kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    AMCs.

Along side missiles.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words. Second time round is even more exciting.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Slowly getting there. Super slow as I\'m really trying to avoid using the same texture for multiple blocks (unless needed for continuity sake, such as computer blocks).

It bothered me, having a generic side for both engines and AMC\'s, with only colour as an indicator.

Hopefully with a more diverse range of textures to play with people could create some more immersive ship interiors.

You might of spotted that AMC and Salvage cannons have the same textures, just different colours.

This is the only exception! I promise!! ha.

Reaction score
    If this tp is not the most widely used for years to come, I dont know what I will do.

You are very talented kupu, and the starmade community is lucky to have you. Thank you for putting so much effort into these packs! :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thanks Smeep,

Really nice of you all to say such things. Starmade has such a nice community, the effort is warranted.

Hopefully i can get the pack done before Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Reaction score
    That would be the greatest christmas present! Im gonna call my family right now and let them know im not available for christmas.

With this pack i could finally start to show the power, AMC and missile blocks inside my ship. It would feel like a real interior. I cant wait to design my weapons room to show of those missiles. :P

Merry Christmas

Reaction score
    These textures are looking soooo good.

It bothered me, having a generic side for both engines and AMC\'s, with only colour as an indicator.

Hopefully with a more diverse range of textures to play with people could create some more immersive ship interiors.

This is why you\'re the best.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really, I\'d rather have the salvager have the same texture as one of the beams, as opposed to the AMC. The AMC shoots bolts of destruction out, while the salvager emits a contious beam. Kinda different there. Maybe have it be a green version of the repair beam?

Reaction score
    This realistic pack will be amazing, when i see you screen shot i cant stop myself to drool in front of my screen !

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Glass will stay the same i think... perhaps an even thinner border could work?

Will play and see.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    is it done yet?!

Nearly!

I\'ve been testing the textures today. I downloaded about 20 blueprints and had a play around. It\'s nice to see how people are using the blocks and how the new textures will fit into what players are currently using for decoration of building techniques.

We\'ve seen most of the visually interesting blocks sperately or in controlled close ups, but i wanted to see how it all came together from far away, how it tiles, using multiple colours / blocks. Does it work together e.t.c.

Pictures make threads less boring, so i\'ll share todays experiements.

(This shipyard is by GaeasSon, and it\'s sick)

The blueprints are all publicly availible on starmade multiverse or starmade blueprints; (so hopefully nobody minds!)

Terrain is finally being worked on, not many blocks left to texture. I\'m on track to have this ready by Christmas should things continue smoothly.

Reaction score
    sweet can\'t wait to see my Enterprise with these textures. hope my computer doesn\'t go nova trying to process all the awesomeness.

Reaction score
    everything looks like it\'s meant to be there :)

I love that you\'re staying true to the default texturres so that old builds dont look like a mess.

This tp should seriously be considered to become the default. I think this would match up well with the new player models.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I love that you\'re staying true to the default texturres so that old builds dont look like a mess.

Thanks smeep. I always thought it was important to stay relatively close to the orginal designs. It would be counter productive if new textures ruined someones ship designs.

As for default textures? Who knows. It\'s a pretty cool thought but i doubt it would ever happen, (I really don\'t like to put down the work of others) but i do wish the game would step away from low res repetitive pixel art. It\'s not that i have a problem with pixel art itself, but there is a certain texture in the default settings used on over 50 faces for over 14 blocks and 5 blocks for wildly different use, using the same textures with colour hue as the only difference.

Not my game, not my place to rattle cages. But hopefully now some of those who feel the same way are catered for.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So how does a whole planet look with this new pack? It must be great!

Or are you still working on some of those textures?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Actualy It\'s possible schema loves your work he sayd it even in a comment! And It\'s not every day he says anything to a person It\'s mean that you have talent ! And i think I\'m not the only person that says that you should contact schema ! So.. This was my speech