The Athanatos Concord - A StarMade Alliance - Now live, join today!

Reaction score
    But just like how any ship with a DFN emblem will tell you, the emblem doesn\'t make it a DFN ship. Also, as I understand it, the bastion fleet will have its own ships, taking bits and pieces from all of the factions involved.

las for a color scheme, I\'ll go for purple, and white

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It seems needlessly complicated and risky to build a seperate Bastion Fleet. Just conscript ships which your members already use. And when they\'re ships your members already use, repainting would take much more time, than putting a logo of a \'joint force\' on it.

In the end, it\'s just an extra way to show your support to a greater entity. As it does not do anything to make yourself more recognizable as an ally or enemy. That\'s what target reticles are for.

The disadvantages of building a new joint fleet are the following:

Who will build these ships? How will you be sure that they\'re build both aesthetically pleasing as well as efficient in design?

You will be putting people in \'shared\' ships. Everyone will have access to the shared blueprints, and you cannot be sure whom will, or won\'t betray you and spread the blueprints on to your enemies.

You\'re wasting time on building a seperate fleet, when most members of your Concord already have capable fleets. This time could be better put to use, by establishing outposts, defences, beacons. There is still the possibility of war coming soon.

Why uniformity? Why put everyone in exactly the same ships/same coloured ships? As noted earlier, we have better ways of recognizing our allies, than by the colour of their hull. By standardizing a fleet, you make it easier on the opponents of the Concord to establish effective counters. They only have to counter a single fleet. By conscripting ships of all allies, you effectively put together 6 different fleets, each with their own building techniques, weapon systems and design philosophy. Let them try and counter 6 different fleets at the same time. It will take them more time to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of the individual ships, than it would if you were to fly streamlined ships.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    does my server count as easy to access, cause we accept everyone pretty much

Reaction score
    How going into SMedit and replacing hull with other hull is that time consuming...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    SMedit doesn\'t work for everyone. My own attempts to use it were generally met by exploding screens and dead sheep, or lil\' short thereof.

Another arguement, is that repainting ships for a joint fleet might actually be a reason for factions not to join. Hell, I know I wouldn\'t join if I had to repaint ships in purple. Fuck purple. >->

On the other hand, adding a small insignia on the side of a ship.. That\'s much more agreeable. My ships can keep their colours, they just need to wear that insignia when acting under the \'Bastion Fleet\'.. Sure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'re missing the point of the Bastion Fleet. All of your points are correct, regarding the Concords regular fleets. The Bastion Fleet is designed to NOT be affiliate to any member of the Concord, as to stay neutral in interconcord wars and such.

Reaction score
    I would see your server as easy access. You utilize whitelisting as more of a defensive protocol to prevent abuse than as a VIP list.

Reaction score
    I would see your server as easy access. You utilize whitelisting as more of a defensive protocol to prevent abuse than as a VIP list.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I\'m not sure whether you\'ve read my earlier points, against the construction of a seperate fleet.

Even though you call it \'unaffiliated\' to any member of the Concord, it will be affiliate to members of the Concord. As it will be flown by these very members. It\'s nonsense to call it an unaffiliated fleet. It\'s simply a fleet with joint interest and investment of all within, which you preferably don\'t want to use against its own members.

As such, during InterConcord conflict, it seems reasonable that ships are returned to their initial owners.

I feel it\'s more efficient to draw from resources that are already present (drafting), rather than having to create a bunch of new resources, which\'ll likely just sit around doing nothing, most of the time. The creation of seperate ships, only for the use of said \'Bastion Fleet\' is a waste, and will likely give any opponent of said streamlined \'Bastion Fleet\' an edge in engagements, if ever you happen to have a leak within.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A single fleet would provide a sense of unity to the member factions, and some of us may just want a change from our usual faction colors and styles.

Reaction score
    He was replying to Cird... that... you can see that. Because it says it was a reply to the number of Cird\'s post. And also, under Cird\'s post, there is his, slightly to the right.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The Concord\'s goal is not unification. It is not pulling everything together to attain a single \'unit\'. It is to advance the options for new and different factions. To help diversity grow, by having solid factions work as a backbone, giving advice and other aid where needed. The fleets of said \'solid factions\' are what should be the \'Bastion Fleet\'. A culmination of all the factions which\'re no longer \'being helped\', but are \'helping\'. Those with established fleets, resource acquisition, members.

While building a new fleet, by a new colour scheme and with seperate ships might be an interesting venture, it is a frivolous one. Which will lead to disadvantages against opponents when used by itself, and not with ship support from the allied factions, and many other arguements against, as I\'ve listed before.

If you wish for a sense of unity, is then not a joint insignia sufficient? A symbol of the established factions within the Concord, under said symbol, but not losing sight of their own identity, and the wish to further diversify the shape and appearances of factions in the game?

Reaction score
    I\'m an impationt summbitch, ain\'t got no time for minute differences in margins

:)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Re-painting ships is a waste of time really, since they would still be of varying forms (would end up looking like a scrap collection since the colours wouldnt fit the ship\'s sgape).

Having a \"Uniform\" fleet may sound nice, but is kinda not what the Concord is about, which is to say a collection of factions, not a hard tied allaince. What I WILL Suggest tho, is the possibility of merely \"Making ships for the Concord\", ships available to anyone part of the concord (like a gift).

Also - as far as SMedit goes, it does not work for the 0.14 build nor its Blueprints. Meaning you would need a seperate install and a Pre-update version of the blueprint.... which I assume most deleted when they had to resave their blueprints o -o

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Factions could build or donate ships for Athanatos use.