StarMade v0.199.654 - Exploit fixes

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Aug 22, 2017.

1. AndyP

AndyP Customer Experience Manager

Screen sharing does usually not help, we need to make it happen on our systems.
      Either computer directly or on the testserver, as we can monitor the environment and java processes in more detail there to find the exact cause.

Thank you for the help, but general descriptions do not really lead to the target here.
      And especially if doors/force fields act weird like they were single blocks and not in groups, or in general if rails do not move anymore on more than one entity, it is usually a thread-lockup on the server side, and the isolated door toggle is one of the many symptoms of this.
      Other symptoms are for example:
      Players can still play and act normal, but newly connected players stay stuck in the roaming cam screen and can not spawn.
      Or you spawn a core, and get only the target marker, but never the physical core.

- Andy

2. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

Totally get that "general isn'ttoo helpful" It's just all I could add on that particular computer. Is there a thread-watcher function on the GUI I can bring up with something like F1+I? Or some other convienient debug I can watch once the lock-up happens?

3. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

I play on Freaks R Us, not the Test Server, I'd need access to the Test Server to even see if I can replicate my client's errors, I'll post screenshots to show the de-syncs:
      Such as Power Regen acting like 1 e/sec when it literally isn't:
      upload_2017-9-2_15-11-48.png
      Or Shield cap Acting like it is 220:
      upload_2017-9-2_15-12-42.png
      Or better yet, my weapons not showing my modules linked to the comps. :
      (merging image)
      Is this better proof?
      --- Updated post (merge), Sep 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 2, 2017 ---
      upload_2017-9-2_15-16-9.png

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. 0ldSkull

Everyone has access to the test server (at play.star-made.org:4242, usually running the latest dev build).
      In software development, reproduction steps are typically requested not to prove that a problem happened, but in order to be able to execute the problem repeatedly in a controlled environment while tracing/debugging the code or examining other details in order to isolate a specific cause.

• Like Like x 4
    5. JumpSuit

I got many bug reports on phab waiting responses logs steps and all, and no staff response.
      EDIT: I don't usually run DEV Builds.

#45 JumpSuit, Sep 2, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    6. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

The current dev build is the same as the current live build at the moment but generally most of us have a separate path for the dev build.

7. Valiant70

Valiant70 That crazy cyborg

Any day now...

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. JumpSuit

Then what is the point of me switching to dev build atm when they the same build as release.

9. 0ldSkull

It means that you nay already be running the same build as the test server (for the time being), and could thus connect without installing the dev build.

10. JumpSuit

In theory,:giggle:.