Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    Looking great! I do agree with others though that the new hardened hull looks.. off. I\'d rather have an option to use the standard hull design for the hardened hull as well. The current one stands out too much and wouldn\'t make for good inside textures imho. The regular hull looks very streamlined and simple while the hardened seems way too complicated and much less minimal.

Reaction score
    I feel like I might be alone on this but I kinda like the new Hardened Hull....

@Draco: Does it need to be simple and minimalistic? All of the other blocks are very detailed and \"busy\" EXCEPT standard Hull. If anything standard Hull needs to have a bit more detail so it doesn\'t look so minimal.

Of course, the final say goes to Kupu and if any of us don\'t like it we can make our own. Open the texture files in GIMP and start artist-ing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    well the update turned out to only have a few things but all i found was the log books and great work to on the texture pack :D

Reaction score
    The contrast between the hull and other parts helps to make them look so nice. The hardened hull seems to busy to me and doesn\'t feel like it belongs with the rest. IMHO of course. I know I can modify it afterward but I\'d rather have the best base pack possible for everyone. I\'m just trying to provide constructive feedback

Reaction score
    I actually like the hardened hull, but it\'s something that I think would only be great in small amounts. I\'m not sure it would look too good making up the entirety of an outer hull. It\'s kind of like brick or solid gold/lapis/redstone/etc. in most Minecraft texture packs. Makes for great accents, but I wouldn\'t want to make entire walls out of it.

Overall, I think this texture pack makes for amazing looking interiors that mix and match different things, but exteriors are gonna suffer a little especially up close (I do agree standard hull is okay from far away) from being mostly hull or hardened hull.

Reaction score
    I am definitely looking forward to seeing this released.

I especially like the idea of block reassignments. Once this is released, would you be adverse to mods adding blocks using your established style? ie. others playing with making add-ons to your texture pack?

Reaction score
    How did you alter the texture resolution? all attempts I have made have turned out.... odd.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @Raok; Well said mate, and thanks for the input.

@asmanwoks; Thanks pal. Glad you like it.

@Stormclouf3; Cheers!

@Dire Badger; Thanks! It\'s a nice fuzzy feeling to know others appreciate your work. No, i am not adverse to you modifying my work for your personal use. Be my guest! After all, i\'m sat here modifying the work of others for my own use!

However, re-releasing this pack as your own with an altered hull texture and calling it your own work would be extremely deplorable. So... wouldn\'t advise that ;)

@ElvenSong117; Thanks for the constructive input, ...i guess?

Okay, quick word about how i\'m doing the hulls followed by pictures.

This is now the final version of the hulls, I\'m happy with how they fit with my other textures and the new tone they set for the game. The alternative hardend hulls are availible via private message. I\'ve had a polite request already for it and more than happy to oblige. But i won\'t be releasing it as a pack.

If you want dark and grimy, this texture pack is not for you i\'m afraid.

Actually... if you don\'t like the hull designs, i would with respect advise you not to download this and find another texture pack more suited to your tastes.

After all, if your not liking it, not making it, and not paying for it... why put yourself through the agony of playing with it? :p

So only a couple more to finish off. Should be ready in time for tomorrow evening hopefully.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This texture pack is definitely going to become a must-have for me. I admire your work, good sir, and hope that people think of this pack as highly as I do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it its now the 22nd of July in Australia, so, release. PLEASE!!!! I MUST have it! This texture pack is amazing. Nice work.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    again amazing job, and thank you for having that alternate Hardened Hull...I will probably alter that one a little if you don\'t mind...I think it would be great either seamless or a little border...not sure though. But absolutely fantastic work! And as other have said, this will be the texture pack I will be using. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    God I am so pumped for this texturepack, its the 22nd here in Australia, I keeping coming back and refreshing the page hoping to see it finished XD, Good stuff mate.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Please hold on a little longer! Haha. I am polishing off the mineral textures and then it should be ready.

2 hours ETA.

(I haven\'t done the factory textures or ingredients (yet) so that will have to be an update for a later day.)

Thanks for the interest.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Alright guys, thanks for the patience.

It\'s ready to download and play with. I\'ll keep working on it as factory textures have not been done, and there are a few GUI tweaks i would like to make and release too.

The information, pictures, downloads for both hull packs and installation instructions can all be found over at my blog. (Nah, im not trying to plug it, i have no adverts, i just like everything in one place.)

http://tomberridge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/starmade-texture-pack-pt2.html