1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Survival Expansion mod

Discussion in 'WIP' started by Byamarro, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Byamarro

But how would You land on non-prepared planet then?
      Also until Schema will fix collision damage - any ship building on planets would be hell.

#21 Byamarro, Jun 6, 2015
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    2. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

There's ways. Try making it so they have to build a docking area for the ship to launch from that is also a shipyard in it's own right but without the creative mode thing going for it. Basically they'd dock the new ship they are building in some kind of 0 gravity space so they can build in peace and not pieces. You' need some kind of pseudo shipyard but generate a 0 grav zone within the area.

3. Bogdan

Bogdan Grand Master of OOB

Didn't see this mod until now. Looks interesting. Is it still a possibility in development or was project dropped?

4. Byamarro

Dropped. :(
      I don't have enough time to continue it.

5. Bogdan

Bogdan Grand Master of OOB

A real shame. Who knows, maybe one time it will re-surface!

6. Byamarro

Well, I could to continue it but I would need some assitance.

7. Megacrafter127

Assistance of which kind?

8. Byamarro

For planning, graphics, testing etc.
      Someone who will be able to perform at least some of activites needed to help me finish that mod.

9. NeonSturm

NeonSturm StormMaker

I wonder how you will archive that without making cores too much abusive.
      • Power reactor formula could be adjusted to make 1m reactors much more powerful (worse in early stages).
      • Power could be cheap but also produce almost nothing so that weight is the main issue for the early game.
      • There could be a catalyser-block which enables a cheaper recipe path, but is hard to gain.
      It would also change the combat balance a lot.
      Personally, I don't really care about the ages, as it is usually not hard to get through by experienced or long-term players; but the final balance would be something important to me.

10. Byamarro

I was thinking about 3th way. But 2th is quite interesting.
      Actually... If power generators would be so uneffective vs their mass that they would be too heavy for ships, then I would achieve my target, no matter how many of them player would take, they will be too uneffective because of their mass.

For combat - for sure ships would need to be build far more carefully as this world would be far less forgiving than SM default one.
      Power would be far more expensive, so weapons would be smaller.

#30 Byamarro, Nov 22, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    11. Byamarro

Ok guys, I might try one more time, maybe I will be able to somehow finish it. But if someone wants to help, I would be very happy.

[​IMG]

New ores:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. NeonSturm

NeonSturm StormMaker

Textures can look very similar, especially with the rocky stuff around them.
      In a custom texture pack I made ages ago (Tron-Legacy theme) I went the easy way and put chemical symbols into a circle of diamonds, just claim it is your scanner showing it.

If you have a math problem, I will help you. But I am not very active in StarMade currently.

13. Byamarro

Thank You for your support!
      I don't know if I will have math problems here but if it will happend to me I will ask You about help! :)

As for ores:
      I just like to make them a little bit more unique. and real looking. I will not be adding new ores so there is not really much work with them.
      The real work will be with elements (You will be able to decompose i.e. sand into basic elements and use them for sth else).
      --- Updated post (merge), Nov 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 22, 2015 ---
      New ores
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Byamarro

[​IMG]

Elements added

15. Ithirahad

Ithirahad Arana'Aethi

How and why are you keeping those ultra heavy elements stable in a capsule... and what exactly are you using them for... o_O

16. Byamarro

For sth futuristic.... Like jump drive?

17. HolyCookie

can I be your official WIP tester? love bug hunting :D

question, are you able to make NPCs? I hope so, some excitement on the planet would be amazing!
      besides that melee would be useful. without these things the survival expansion is more like an exploration expansion.
      mostly because you'll be stuck on the planet for quite some time.

really, it is only now that I see this mod, if I was able to write some programming and stuff, I'd make a mod for this mod (things like Minecraft immersive engineering and stuff like that) I can help you with planning but idk if that is much of help, as all I can do is test xD maybe graphics, if you can tell me how to graphics :P

18. Byamarro

Do u have Skype or any other communicator?

19. HolyCookie

teamspeak :P
      I live in central europe, Netherlands UTC+1
      Most of the time I am online in the evening, to match up with a few amarican morning players

20. HolyCookie

from what I see, I can conclude you are in a (most likely) American time zone. I'll start a conversation with you.