StarMade v0.199.459 - Major Performance Upgrade

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    "~ Fixed error where exit to desktop would interrupt saving process, causing several hard to replicate bugs"
    Sweet, thanks for that! I'd been curious as-to why there would only be a 'Waiting for local server to shutdown' screen if I chose to exit to the menu.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If I need to constantly poke people to help me out, I will even have less time to do my own testing checklist. I know since I've been there before.
    I wonder if an in-game debug/test feature could help here. Schine could generate a check list, and players can tick off what they've tried and add a comment to submit. Somehow, you get a list of these to scroll through, perhaps on the Phabricator.

Lone_Puppy
    Please signup at phabricator and subscribe to:
    ⚓ T2094 Fleets loosing docked entities

Its not that easy to fix, as it seems to involve a complex timing problem, so when we attempt a fix on this in dev builds, it would be good to have players around that can easily reproduce it.

(Subscribe to it, and if the status reads: "Resolved, needs quality check / confirm fix"
    wait for the next dev-build to show up, and test it again.)

- Andy
    Thanks Andy. Will do!

Yeah im getting reports of blueprints going balls up here as well as seeing some interesting behavior myself that I haven't had time to investigate.
    Folks saving blueprints of a turret and spawning it, only for it to be a different turret as a example.

Personally I experienced something else weird last night, on a server with full perms on itself.
    I was testing some new weapon configurations on some targets.
    The targets AHP/SHP saved correctly, however the block damage was reverted to the entities undamaged state after a good hour of hits.
    This happened on ALL entities damaged, 6 targets in total.
    The testbed ship also underwent partial reversion (reconfigured between tests).
    What your describing sounds similar to an issue I caused for myself. I changed the clock on my PC to mess with something else and ended up with similar results.
    I wonder if the server clock could be connected?

Reactions: NaStral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    As stated somewhere later already:
    Just update to the dev-builds and they usually stay available on the server list for you (make sure to check "compatible only").
    It usually is up 24/7 unless it crashes, but this is used to examine the lockup and investigate details on it.

There is kind of a code of conduct in the welcome message.

"General good behaviour, and do not destroy the fun of others on purpose."
    (Sure if you find a way to crash it, contact us, show us and we can fix it, just crashing it for fun wont be tolerated for too long.)

We run various conversations with affected people, investigating the details and comparing systems.
    Most losses or reverts that cover more than 5 minute involve/require steam usage. There were also a few reports about "insufficient file permissions" while steam updated starmade out of nowhere. So it may even be some steam induced issue that we now have to cleanup somehow. We got quite close to the cause, but still need some more samples to back the theory and also fix. (We got only like 3 sample blueprints/worlds that had those reset issues, being sent to us after asking the users directly.)
    So you can be sure we focus everything we have to find the root cause of this problem.
    If you need more blueprints i have two for sure and a possible three that are affected. One is the same ship throughout multiple phases of the build.

Edit: on the latest dev build as of last night, the one ship i was having trouble with is fixed. At least it was saving the test blocks i placed on it. When i get home from work ill do more thurough testing to see if i can finish it without it resetting. Prior to the update it wasnt even saving one block.

Edit 2: updated to latest version of starmade as of right now, test blocks i placed yesterday where lost, but currently test blocks stayed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Get an EOFException: null on every initila load. Crash Report broken too. Wont let me send Report

Edit: Using Steam, occurs at 2%

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Does the test server have any special properties, like start you off with 1 mill credits and a shop with infinite blocks to buy for blueprint filling?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    the rails aren't working for me T_T
    and i got back after weeks of not playing it cus of college

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    had a fight between two 800k+ mass ships, each with well over 100 entities & dimensions ~1km, there was ramming.
    FPS wasn't great because it was two gigantic ships with loads of grindy turrets and thousands of projectiles, but worst lag during the fight would have been half to one second. Not bad compared to a realistic minutes of latency & likely server crash before hand.

Of course it has been a bit rocky (and still is...)
    noice patch