Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awesome, it makes the original look like br... eee.. blargh. Can\'t wait to try it.

Reaction score
    Hurry and finish please or release a pre release of it it look soo amazing ! cant wait to play with it

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I didn\'t think it would be this well received. Really appreciate all the feedback.

I\'ve been asked a few times about pre-releaseing these textures. Unfortunately I don\'t want to start giving out bits of unfinished work to only a few people. It just seems so messy. ha. I would much rather finish everything and release it as 1 pack asap.

ETA 2 weeks.

Reaction score
    What reasoultion is the textures at? they look much higher then the default pack

will there be multi choices on the resolution?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d rather play it as what you think is completed anyways.

I just can\'t get over how awesome a lot of the textures look.

Reaction score
    Whoaw! Its so smooth :D I really hopes it comes out :D

would improve the game experience!!!

I will follow youre page for sure!!!

great artist work!

Reaction score
    Can\'t believe that nobody said this, but it reminds me tons of the Sphax texturepack for Minecraft, really love the cartooney style :)

Reaction score
    This is like the Sphax PureBD for starmade, And Sphax was my favorite texture pack EVER!!! I don\'t think I\'ll be able to play starmade without this Texture pack! Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This texture pack looks amazing, especially the reinforced hulls!

I like the original but this just blows it out the water! Spacey water that is of course. I can\'t wait for a full release!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It does look similar to Sphax! I think Sphax is creating a texture pack for Starmade as well! Just an FYI for everyone!

Your textures are really perfect for the game! They are \"techy\" and \"spacey\" and not like a complete comic like Sphax! I look forward to the finished product! :)

Reaction score
    I think the hull texture clashes with the rest of the pack and the default hull looks better, but it looks great overall.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    i think the standard hull should have the same texture as the hardened hull, minus the bolts and bits on the side, otherwise, GREAT!!!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey guys,

Once again, thanks for the kind words.

Yes, i too loved Sphax texture pack for minecraft, infact, without it i would probably never play it!

It was definately an inspiration for this, clean lines and bold colours. I also really like Blendo\'s recent Citizen Abel chapters, like Gravity Bone and 30 flights of loving. To be told it is similar is quite a compliment, i just hope i have enough of my own style in there to stand apart.

I didn\'t know Sphax was releasing for Starmade too! How exciting! Although this now seems like a race to finish!

@ Hunterlanier03; Yes i changed the resolutions of the textures. I have upscaled the block texture sheets to 4094x4094 from 1024x1024. This gives each block face a texture size of 256 x 256 instead of 64x64.

If you would like a lower resolution i would be happy to provide it. I will be sure to post about it when i\'m near complete.

@Nebulon-B; I agree with you (partly). I don\'t think my hull textures are fitting in quite as well as i hoped. I will re-do them before i release. However.. i think a more plain material for a standard hull block will work better than the original. I know i have said i want to stay close to the original, but i will change the hull blocks.

@Schultz81; Thanks man, i do want to keep that \"techy\" feel. Hopefully i can keep a clean and techy feel for all the ship parts! If i fail a block, please let me know.

@MichaelSeph; I\'m yet to find water in the game!! (no seriously... where is it haha) So i\'ll have to figure out my approach after seeing it. Glass however will be more transparent and have a very little frame. I want to try and keep it seamless so you can have big glass cockpits or observation bays with little \"mess\" in the way. Sound ok?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i am wondering whats the pixel count on the textures are they 32x32, 64x64 or are they alot higher i was wondering because your texture pack looks really nice and i am wondering if my computer can run it(my computer is rubbish)

Thx for reading

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    where are the missile array/block textures have you not done them yet? and what about \'utilities\' i.e. grav unit, plex storage

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @TheCrazyAstronaut; I\'m yet to complete all textures, so missile arrays etc are on the \"to do\" list. I will probably show them in this thread before releasing the pack, so check back soon.

Also, as i said in the post above yours (ha!), they are 256x256. But i can reduce the size down to the original 64 x 64 and release a low res pack too for those that want it.

Hope that answers all the questions!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey again.

Quick update with some pictures.

(Yes, these are animated, will upload a .gif soon)

Partially transparent ice! How exciting!

Hope you like the progress, more to come asap!