The Athanatos Concord - A StarMade Alliance - Now live, join today!

Reaction score
    The ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT I WAS ASKING was for people who WANTED to build ships for concord. I\'m not saying that factions shouldn\'t donate their pre built ships, but saying that people who choose to build ships should begin to phase out older ones. As for the idea of fleet diversity, that isn\'t a problem, seeing as the ships would be build by separate members of separate factions. A DFN ship will probably behave differently than that of a Lazarus ship, but they\'d be built for only the concord. Factions can use their own ships for inter concord wars, but in wartime the concord fleet should at least look unified, if for nothing else than for awesome cinematic shots. In response to the SMedit thing, I\'m sure that it\'ll be fixed soon enough

Reaction score
    The ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT I WAS ASKING was for people who WANTED to build ships for concord. I\'m not saying that factions shouldn\'t donate their pre built ships, but saying that people who choose to build ships should begin to phase out older ones. As for the idea of fleet diversity, that isn\'t a problem, seeing as the ships would be build by separate members of separate factions. A DFN ship will probably behave differently than that of a Lazarus ship, but they\'d be built for only the concord. Factions can use their own ships for inter concord wars, but in wartime the concord fleet should at least look unified, if for nothing else than for awesome cinematic shots. In response to the SMedit thing, I\'m sure that it\'ll be fixed soon enough

Reaction score
    I see another problem that has not been mentioned. If you guys intend the concord to last longer than any of it\'s inspirations of the past, you\'re going to run into all-but-certain faction point problems with a uniform fleet approach. The fact is someone is going to have to park these thing somewhere, who\'s going to foot the bill for that? I think it would be a bit of a problem having redundant ships to look cool, while creating a weakness to faction members by burning faction points in which could be used more efficiently. Fact is, the proposed idea of placing an emblem isn\'t just easier, it\'s actually a bit more future-proof than uniform ships.

Reaction score
    The Athanatos Concord will utilize a secondary faction on servers, using alts, to form the Concord. It will have enough population to afford at least one base, which, to be frank, is all it needs.