Survival Expansion mod

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think you should make the docking system affordable, and reduce it's range masively, in order to be able to emulate the "landing" process without getting your ship destroyed while staying still on the planet... Also, the repair beams should be either Energy Revolution or Interstellar age technology...
    But how would You land on non-prepared planet then?
    Also until Schema will fix collision damage - any ship building on planets would be hell.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's ways. Try making it so they have to build a docking area for the ship to launch from that is also a shipyard in it's own right but without the creative mode thing going for it. Basically they'd dock the new ship they are building in some kind of 0 gravity space so they can build in peace and not pieces. You' need some kind of pseudo shipyard but generate a 0 grav zone within the area.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Didn't see this mod until now. Looks interesting. Is it still a possibility in development or was project dropped?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Power will be very expensive, stations and asteroids will have big bonus energy capacity. Energy storages will be also expensive and it would cost You so much to equip Your ship with enough high amount of energy storages that would give You bigger energy capacity than bonus capacity for stationary objects.

Also if power reactors will be very rare at beginning then it will be more efficient to make recharge station that every ship in faction will be able to use than put it into ship.
    I wonder how you will archive that without making cores too much abusive.
    • Power reactor formula could be adjusted to make 1m reactors much more powerful (worse in early stages).
    • Power could be cheap but also produce almost nothing so that weight is the main issue for the early game.
    • There could be a catalyser-block which enables a cheaper recipe path, but is hard to gain.
    It would also change the combat balance a lot.
    Personally, I don't really care about the ages, as it is usually not hard to get through by experienced or long-term players; but the final balance would be something important to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wonder how you will archive that without making cores too much abusive.
    • Power reactor formula could be adjusted to make 1m reactors much more powerful (worse in early stages).
    • Power could be cheap but also produce almost nothing so that weight is the main issue for the early game.
    • There could be a catalyser-block which enables a cheaper recipe path, but is hard to gain.
    It would also change the combat balance a lot.
    Personally, I don't really care about the ages, as it is usually not hard to get through by experienced or long-term players; but the final balance would be something important to me.
    I was thinking about 3th way. But 2th is quite interesting.
    Actually... If power generators would be so uneffective vs their mass that they would be too heavy for ships, then I would achieve my target, no matter how many of them player would take, they will be too uneffective because of their mass.

For combat - for sure ships would need to be build far more carefully as this world would be far less forgiving than SM default one.
    Power would be far more expensive, so weapons would be smaller.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok guys, I might try one more time, maybe I will be able to somehow finish it. But if someone wants to help, I would be very happy.

New ores:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Textures can look very similar, especially with the rocky stuff around them.
    In a custom texture pack I made ages ago (Tron-Legacy theme) I went the easy way and put chemical symbols into a circle of diamonds, just claim it is your scanner showing it.

If you have a math problem, I will help you. But I am not very active in StarMade currently.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Textures can look very similar, especially with the rocky stuff around them.
    In a custom texture pack I made ages ago (Tron-Legacy theme) I went the easy way and put chemical symbols into a circle of diamonds, just claim it is your scanner showing it.

If you have a math problem, I will help you. But I am not very active in StarMade currently.
    Thank You for your support!
    I don't know if I will have math problems here but if it will happend to me I will ask You about help! :)

As for ores:
    I just like to make them a little bit more unique. and real looking. I will not be adding new ores so there is not really much work with them.
    The real work will be with elements (You will be able to decompose i.e. sand into basic elements and use them for sth else).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448235242,1448232200][/DOUBLEPOST]New ores

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How and why are you keeping those ultra heavy elements stable in a capsule... and what exactly are you using them for... o_O

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For planning, graphics, testing etc.
    Someone who will be able to perform at least some of activities needed to help me finish that mod.
    can I be your official WIP tester? love bug hunting :D

question, are you able to make NPCs? I hope so, some excitement on the planet would be amazing!
    besides that melee would be useful. without these things the survival expansion is more like an exploration expansion.
    mostly because you'll be stuck on the planet for quite some time.

really, it is only now that I see this mod, if I was able to write some programming and stuff, I'd make a mod for this mod (things like Minecraft immersive engineering and stuff like that) I can help you with planning but idk if that is much of help, as all I can do is test xD maybe graphics, if you can tell me how to graphics :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    can I be your official WIP tester? love bug hunting :D

question, are you able to make NPCs? I hope so, some excitement on the planet would be amazing!
    besides that melee would be useful. without these things the survival expansion is more like an exploration expansion.
    mostly because you'll be stuck on the planet for quite some time.

really, it is only now that I see this mod, if I was able to write some programming and stuff, I'd make a mod for this mod (things like Minecraft immersive engineering and stuff like that) I can help you with planning but idk if that is much of help, as all I can do is test xD maybe graphics, if you can tell me how to graphics :p
    Do u have Skype or any other communicator?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    from what I see, I can conclude you are in a (most likely) American time zone. I'll start a conversation with you.