StarMade v0.199.152 Optimizations, Memory optimizations, and fixes

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    If you had an existing customFactionConfig/FactionConfig.xml prior to the update, you WILL have to make MANUAL revisions to update the file. As the game engine DOES NOT do it for you, despite what QA observed/expressed in the original ticket: ⚓ T1420 Typo in FactionConfig.xml and FactionConfigTemplate.xml

To do this, just copy customFactionConfig/FactionConfigTemplate.xml to customFactionConfig/FactionConfig.xml, and look in customFactionConfig/FactionConfigError.xml to determine your original before-update settings. Of-course restart your server after making the adjustments.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Had a rather nasty little server crash after the update. Happened when one of my players joined. log attached, but this seems to be the start of the errors:

Code:
    2016-08-12 20:50:16] Exception!!! Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation {RigBExOrig@619459032([CCS|SER Ship[Hephestos](368)])}; (NaN, NaN, NaN); (NaN, NaN, NaN)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16] If you can reproduce this, please email [email protected]

[2016-08-12 20:50:16] Please include above information, your Platform, version of OS.

[2016-08-12 20:50:16] Thanks.

[2016-08-12 20:50:16] [UNIVERSE] WARNING: Sector UPDATE took 53; sectors updated: 55
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16] [SERVER][UPDATE] WARNING: UNIVERSE update took 53
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exception: NaN position for Ship[FCL-AMT-1011468730735609](392); PObject: null
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at org.schema.game.common.data.world.SimpleTransformableSendableObject.updateLocal(SourceFile:1149)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at obfuscated.Vu.updateLocal(SourceFile:2478)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at obfuscated.VI.updateLocal(SourceFile:562)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at org.schema.game.common.controller.EditableSendableSegmentController.updateLocal(SourceFile:1118)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at obfuscated.VP.updateLocal(SourceFile:472)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at org.schema.game.server.controller.GameServerController.update(SourceFile:1344)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at org.schema.schine.network.server.ServerController.run(SourceFile:270)
    [2016-08-12 20:50:16]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Attachments

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think you may have forgotten the "export as 3D model button"

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    What do you mean?
    A lot of modern logic clocks feature two shootout rails aimed at eachother. I have reason to believe that the fixes applied in this bugfix caused the bug in which those are now completely broken.

The docked bit bouncing between two shootout rails now gets undocked with some sort of NaN error for its position and/or velocity.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think that's an exploit that was fixed.

Today I noticed in single player mode, creative mode is not on by default any more.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I think that's an exploit that was fixed.
    by what measurement is using an existing mechanic an exploit?

Does that mean that using rail rotators, rail basics, or literally anything other than delays to crank up clock speed is also an exploit?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    by what measurement is using an existing mechanic an exploit?
    I understand where you're coming from with the logic that it is a part of the same rail link, but when first introduced, I understood a shoot out rail to eject the docker on it reaching the end of its run in one direction. Which is what it is doing now.

But I agree that behaviour that's now used for clocks would be great to keep.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah, what happened to the Creative mode feature in the inventory menu?

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I understand where you're coming from with the logic that it is a part of the same rail link, but when first introduced, I understood a shoot out rail to eject the docker on it reaching the end of its run in one direction. Which is what it is doing now.

But I agree that behaviour that's now used for clocks would be great to keep.
    Skooma at this point has two options, either A) Keep shootout rails working and not being shit or B) Make the default speed for actual rails much higher than the currently useless speed.

Reaction score
    in single player type 'creative_mode [your player name] true'

check your server config, it sounds like it was over written

and please give us a high speed clock

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

and please give us a high speed clock
    Thanks!. And as for the clock thing, I'd love to, but I have no idea what that means. o_O

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Did they fix the issue with asteroids losing most of the resource contents that they use to have?
    Not fixed yet unfortunately, tested it on a fresh world and got 0.96% ore+shards, so still getting more credits from the junk than the minerals,

(564 ore, 636 shards compared to 1,117 ice and a whopping 123,079 Chabaz)
    That is complete garbage, hopefully they return the asteroids to the composition levels they had prior to the 32 chunk update.
    Good update but ore bug needs to be fixed ASAP. Its ruining multiplayer.
    Only knew about that about 1 day before release, by then it's too late to include a fix for it. Someone made a bug report about it now though so we'll look into it and get that sorted out.

What changes were made to the faction config? This is important information. How can we fix our factionconfig.xml without this information?
    schema
    2 typo fixes were made for them:
    <PenatlyPerDistanceUnitFromHomeBase> -> <PenaltyPerDistanceUnitFromHomeBase>
    <PenatlyFromCenterMult> -> PenaltyFromCenterMult

Seems like shootout rail clocks broke.
    A lot of modern logic clocks feature two shootout rails aimed at eachother. I have reason to believe that the fixes applied in this bugfix caused the bug in which those are now completely broken.

The docked bit bouncing between two shootout rails now gets undocked with some sort of NaN error for its position and/or velocity.
    Shoot out rails were always meant to undock after a direction change, and they did in most cases. Only when it kept changing direction per block, it didn't do that (allowing your fast logic clocks to work). This bug was about them undocking too soon, they should undock after a direction change, not before it.

To fix that, now they'll undock 5 updates after they encounter a direction change I believe.

You can still use your rail logic clock with normal rails, as they're supposed to be used with permanently docked entities.
    I'm sure that some point we'll ramp up the minimum speed (or its maximum speed) when physics improve further.

Today I noticed in single player mode, creative mode is not on by default any more.

upload_2016-8-13_12-49-53.png

Enable it in your Local Play menu. This button previously didn't work, now it does.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    Only knew about that about 1 day before release, by then it's too late to include a fix for it. Someone made a bug report about it now though so we'll look into it and get that sorted out.
    Thank you for the reply. The silence on the matter was maddening,

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Are we likely to see a hotfix for this, or should we don our helmets of patience and await the next full update?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm there needs to be a wider variety of logic blocks to allow for super fast clock or more precise ones depending on the setup. XD Maybe it'll shut up some of these logic masters. :)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It's great to be getting more of these performance updates, keep up the good work, Schine!

Also, was that a new Isanith-ish ship in that picture? And did it have ice slabs???