Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I was only talking about the decorative blocks as they only serve one purpose, decoration. I expect when I place a block that looks like computer screens that it will always look like computer screens, or a panel of buttons (like I said there are now pipes where there were computers and the opposite will be true, there will be computers lining the walls where somebody placed a pipe). If you change them from their base aesthetic then a lot of ships will be effected. I also do use every computer available, the power ones look good as power readouts, the pulser kind of looks like a shield display, some of the others are just generic computer screens to break up monotony. So if they also change too much it will effect my builds but less so.

I\'m also all for the changing of the repeat textures, it does bother me that the faction block is just an un-animated core and that all the weapons are just re-colors and that the other faces of computers are all just repeats. I\'m all for those changing to be unique.

We need more decoration blocks than four, but I guess if this was minecraft we wouldn\'t have any because they seem opposed to adding purely aesthetic blocks. We also must rally for some furniture and other space accoutrements too

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sven, based on your images I noticed something. The blue and yellow decorative block doesn\'t even tile with its upper edge.

Reaction score
    Every time i add the texture pack it keeps crashing my star made i do as you say and remove the old stuff and add your stuff but it keeps crashing any ideas as to why?

PS from what I have seen this pack looks awesome!!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The t000.png file allocates a single tile for a decoration block. Thats 1 tile for 6 faces. Any vertical or horizontal line in this case can not be contined around all 6 faces.

Imagine taking a rubber band and wrapping it around each face of a cube without it overlapping. Impossible right?

The pipe blocks will tile seamlessly along the Z axis, and the X axis. But not from one to the other.

Decoration blocks in Advanced build mode can not be rotated as of yet. This is why i added a second pipe block. The purple conduit. Allowing the player to run one of two types of pipe along any axis. With correct block placement, no tiling issues will be seen.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    As for your problem?

Every time i have investigated players crashing on startup, it turns out they simply installed it wrong.

What pack are you using? is it the latest? Are you also trying to install the HUD?

The textures will take longer to load, and will sit around 96% 98% for a few seconds longer. If it doesn\'t load after a short while check your installation and give me a PM.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are any of the textures in your newer pack animated? I\'ve had a look through the images and I couldnt see any, of course if they\'re just screenshots then I wouldnt have spotted it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The power block, power tank, docking enhancer, turret docking enhancer, shield block, lava and ship core are all animted.

Any block animated in default settings will be animated in this texture pack.

So far cybertooth i have only posted screenshots :P So like you said, there is no preview of animations just yet. But they are in the game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Its epic your new realistic pack!

but for that pack will you make a new post or will you put it here? also why do you put fire for damage? your pack is a realistic pack i don\'t think its realistic so i tought why u don\'t put marks like u did on the weapons computer ? but its your choice :) and good luck with your pack ;)

Reaction score
    Hey kupu,

first of all...your work is amazing...the old and the new realistic pack. I hope schema will use the realistic pack as default.

I am writing because of two topics:

1. There is a little bug in the old tp downloaded from this thread -> 1st page:

-> The grey hull and black hull wedges and corners are switched (so black is grey and grey is black)

2. Is there a reason, why you don\'t provide a \"alpha\" or \"work in progress\" version of your new realistic pack right now? I mean you could use as basis your old tp and just insert a new texture once it is finished...what do you think?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    1: Thanks for the bug report. I know the icons are switched currently in the HUD pack, (also the pulsator icons are missing). When i have time i will update the HUD for newer versions of starmade. It\'s quite out of date at the moment. If you find any more please let me know, it\'s appreciated.

2: I\'d rather keep it as cohesive as possible. Only 1 version publicly availible to avoid confusion or wrong distribution.

Besides, having complete creative control is quite nice. I do like feedback, and it\'s good to hear all your thoughts. But allowing others an \"alpha\" version will perhaps give people a misguided sense of creative input. They are after all just personal projects for my free time. :)

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    Wow, what sort of graphics card you you need for the texture packs highest resolution. Also did you make the really awesome non Pixel one, pixelated as well?

Reaction score
    Consider using the Pulsator block for the pipes. The block has a different texture for each side, so you could make a unique pipe texture for each side, have end textures, and simply make it much more realistic, as well as being able to change the direction of the pipes. Few people use the Pulsator anyway, and since the Pulsator isn\'t a \"gun\" and is more of a \"system\", pipes or wires makes enough sense.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Your current graphics card should play this just fine.

For comparison, I play on an old mac using nvidia\'s 9400m graphic card.

A Windows machine with a dedicated graphic card will be fine.

Also did you make the really awesome non Pixel one, pixelated as well?

I\'m not sure what you mean...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    That\'s actually a good work around, but i would like to give the Pulsator block a slightly similar look to other beam blocks, simply to future proof the blocks texture. Who knows, in future updates it might be really popular. It would save a lot of potential confusion too for those who haven\'t read about the visual change.

Reaction score
    Thanks for your reply.

I see your point.

One additional little bug :)

The \"Shop\" Block has no texture in the HUD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could you include a high-res skin (if it\'s possible in the game) with both texture packs? Like a simple astronaut skin but in the resolution included with the pack.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Although i will wait for the new player model to be implemented before i make a skin.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    Sorry I didn\'t phase that very well, I meant to say the more high resolution one (refering to the image in comment 314)has a different texture from the lower resolution(from the pics) did you make it that there is a lower resolution for the latest textures, because I like there design. Also what program did you use for the latest textures.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I use Photoshop.

As for the image in post 314, that is showing the damage overlay included in the new realistic pack.