The Blind Group Build

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    How are you goint to ensure that the edges of the sections line up? Same goes for interior?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How are you goint to ensure that the edges of the sections line up? Same goes for interior?
    Slight smoothing or putting things like greebles in the gap might be necessary. As for interior, I probably should have actually said this, but it isn't needed. This is just shells. It's an optional thing that would be nice but is not required. For matching it up? Elevators, sharp hallway turns, etc may be needed. If some one doesn't put interior in their section, just have a hallway that links it and a section that does.

Reaction score
    I suggest a sort of standard corridor in the center of the ship on both ends, which could also act as a merge point around which you smooth the rest of the hull where necessary.

Do we need to fill the hull with system blocks (shields, power etc.)?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Do we need to fill the hull with system blocks (shields, power etc.)?
    Nope! Unless the weapon is a special part of the build (turrets, drones, warhead mines, firework swarmers, etc), I'd advise against it.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Cool. It sounds like some building standards might arise from this project. (E.g. 3x3 corridor through the central axis on all three dimensions, no exceptions versus no corridors on the central axis in all three dimensions; center axis is reserved for structure supports or power lines.)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    any color palate (ie, use these 5 colors or something) or will we be winging it?

Oh. If we were to do a color palate, each person "brings" a color, and those colors make up the primary colors of the ships hull!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447885412,1447885350][/DOUBLEPOST]could make an instance where no grey, black, OR white was chosen, the 3 most common ship colors! :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    any color palate (ie, use these 5 colors or something) or will we be winging it?

Oh. If we were to do a color palate, each person "brings" a color, and those colors make up the primary colors of the ships hull!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447885412,1447885350][/DOUBLEPOST]could make an instance where no grey, black, OR white was chosen, the 3 most common ship colors! :D
    Wing it, for now. Maybe have specific colors for future builds.

I'm hoping not everyone makes a grey/black/white industrial style build. It'd definitely give us a nice matching set of hull segments, though. :P

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Finished. It is a giant 50x50x50 block of systems and weapons with a thin coating of advanced, just enough to be heavy but not enough to matter. I expect the rest of the team to pull my weight and carry us through to victory.

After all, gotta represent all types of builds in starmade, amirite?

Also it uses only swarmers.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Finished. It is a giant 50x50x50 block of systems and weapons with a thin coating of advanced, just enough to be heavy but not enough to matter. I expect the rest of the team to pull my weight and carry us through to victory.

After all, gotta represent all types of builds in starmade, amirite?

Also it uses only swarmers.
    Accurate sig

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A carrier could be a fun build XD lots of wonkey runways into walls :3

Reaction score
    Finished my part. Standard armor, spaced advanced armor, 3 turrets and 4 PtDefs. Contains the CIC, a bunch of corridors and rooms. 3*5 corridors on the central axis fore and aft.
    Can I get the cookies now?

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Finished my part. Standard armor, spaced advanced armor, 3 turrets and 4 PtDefs. Contains the CIC, a bunch of corridors and rooms. 3*5 corridors on the central axis fore and aft.
    Can I get the cookies now?
    Wow, that was fast.

The timer might have to be cut down to one week if everyone else starts finishing up this early.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Quick question, how are the bits going to be merged:?
    Can you actually merge entities?

Reaction score
    Well, my parts done. Thick standard armour hull with thick advanced armour plates on one side, one USD, a bridge and a main corridor (9x13)....on the right.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    ...Right then. I would have a hard time moving the aft corridor to the right since the whole thing is packed a bit tight and even if I used all my engineering might I would be hard pressed to move it to the right.

It took me 5 minutes to WRIGHT that... Heh...

Would be simple to just make an adapter connecting the parts, my main hull is simple and easy to stretch/continue and advanced armor plates are not hugging the hull.

Also, do we upload the parts to StarmadeDock or just post the file in this thread?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ...Right then. I would have a hard time moving the aft corridor to the right since the whole thing is packed a bit tight and even if I used all my engineering might I would be hard pressed to move it to the right.

It took me 5 minutes to WRIGHT that... Heh...

Would be simple to just make an adapter connecting the parts, my main hull is simple and easy to stretch/continue and advanced armor plates are not hugging the hull.

Also, do we upload the parts to StarmadeDock or just post the file in this thread?
    Either works. Make sure to share a link if you do post it on community content, though.