week period to build your chunk of hull. Do not share your progress with builders outside your group.
    4. Chunks are combined. Pieces may need to be modified in the event that engine/front pieces are not submitted, or just to make them fit properly.
    5. Merge is posted on community content. Next build sign-ups begin.

Build 1 - The Standard
    • Front section, 3 middle sections, rear/engine section.
    • Main hull should be within 50x50x50. Certain things like antennas can extend out of the non-mergepoint directions. Keep in mind to not have things cross the boundary at the merge points.
    Claim your spot!
    Front- Dire Venom
    Midsection 1- Master_Artificer
    Midsection 2- YibYag
    Midsection 3- Raichor
    Engines- refirendum

Build 2 - Vertical
    • Top section, 3 middle sections, bottom section
    • All sections contain a front and a rear/engine
    • Main hull should be within 50x50x50. Small things can extend out of the non-mergepoint directions. Keep in mind to not have things cross the boundary at the merge points.
    Claim your spot!
    Top- AtraUnam
    Midsection 1-
    Midsection 2-
    Midsection 3-
    Bottom- YibYag

Build 3 - Horizontal ship
    • Left section, 3 midsections, right section.
    • All sections contain a front and rear/engine.
    • Main hull should be within 50x50x50. Certain things like antennas can extend out of the non-mergepoint directions. Keep in mind to not have things cross the boundary at the merge points.
    Build 4 - ???

• Please post suggestions on what this and future builds could be.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It will be interesting to see what monster gets created from this "Blind Group Build."

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Sounds awesome, but how big/long are we talking about? I would love to join, but I am bad at finishing big things.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Sounds awesome, but how big/long are we talking about? I would love to join, but I am bad at finishing big things.
    Two weeks to build a piece of hull, maximum dimensions (not counting little things like antennas) of 50x50x50.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This sounds like something that NFD guys have been doing for a while now, but way bigger.

Reaction score
    This seems like a neat idea
    Could I have a go at midsection 3?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol this is going to be funny to see the end result of. XD Was planning on doing something similar for my faction to keep people from getting bored. :)

Reaction score
    Are we going to stick to a certain theme such as; organic, industrial, ancient.
    Or should it be up to the individual builder?

Reaction score
    Even is odd; let's go with odd... I mean uh... what even... wut
    You are quite an odd fellow... Even I can distinguish between even and odd, even if odd looks like its even even though it is in fact odd. Oddly enough that happened to me sometimes and i couldn't even... I've just contradicted myself, apparently even I have my odd moments...

Also could i have a go at midsection 2?

I remember a similar experience from graphic design class i had where we've drawn a character, split it in three parts and mixed it up with different character parts from other students. Fun times.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Are we going to stick to a certain theme such as; organic, industrial, ancient.
    Or should it be up to the individual builder?
    Whatever theme you want for this one. There may be specific themes in the future, but for now, whatever you want to build.

You are quite an odd fellow... Even I can distinguish between even and odd, even if odd looks like its even even though it is in fact odd. Oddly enough that happened to me sometimes and i couldn't even... I've just contradicted myself, apparently even I have my odd moments...

Also could i have a go at midsection 2?

I remember a similar experience from graphic design class i had where we've drawn a character, split it in three parts and mixed it up with different character parts from other students. Fun times.
    Sure.

midsection!11!!!!1111!!!111!
    Is this for midsection 1? I'll put you down for that.