Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Recent Unplanned Done Within A Day WIP Ship Project:

The urge to build got off the charts when I pictured/imagined the ship, starting with its interior and then the exterior.
    Eh, one of those days.

EDIT: Ship is symmetrical as it has a second cargo/hangar bay door and the observatory pod just like those seen on the screenshots here on the other side of the ship too. Forgot to mention it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    More pictures (some length added and some polishing done, latter one mostly inside):

One blocky ring longer:

And thicker doors:

Mining:

Top:

Bottom:

And sorry about the length of the post due to screenshots. I seem to be unable to find where the bloody heck the function to put it all in a spoiler is!!!

EDIT: There.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    On the menu bar at the top of the posting mechanism is a little + sign in a box. Click that, then click "Spoiler". Then, enter text into the
    two bracketed entries (One, in brackets, says "SPOILER="*Spoiler Name Here*" and the other says "/SPOILER
    Put your text between the innermost brackets, and you're good. Pictures work the same way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks!

EDIT:

Regarding my ship(s). People who think those are just only colorless/one-color boxes of systems and whatnot with "no thrursters".....
    I have only one reaction to you and that is:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    There is strange beauty in your works. Simple shapes have some otherworldly mystery to them. It makes me wonder what kind of an ancient civilization made these!

Reactions: Gasboy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is strange beauty in your works. Simple shapes have some otherworldly mystery to them. It makes me wonder what kind of an ancient civilization made these!
    Indeed. Back when I watched a movie called 2001: A Space Odyssey I was mesmerized by that mysterious pitch-black basic rectangle monolithic slab of wonderful sound. I still love that thing as i have built it inside my ships sometimes:

Inside a ship I never posted screenshots of as it didn't come out all that well in terms of systems and the hull needing a refit because updates making thrust system heavy on advanced armor blocks to a point it moves too slow (which should not be the case as far as my ships are concerned).

Anyhow, thank you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Added external missile silos for getting rid of pirates or other hostiles easier. It is a classless alien starship as it is both a miner/salvager, explorer and a combat vessel with the combat part being its last resort aka its 3rd function as peace and exploration are its main focus with mining/salvaging and trading a secondary function. If the damn classification is so gorram important then I'd choose the term "Polymath-class". Period.

I probably didn't explain the current ship of mine quite in detail enough yet once again, probably or told too little info or too much info and at this point.. I honestly can't be arsed anymore, you (me/my) try to explain something to the best of your (me/my) ability and others still don't get what is going on in your (me/my) head exactly. Not even sure anymore why I even bothered taking two basic screenshots of my beloved ship and then composing a message here after a long wait for the NPC update of the game. Not even seeking answers to what I've said in this post, so don't bother.

Just thinking out loud here and sharing those two screenshots, most likely to let some of you know that I'm still around or something and that I usually keep to my ideas or plans or both or whatever.

...so yeah. This tier 4 (Tier 0-1/Mk1 were only alpha-to-beta "kickstart" variations of it with Tier 2 being the semi-finished-and-still-stubby variation that I posted pictures of the ship first time ever after I built and polished it. Tier 3/Mk2 was the lengthier version for more potent mining/salvaging power.) aka Mk3 refit of the ship has slowly started and changes and modifications I do with this ship are purely for my own tastes and gameplay style so unfortunately I just can't upload it for reasons of keeping my config a bit modded or altered plus I have to keep my mental health in check and maintaining my sanity and the mystery of the green alien starship of mine.

To those who are actually interested about trying out what I've built. Best advice/info I can give is to just building your own brick and making it look the way you want it to look within the realms of keeping things more or less practical but with heavy alien elements added which of course means no visible anything pretty much from the exterior or the interior hull of the ship apart from carvings and hull pattering and whatnot on the hull are the only visible or noticeable things on the now built and polished "brick" as my idea about the starship is all about being armored, safe and with hull being symmetrical more or less with bare-bones Spartan/practical/alien practical interior and exterior? Bleh.

At the end of the day or night or whatever timezone BS.. It's just my personal preference which I am more than okay with.

Last edited:

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My squabbles with green hull is that unlike other colors as seen from your previous works, it does not look too good in a monochromatic way especially in standard armor. What I suggest you could do to remedy this visual setback is to use perhaps advanced armor to introduce a different shade of green in specific areas like the diamond shaped portion. In comparison to your other works which are quite beautiful and representative of your design/art principles, this latest project does not seem to share the same rich quantity of negative space that balanced out the repetition in your previous works. I highly recommend spacing out those struts to perhaps 2-3 blocks apart.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My squabbles with green hull is that unlike other colors as seen from your previous works, it does not look too good in a monochromatic way especially in standard armor. What I suggest you could do to remedy this visual setback is to use perhaps advanced armor to introduce a different shade of green in specific areas like the diamond shaped portion. In comparison to your other works which are quite beautiful and representative of your design/art principles, this latest project does not seem to share the same rich quantity of negative space that balanced out the repetition in your previous works. I highly recommend spacing out those struts to perhaps 2-3 blocks apart.
    Blame the current SM version's buggy lighting on that because I've built much noisier/crowded stuff in Minecraft. This new ship and its newest alterations are basically from some of my older works from Minecraft, the newest changes I added to the ship are just basically designs from those few structures of mine from Minecraft where one block gap doesn't make everything on the sides pitch-black, lighting-wise.

That and the ship is meant to be ugly to look at because of the lovecraftian vibe I get from looking at it myself and the default shade of green on those standard green hull blocks doesn't bother me. Plus removing those studs makes my ship much slower believe it or not because I added thruster blocks under them, same goes for the ridges and whatever else is built/added onto the basic hull.
    If diagonal slabs and whatnot existed in the game I'd alter more stuff on and in it.

And last time I experimented with having both types of hull from standard to advanced it ended up being a bit of a eyesore for me personally as it broke the consistency of exterior color and color hues so.. no thanks. Sorry about that. The pitch-black nonsense is even more of an issue interior-wise so I just can't be bothered with trying not to have the pitch-black nonsense that has already ruined my Fyr-Gor's interior due to recent updates and who knows what else might get broken or fixed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Was thinking of creating a small perma-cloaking craft today... until I tested the cloaking with small chunks of some other systems and even if I strip it down to a glorified power reactor.. *sigh* ..really ends up limiting what I was planning and so any amount of creativity and freedom I desperetly need without being bogged down to how default game has its damn rules set where only brick ships are the most functional ones.

Its the core reason as to why I play games with mods but with no ability to add my own custom blocks in Starmade to separate my tech on my ships from default ones/from NPCs. I'm quite frankly fed up with this and calling it quits with Starmade until someday the modding is added.