1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

Still can't get docked ships to unload cargo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MageDKTarill, Mar 27, 2019.

Tags:
    1. MageDKTarill

I have tried following the instructions in multiple threads, youtube vides, etc and I still can't get my ships to unload cargo automatically when docked.

Added: I should also specify I am running V 0.201.370

Here is what I have built so far and hopefully someone can help me out with what I am doing wrong.
      My ship.
      1 ship core
      1 cargo space block
      1 storage block.
      1 Rail Docker

The storage block is linked to the cargo space block
      The rail docker is linked to the storage block (rail docker highlighted yellow, the storage space purple)
      The storage on my ship is set to auto pull.

My station
      1 Rail unload block
      1 Storage block
      10 Cargo space dock

The storage block is linked to the cargo space blocks (I can manually put items in there)
      The Rail Unload block is linked to the Storage block (Rail unload block is yellow, storage block is purple)
      The Rail Unload and Storage block is just 3 blocks away from each other.
      The storage block is set to auto pull.

For both the ship and station I set the options using the radial menu.
      Ship -> Load/Unload Rail Settings -> Allways Allow
      Station -> Load/Unload Rail Settings -> Allways Allow

I have included a screenshot of my ship and station to help clear things up.
      StarMAde - Google Drive

#1 MageDKTarill, Mar 27, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    2. NTIMESc

Have you set the filter on the storage modules to pull the items you want?

3. MageDKTarill

On my station, I went to the storage block. I Selected "Change Items to Auto Pull". Then "Add All"
      amount = 1000
      pull up to 0

I hit "Ok" then I docked my ship again, and still nothing.

I tried different "Amount" and "pull up to" but nothing worked.
      I also tried just the 1 specific item I have in the ship inventory.

4. happahappa

try to enable autopull on all storages (station and ship). iirc, that was an issue.

5. MageDKTarill

The storage on the ship is set to auto pull and the storage on the station is set to auto pull.
      The rail docker is linked to the storage block (rail docker highlighted yellow, the storage space purple)

Does it matter how you connect them?
      Should I select the rail docker first, then connect it to the storage block.
      or
      Should I select the storage block first, then connect it to the rail docker?

6. happahappa

lets sum it all up:

cargo blocks <- storage -> rail docker <docked to> unload rail <- storage -> cargo

- ship needs unload permission
      - ship storage autopull on (not sure if this is necessary)

- station auto pull on
      - station auto pull items selected

maybe it's a confusion about the permissions. try to put a faction module on the station and on the ship and give both the same faction

you can only connect rail docker/unload/load rail and the storage in one direction. the other way round is not possible.
      in this case, the link order (from, to) is not implying the flow of items.
      --- Updated post (merge), Mar 27, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 27, 2019 ---
      if it still doesn't work, i have to go ingame and try it myself. has been a while, maybe i missed sth

7. NTIMESc

Here is a diagram that shows the correct setup, but it looks like you have everything correct already.
      Rail Load - Unload Basics.png

I was just fiddling with this and noticed that the ship and station permissions reverted to never after a restart, so maybe check them again.

8. MrGrey1

Yah the pull settings are reverting after the ship/station is unloaded, so even just leaving the sector and coming back will reset them... been like that for some time.

9. MageDKTarill

Yes, it was the permissions. I would set them and log off or go somewhere else, and then it would keep resetting back to never.

thanks all.