VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED!Vote here!
Voting for the third term of the Council of Intergalactic Representatives is now open! Voting will close on the 27th of May, at 1:30 AM UTC. We plan to release results on the 29th of May after we have contacted the election winners and signed all necessary agreements.
Our voting process uses STV (Single Transferable Vote). Voters number as many candidates as they like in order of preference, with 1 being the most preferred candidate. If the voter's most preferred candidate is eliminated during the election, their vote will then transfer to their second preference, then third, and so on.
CGP Grey has a great video explaining how this system works:
Changes to the Council
- We have decided to change the number of councillors from 7 to 5. After evaluating our past two councils, we believe that seven is too many. We will be evaluating five councillors over the next term and will keep an eye out for any decrease in productivity.
- Council voting will require the user to have purchased the game; this is to make it harder for fraudulent voting to occur. However, there are no restrictions on applying to the Council. The upcoming elections will be a test run for this new requirement.
- Backwards tie-breaking will be used instead of the previous forwards tie-breaking method implemented.
We've also improved the Council vote page, to ensure it's easier to navigate and submit votes. Here're a couple of changes we've made:
- Added randomized application order based on the voter's user ID
- Added search bar, applicants fade out if they do not meet search parameters.
- Improved timeout handling, logins will timeout after ~30 minutes. Once you've submitted your vote, you may edit it at any time before voting closes. Use this as a save function to ensure your results are saved if you timeout.
Voting closes on the 27th of May, at 1:30 AM UTC!
- The Schine Team