1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

StarMade v0.201.337 LOD Blocks, Rule System, Balance, Fixes

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy Me, myself and I.

Awesomo!
      Happy New year!

2. Brokengauge

3. Lone_Puppy

Flat buttons could do with the pipes being turned off. They look odd.

• Like Like x 2
    4. kiddan

kiddan Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror

From the Starmade Discord: "schema is fixing that, mentioned it to him earlier." ~Saber

• Like Like x 3
    5. Lone_Puppy

Sweet!
      --- Updated post (merge), Dec 31, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 31, 2018 ---
      I love the new LoD models. Awesome how the paint cans work with the pipes.

6. foodice11

I love it. But aren't you backing away from what you were intending to encourage interiors?

Why not make ships into 2 masked instances layered on top of each other?

Basically imagine you make a block of systems with a doorway to nothing. You then switch "layers" and basically carve a hole in it. This doesn't remove any blocks from the other layer. Instead the game hides those blocks and replaces them with essentially whatever you place on the interior layer. This would have you "carving" out interiors in completed ships.

A few details:
      Anything touching air on the practical (system/exterior) layer should automatically exist on the interior layer. The rest will become a kind of "grey space" block that acts like a sgstem block when attacked. The blocks that touch air allow you to find where your doors and windows are so that you can line them up properly. The Grey space blocks are there so that the game knows what not to hide on the practical layer of the ship.

I should only let you place interior blocks where there are exterior blocks already to prevent tardis ships.

I believe that while this could be obscure to find out on your own, it would very simple to understand once demonstrated.

7. jstenholt

ow mY BRAin

whaAT?

• Like Like x 2
    8. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

Is it possible to make the flat buttons/activators functional with collision disabled for them?

They're great for elevator call buttons and the like, but they definitely block rail movement.

• Like Like x 4
    9. Valiant70

Valiant70 That crazy cyborg

Interiors weren't terrible pre-power update. The ship HP system helped them to at least make the ship more survivable in return for the extra weight. Roleplay ships ususally took a lot of pounding to kill. Sadly, Schema has yet to implement an equivalent mechanic under the new system.

10. MacThule

Yeah, they weren't bad anyway. So many good ways to dovetail interior space and decor into functionality; hopefully one will eventually be implemented.

11. Gasboy

Gasboy BLRP

Is there a way to get that "shipyards on a ship" option in our single player universes?

12. jstenholt

Yup, it's in the server settings config.

13. Tydeth

If the line is not in your server.cfg, just add "ALLOW_FACTORY_ON_SHIPS = true" without the quotes to the bottom.

14. Gasboy

Gasboy BLRP

No, I mean our single player universes. They don't seem use server.cfg as far as I can tell. I edited both the line about shipyards and the line about factories on ships. I am able to build factories on ships, but not shipyards.

15. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

Those small button/activators though :O

Will be so much better looking on interior walls compared to the full block version :D

• Like Like x 3
    16. DeepspaceMechanic

We're certainly looking forward to seeing the new celestial stuff too... Especially after witnessing proof of the fact that what's to come will be truly wonderful, in the form of that marvelous marble of a round planet that was leaked last month.

But hey, just remembered, won't 2019 be the year of those Community Contracts also?

Saber indicated so in one of the last twitch streams... DukeofRealms ?

17. Gasboy

Gasboy BLRP

If you turn off the logic stream thingies.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Sachys

Sachys Hermit.

mid air logic dongs = no fun!

19. livanbard

Moot any balance is useless until real content is add to use the ships on.

20. Jevil

so.. are missiles back in PvP ??