Survival Expansion mod

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What is StarTech
    Do You think that currently SM is too simplified? Imho, Starmade at it's current stage resembles more Spaceship Builder 2000, but I'm great fan of survival games. So here, I bring you survival mod for Starmade!

- Newtonian physics (no space friction)
    - Collisions (?)
    - Real life ores
    - Redefinied crafting system
    - New blocks
    - Hard survival-based gameplay
    - Completly redefined economy

Wants to send Your first ship in space? You need to gather materials first, eventually You can build Your base as basic hulls in StarTech are very cheap to don't hold Your imagination and let You build big bases. After some time You will have enough resources to build ship core...

You have core but You are not able to produce thrusters at this stage yet...
    You need to build big push cannon that will thrust Your vessel into space.
    You think that You're now able to careless devastate space with Your salvages? You've never been more wrong if yes, because You've just entered...

You're in space in Your vessel. You don't have thrusters so You can have only tiny salvage beam. It's really hard to fly without thrusters and You will notice that Your vessel don't stops if You don't generate thrust (space friction disabled by mod) so You need inhibits far longer to don't miss Your destination. After some time You will finally fill Your storages so You will be able to go back to Your planet... I hope that You prepared proper landing pad before if You don't want to crash on Your planet (collision damage)... After some time You will get enough resources to build Your space thrusters and You will be able to

First thing that You will notice after using thrusters is that these monsters drain energy like mad. And power generators are very expensive. But You're lucky as energy storages are little bit cheaper so You can equip Your ship with them, fill it's batteries on home planet and take fly in space. There is no space friction so after You will gain enough speed You will not lose it, it helps energy saving a lot. Even multiple energy storages will not let You to take long journeys so You will need to build recharge stations spreaded over universe where You will be able to fill Your batteries.
    You also better build thick hull armor because You will be only able to dream about shields.

Time will pass and You will acquire next gen technologies, like shields or AI but technology that will get You to the next level will be overdrive that will let You fly twice as fast.
    It will finally make possible to fly to another star system in reasonable time so You will be able to start exploring another stars. You will also acquire technologies that will help You refine Your ores better so Your income will be much bigger than before.

With Jump Drive technology You can now conquest other systems much faster. Let's spread Your word across galaxy but don't forged to build recharge stations in Your new star systems.

You've achieved status of supreme being. There's no technology that You wouldn't be able to acquire including ion systems. Your huge ships can defeat swarms of enemies and thanks to warp gates You can now spread Your empire across another galaxies.

Do You want to help me making this mod? PM me or contact via Skype (Byamarro2). if You're TeamSpeak 3 user find me at tsgamearea.pl! :) You don't want to engage?

Leave a comment, share Your opinion, that helps me too!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    With no official API for modding currently how are you going to overhaul the game?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am interested in Zackey_TNT's question as well. I do know that mods are possible, but this one while roughly revelant to my interest (though I'd have slightly different thoughts regarding some ideas, especially survival since the mod suggested seems to be less about that and more about more demanding, hardcore progression) seems to be quite ambitious so I wonder how do you plan to go about it, Byamarro.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What is StarTech
    Do You think that currently SM is too simplified? Well this is mod for You!
    This mod completly rebalances age introduces ages-like progress.

Wants to send Your first ship in space? You need to gather materials first, eventually You can build Your base as basic hulls in StarTech are very cheap to don't hold Your imagination and let You build big bases. After some time You will have enough resources to build ship core...

You have core but You are not able to produce thrusters at this stage yet...
    You need to build big push cannon that will thrust Your vessel into space.
    You think that You're now able to careless devastate space with Your salvages? You've never been more wrong if yes, because You've just entered...

You're in space in Your vessel. You don't have thrusters so You can have only tiny salvage beam. It's really hard to fly without thrusters and You will notice that Your vessel don't stops if You don't generate thrust (space friction disabled by mod) so You need inhibits far longer to don't miss Your destination. After some time You will finally fill Your storages so You will be able to go back to Your planet... I hope that You prepared proper landing pad before if You don't want to crash on Your planet (collision damage)... After some time You will get enough resources to build Your space thrusters and You will be able to

First thing that You will notice after using thrusters is that these monsters drain energy like mad. And power generators are very expensive. But You're lucky as energy storages are little bit cheaper so You can equip Your ship with them, fill it's batteries on home planet and take fly in space. There is no space friction so after You will gain enough speed You will not lose it, it helps energy saving a lot. Even multiple energy storages will not let You to take long journeys so You will need to build "gas" stations spreaded over universe where You will be able to fill Your batteries.
    You also better build thick hull armor because You will be only able to dream about shields.

Time will pass and You will acquire next gen technologies, like shields or AI but technology that will get You to the next level will be overdrive that will let You fly twice as fast.
    It will finally make possible to fly to another star system in reasonable time so You will be able to start exploring another stars. You will also acquire technologies that will help You refine Your ores better so Your income will be much bigger than before.

With Jump Drive technology You can now conquest other systems much faster. Let's spread Your word across galaxy but don't forged to build "gas stations" in Your new star systems.

You've achieved status of supreme being. There's no technology that You wouldn't be able to acquire including ion systems. Your huge ships can defeat swarms of enemies and thanks to warp gates You can now spread Your empire across another galaxies.

Do You want to help me making this mod? PM me or contact via Skype (Byamarro2). if You're TeamSpeak 3 user find me at tsgamearea.pl! :) You don't want to engage?

Leave a comment, share Your opinion, that helps me too!
    I am interested in Zackey_TNT's question as well. I do know that mods are possible, but this one while roughly revelant to my interest (though I'd have slightly different thoughts regarding some ideas, especially survival since the mod suggested seems to be less about that and more about more demanding, hardcore progression) seems to be quite ambitious so I wonder how do you plan to go about it, Byamarro.

I know for a fact the only thing you can edit is textures and config files at this current stage.

Its likely to be a config pack.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    With no official API for modding currently how are you going to overhaul the game?
    The trick is to overhaul it to maximum with possible tools.

I do think Byamarro changes recipes of blocks and probably adds custom items required for each age.
    Yup. Also a little of editing Starmade external variables.

I have a little bit experience at squeezing maximal possibilities with primitive tools. I Made few Minecraft servers that looked for user that these servers are with mods but in fact these wasn't.

BTW I would be interested if anyone want to play this mod after I'll release it. I really need that feedback. And if You will not - then why? What would You change in it?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds interesting. How would you make "gas stations" would there be a reactor that cant be placed on ships?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sounds interesting. How would you make "gas stations" would there be a reactor that cant be placed on ships?
    By "gas" station I meant station with power supply beam, reactors and energy storage. Didn't know how to name that kind of station to make it still resembles car gas stations. If You have another idea to name it gimme feedback! :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Cannot it be simply "ressuply depot" or "recharge station"?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    By "gas" station I meant station with power supply beam, reactors and energy storage. Didn't know how to name that kind of station to make it still resembles car gas stations. If You have another idea to name it gimme feedback! :)
    What I was wondering about was how to restrict the power generation to stations alone. Because if you can generate energy on ships then there wouldnt be a point of the "Gas Stations"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cannot it be simply "ressuply depot" or "recharge station"?
    Main post updated. Thanks that sounds far better :)

What I was wondering about was how to restrict the power generation to stations alone. Because if you can generate energy on ships then there wouldnt be a point of the "Gas Stations"
    Power will be very expensive, stations and asteroids will have big bonus energy capacity. Energy storages will be also expensive and it would cost You so much to equip Your ship with enough high amount of energy storages that would give You bigger energy capacity than bonus capacity for stationary objects.

Also if power reactors will be very rare at beginning then it will be more efficient to make recharge station that every ship in faction will be able to use than put it into ship.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So this means you will also need to make or modify ships and derelicts to reflect this.

Otherwise this whole elaborate process goes bye bye when you find a goody filled derelict or when you get obliterated by Isanths because they have not changed to reflect the change in balance this mod will provide.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So this means you will also need to make or modify ships and derelicts to reflect this.

Otherwise this whole elaborate process goes bye bye when you find a goody filled derelict or when you get obliterated by Isanths because they have not changed to reflect the change in balance this mod will provide.
    Yup. Modifying will not be that hard. Just set massive brush that will only delete certain types of blocks.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    One problem with this... If I remember correctly, collision damage is irreparably bugged. You'll have to wait for Schema to make it work reasonably, or there's literally no way to safely land. A ship just sitting there on your planet will break itself down to nothing, as far as I've seen, and if memory serves the sensitivity/threshhold setting doesn't do anything to fix it...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One problem with this... If I remember correctly, collision damage is irreparably bugged. You'll have to wait for Schema to make it work reasonably, or there's literally no way to safely land. A ship just sitting there on your planet will break itself down to nothing, as far as I've seen, and if memory serves the sensitivity/threshhold setting doesn't do anything to fix it...
    I thought that Schema fixed it but He didn't. Well it's not key feature so everything is still ok :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The trick is to overhaul it to maximum with possible tools.

Yup. Also a little of editing Starmade external variables.

I have a little bit experience at squeezing maximal possibilities with primitive tools. I Made few Minecraft servers that looked for user that these servers are with mods but in fact these wasn't.

BTW I would be interested if anyone want to play this mod after I'll release it. I really need that feedback. And if You will not - then why? What would You change in it?
    Would definitely be interested in playing through this mod after SM API support comes out. Very excited to hear about this one.

Reaction score
    I think you should make the docking system affordable, and reduce it's range masively, in order to be able to emulate the "landing" process without getting your ship destroyed while staying still on the planet... Also, the repair beams should be either Energy Revolution or Interstellar age technology...

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm