Term 3 Voting Now Open!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED!

Vote here!

Greetings Citizens,

Voting for the third term of the Council of Intergalactic Representatives is now open! Voting will close on the 27th of May, at 1:30 AM UTC. We plan to release results on the 29th of May after we have contacted the election winners and signed all necessary agreements.

Our voting process uses STV (Single Transferable Vote). Voters number as many candidates as they like in order of preference, with 1 being the most preferred candidate. If the voter's most preferred candidate is eliminated during the election, their vote will then transfer to their second preference, then third, and so on.

CGP Grey has a great video explaining how this system works:

Changes to the Council
    • We have decided to change the number of councillors from 7 to 5. After evaluating our past two councils, we believe that seven is too many. We will be evaluating five councillors over the next term and will keep an eye out for any decrease in productivity.
    • Council voting will require the user to have purchased the game; this is to make it harder for fraudulent voting to occur. However, there are no restrictions on applying to the Council. The upcoming elections will be a test run for this new requirement.
    • Backwards tie-breaking will be used instead of the previous forwards tie-breaking method implemented.
    Requirements to vote: Purchased StarMade, registered on the Citizen's Registry for at least 30 days.

We've also improved the Council vote page, to ensure it's easier to navigate and submit votes. Here're a couple of changes we've made:
    • Added randomized application order based on the voter's user ID
    • Added search bar, applicants fade out if they do not meet search parameters.
    • Improved timeout handling, logins will timeout after ~30 minutes. Once you've submitted your vote, you may edit it at any time before voting closes. Use this as a save function to ensure your results are saved if you timeout.
    VOTE HERE: Council of Intergalactic Representatives

Voting closes on the 27th of May, at 1:30 AM UTC!

- The Schine Team

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes! Another round of voting has begun!

So, you may be wondering who to vote for? Well, I hope you (yes you!) will consider my application.

I have been playing StarMade now for about 8 months, with about 1,600 hours logged. My girlfriend misses me sometimes.. but this is a game I am passionate about and though I already love the game, I know it will just keep getting better and better.

When I first started playing, I ran a small server with some friends. Then I moved to the online community. I was first a peacekeeper, who helped others, gave free rides from spawn, free ships, and protected people from both pirates and players. But, because of the lack of PVP going on in the server, my role was very limited and it seemed that only the decorative builders were having any fun. Though I think this is a great part of the game, I think StarMade should be more than just about designing pretty ships. And so I decided it was time to create a bit of chaos. And thus I created the persona, DestroyerOfWorlds. Through my experiences in attempting to trade, wage war, help others, ect. I have accumulated a lot of knowledge about how this game works, from logic to weapons to combat.

If elected, here are my promises:
    -I will fight for your opinions if they are good ones, even if they are contrary to my own. To me, being on the council isn't about fighting for what I want, it's about prioritizing what everyone wants and making sure the final game has options for everyone.

-I will be as open and honest with you as possible. There will probably be things I cannot discuss, but for what I can, you can bet I'll have constructive conversation with you. I make time for people.

-Ways to fundamentally increase the fun of actually using your ship in combat, for exploration, and for trading are a high priority for me. Everyone should be able to take on different kinds of roles for what they'd prefer. As it stands, I feel the game could use a little work in allowing more variety, so this will be a focus for me when I work with the developers. On the suggestion forums I have popular threads to introduce DOT weapons, hacking, charge-up weapons, scaleable home base protection, StarCharts for exploring the known universe and trading maps, a good personal trading system, overhaul of the personal shops, and changes to the navigation menu to make it easier to explore. When I think of ideas on how to make the game better, I have everyone in mind.

-Ensuring the game is bug free and having plenty of build options are also high priorities for me. I have suggested freeform building, custom build helper shapes, and have made error submissions on Shine's error reporting service, Phabricator. One of the threads I am currently participating in is about the blueprint lag that happens on the servers. I am also very good at finding exploits and the admins of my server (Shattered Skies!) can vouch for me that I report them rather than use them.

So, in conclusion, if you want someone who has good judgement, is trustworthy, has good knowledge on how this game works, and will fight for this game to be better for everyone, then you should totally vote for me. :)

If you'd like to see my application for council, which includes a more complete list of all the suggestion threads I have made and more on my credentials, check out my application here: Benevolent27 Council App

Good luck to all of the candidates. And thank you for your time. Have a great day!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    While you're looking into the site, would it be possible to enable https?
    I'm not too concerned about voting fraud, or the NSA profiling my StarMade political preferences, they probably know them anyway - but I prefer connecting via a secure channel where possible, and since the main star-made.org site supports encryption, it seems odd that its various subdomains don't.

Reaction score
    I can only see 22 applications, while on the screenshots of other users we can count 23:

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm assuming that sky Lord got so many votes that he's probably already won? No need to give him more votes?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I can only see 22 applications, while on the screenshots of other users we can count 23:
    This is because applicants can pull out from the election. One has pulled out, which is why there are now only 22 applicants.

seems to be working now, good job.

Fixed earlier this morning.

The voting improvements made for this term should help streamline and simplify all future elections as well.

I've cleared the thread of reports on council voting; the issue has been fixed. If you do come across any problems, make sure to post them here, they'll be addressed as soon as possible.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Hello! For people asking why I removed my application for this term. I just got a full time job and I dont wanna go nuts trying to do as much as I did in the past,for both council and youtube

Reactions: alterintel

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello! For people asking why I removed my application for this term. I just got a full time job and I dont wanna go nuts trying to do as much as I did in the past,for both council and youtube
    Sorry to hear that and congratulations!

But I feel I should mention.. The cake is a lie! ;)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hooray for the Lord of Skies, detailing, and making everybody elses' ships look like shit in comparison.

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    If our real politicians could share the same humility than you it would save us many problems and excesses.

Reactions: EnerJay

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Alright, look here. I'm not gonna sit here and act as if I'm the perfect choice for council. Like literally everyone else in existence, I have plenty of flaws, and I ain't afraid of them. Chances are, I'm far from perfect for being on the council, and that's for various reasons.

For example, I'm young and struggle to fully commit to things, I get easily distracted, I have very little experience.

But you know what? Those aren't reasons for me NOT to join the council.

Those are reasons why I should at least try. I've been with the community for almost 2 and a half years, and I've grown to love it.

And the ability to do well on such a role does not come from experience or skills

It comes from the ability to love the community you wanna help

It comes from running head first into every damn opportunity no matter what you are or how slim the odds are

It comes from the ability to become whatever you're trying to be

So I ain't askin' to win,

I'm askin' that you give me the chance to become a councilor worthy of this community.

So, will you?