Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So is it just me or are all servers running the latest patch crashing

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Shoot out rails were always meant to undock after a direction change, and they did in most cases. Only when it kept changing direction per block, it didn't do that (allowing your fast logic clocks to work). This bug was about them undocking too soon, they should undock after a direction change, not before it.

To fix that, now they'll undock 5 updates after they encounter a direction change I believe.

You can still use your rail logic clock with normal rails, as they're supposed to be used with permanently docked entities.
    I'm sure that some point we'll ramp up the minimum speed (or its maximum speed) when physics improve further.

>feature not working as intended
    >unintended mechanics that improve quality of life for everybody by reducing reliance on lagmaking logic amplifiers
    >remove feature entirely
    >"we fixed it"

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    >unintended mechanics that improve quality of life for everybody by reducing reliance on lagmaking logic amplifiers
    >remove feature entirely
    >"we fixed it"
    wait Schine did a Niantic?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really hop the performance updates will help, as i still wanna connect to genx from here in Mesa AZ, but i get a time out

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So, I was turret testing in single player mode and when my target began overheating I jumped over to reboot so I could survey the damage. To my surprise, the core was gone, but I could still see the countdown and could not enter or reboot the core. I shutdown the game and restarted and then the core was visible and accessible like normal. Is this to be part of a coming feature or is it a bug?

Invisible Core

After Restart of game

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    feature or is it a bug?
    It's a bug. StarMade had real problems generating the chunks around you in the previous version. Entities/cores would not load when you put them down. Part of the problem was the massive Asteroids generating an near endless chunk load suffocating the CPU. In this new version there is still some slow down between core placement and it becomming a solid thing. Starmade has always had this. More so if a server was buzy. Shot stuff also needs to flip and gets lost in translation. Relogging helps. But sometimes you need to delete the cache from the mods/options menu.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    >remove feature entirely
    >"we fixed it"
    Are there any legitimate applications for faster logic pulses? I've never required anything that required more than the default 0.5s pulse, and I have made a LOT of practical logic contraptions.

The only things I can think of that would require high frequency clocks is exploits like instant jump drive charging (well, not anymore since that was fixed afaik) and the likes.

I'm not accusing you of wanting to exploit btw, I just literally can't think of anything for which it would be viable that isn't exploity. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.