StarOS Map (3D starmap for browser)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Quick question, why is this called starOS? Is it just the start of something much bigger?

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Starmap is juste a part of a bigger project, i want to devel a webOS dedicated to starmade

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Changelog:

• Add worker for loading and parsing entities.json (better FPS, less firefox crash)*
    • Add option StarOS Login* (comes with new entites filter)
    • Add option fallback for old loading
    • Add options for mapInfo
    • Add debug informations
    • Add new decode function to SMDecoder
    • Correct camera lookAt
    • Rewrite of all files

*StarOS Login is a system that let you connect to a site with your StarMade login

*Worker support:

• Chrome 3+
    • Firefox 3.5+
    • Internet Explorer 10+
    • Opera 10.60+
    • Safari 4+

If your browser don\'t support worker, StarOs will use fallback mode (the old loading mode).

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Changelog:

• Change entity files generation (improve map loading)
    • Add Solar systems view
    • Add system selection from objects in Solar systems view
    • Add star to system content view
    • Add loading box
    • Add Message box for empty system (only empty if system is populated with everything that\'s not part of your factions)
    • Update StarOS_Map to be compatible with SMDecoder v0.6
    • Change entity informations (show or hide certain informations)
    • Remove old system selector
    • Correct camera position on \"space\" press

preview on StarOS Map

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    SMDecoder Class

Description: Intergrate Starmade files within your own projects.
    License: Creative Common
    Version: 0.6
    Date: 2014-12-30

WTF Date?

You come from the future, do you?

And in your future, peoples don\'t communicate in english anymore? :)

Line 950 to 160 - you don\'t really know how to handle bits?

$arr[\'perm\'][\'edit\'] = ($prem &1) != 0;

$arr[\'perm\'][\'kick\'] = ($prem &2) != 0;

$arr[\'perm\'][\'invite\'] = ($prem &4) != 0;

$arr[\'perm\'][\'permission-edit\'] = ($prem &8) != 0;

And you can drop all the case(??) spam.

1111 & 0010 = 0010

1001 & 0010 = 0000

Somehow this takes ages to load. This will not fix it, but it would be an improvement (mostly code length - less lines, less possible errors)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    WTF Date

This is juste a little error, this will be corrected in the next update.

Line 950 to 160 - you don\'t really know how to handle bits?

Sorry but no, i don\'t know this, this decoder is my first work with binaries, i\'ll rework this in the next update.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry but no, i don\'t know this, this decoder is my first work with binaries, i\'ll rework this in the next update.

The easiest way to learn it is:

• Get a programming manual book (or web-side), read through all the stuff once. Read everything you don\'t remember a second time and repeat.
    • Once you know about 80% and remember partially the other 20%, you know where you can look.

I have read through a visual basic 6 book once, then only used function documentations (parameter order or the exact name)

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.bitwise.php

It is a good site, if not the best. I hope you will do a lot of progress with this :)

Reaction score
    Great project, I\'m following it, specially SMDecoder, i\'ll ease a lot of server admin\'s life :D

Reaction score
    - So first question, I thought all the universes were individually generated on each server? If so is Gravypod\'s map different from any other server (aside from the starting area - 2,2,0)? http://elwyneternity.com/starmap/

- how exactly does a person get the script to run and generate a map? You said it goes in the Starmade folder - you mean the root Starmade folder with the \"StarMade.jar\" file, correct? Do you need to be running a server or does the multiplayer server and single player mode use the same starmap? And then you have to be running a local Apache server? And then what?

Further to that, I assume the entire collection of directories and files are to be d/l\'d, and then where are the contents of the ZIP file to be extracted to?

I can see the value of having a starmap made available over the web so that server users from anywhere could access the starmap for their server. So that means that the starmap is only held on the actual machine running the server or do clients store a version of the map locally as well? If so, what about a local app to pull hte map data like Minecraft users have made? Assuming you\'d like to see other people using your map generator, how many people actually will use it seeing as how you have to install a web server, and PHP5 first, and there are no instructions for how to install and use your script? Few, I think, which is too bad, because there are few people who are born writing code or needing to know how to install a web server/PHP5 to make it through the average day.

As a designer and fabricator/millwright, the rule of thumb is to assume people know absolutely nothing about the project, and design accordingly. If the intent is for people to use it, provide basic instructions to make it usable, that is, unless it\'s just a personal project and you don\'t really care whether anyone uses it or not.

Thanks for the effort so far though, it\'s definitely got potential, and filter check boxes (for stations, shops, pirates, ships, plnets, ateroids, etc) would be nice as well as the ability to change the size of the text to a readable size, as well as change the font to something that is also easy to read :)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    @Theck SMDecoder for dev build 0.107 is noaw availible

@25hz

- All maps are different, the map depend of seed file and personnal build

- The starmap can be used for multiplayer or single but you need an apache server (for window you can use wamp).

- All installation step will change in the next version because node.js server will be used and code is reworked to be more flexible and i\'ll work on real documentation. The storage of map is only server side, client does not need to install anything, it\'s a choice. Most used map on minecraft are only server side (dynmap and overviewer) because player don\'t like download supplementary apps but you can imagine an app that lets you share data. May be later i\'ll work on this but now i don\'t want.

Actually for style you can edit css and change font but i\'ll see for personnal style options and i think that\'s a good idée to have a check box for entities.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Actually i\'m working on theme selection for Starmap in response to @25hz. Search bar for system, sector and entity was added (@amahlaka\'s suggestion) and a filter system that let you hide each type of entity.
    New sprite categorie was added (turret).

Update will comming soon with complete doc.

Edit: also a translation system was added

Reaction score
    blackcancer,

I\'m running on a Local host server win8 box so i had to hard code the $starmadeDirectory to get it to work in the setup.php script. Worked great with the old data however not with the latest dev build 0.133. I figured you might want to keepup with the new changes coming down the pipe.

I\'m getting errors off the ENTITY_SHOP & SHIP. It appears the new build has someextra datafiles

foreach ($entityFiles as $entity) {
    $ext = pathinfo($entity, PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
    echo \"entity=$entity\";

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hi, SMDecoder.php is up to version dev 0.1+ but current StarOS Map can\'t use this revision because output format is different from to the previous version. I\'ll upload file when GitHub server be back

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Changelog:

• Update StarOS Map to work with StarMade v0.1+ (old versoin still works)
    • Add control box
    • Add entity type \'Turret\'
    • Add property windows with theme and font selection
    • Add translation files
    • Add node.js server for better loading of StarOS\'s json files
    • Reworked debug
    • Reworked informations for more style customization
    • Reworked loading window
    • New JavaScript Class for developpement (need more optimization and functions)
    • Removing fullscreen key (this event start when you use login field, it\'s realy annoying)

I\'m actually working on the Starmap wiki, basic install and use are already documented.
    I want to say thinks for all your comments and if you want to support my work you can make à donnation on my site (times are tough)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried this out, but SMDecoder failed saying that you can\'t use a string offset as an array, while trying to parse the docking position information for a ship. ($sc[0][1][1...3], line 1614)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Can you give me the full output of this error? Did you have imported this map from an old version?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    # php setup.php /home/rofserver/starmade/StarMade-game/
    Loading entity and player files...
    PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /var/www-storage/staros-map/includes/SMDecoder.php on line 990
    PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /var/www-storage/staros-map/includes/SMDecoder.php on line 990

The database may have changed since, but when I printed out $sc[0] before, it was \'\'. It\'s from pre-0.14, but I don\'t recall how much older it is than that.