StarMade v0.197.36 Bug-fixing Round Part 2

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    My shipyards seem to be broken now! I was going to post a bug to say that any shipyards would insist on adding a prefix of "ENTITY_SHIP_" and a suffix of "0" onto everything I build. Since the new update, this seems to be the case but I have a greater problem.

I docked a ship to the shipyard anchor and carried out some modifications. I then used the deconstruct to design command to create a new version of my mining drone. I reloaded the design and constructed it. I undocked it and moved it to a holding dock ready to construct a second one. The design didnt want to load but then I notice the "parked" drone was now in holographic mode some distance away from the shipyard core anchor. I am unable to construct it, nor can it be edited. I tried to undock it from the shipyard but this option is not available as it isnt technically docked to it.

I added some logic to automatically undock it from where it was parked and after a few seconds the holographic ship disappeared. I have also lost some of the blocks from its construction.

I wanted to field test my new design so I managed to construct another. I loaded it into my carrier and sent the carrier to a nearby asteroid field. I tried to construct a second and the same thing happened. I jumped into a shuttle and flew to the carrier which was in the next sector. The drone was in the holographic state in the carrier!
    Yeah shipyards ... sorry m8 i don't use them untill they recieved a bug fixing round...

Reaction score
    Updates are always awesome and exciting

So i guess this is the place to say it, but I think I've found a slight problem with wireless logic modules: When a sector containing wireless logic modules un-loads, i've found i've gone back to them to find that they have dis-connected themselves and I need to re-connect them to make the logic gadgets work again. I don't know if anyone else has this issue? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere so i thought I'd mention it.

I don't mean to be a nit-picker nor am I trying to complain because I love the game, but it's made some of my things not work without constant re-connecting.

Thanks for reading and best of luck with all future updates and progress.

Long live StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So i guess this is the place to say it, but I think I've found a slight problem with wireless logic modules: When a sector containing wireless logic modules un-loads, i've found i've gone back to them to find that they have dis-connected themselves and I need to re-connect them to make the logic gadgets work again. I don't know if anyone else has this issue? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere so i thought I'd mention it.
    This forum thread will tell you how and where to report bugs...
    How to report a bug

My wireless elevator has never disconnected on me, but if you know the steps to recreate the bug they might be able to fix it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    awww, the edit design button doesn't work if the ship is actually docked rather than holo :c

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 11.27.58 AM.png
    YEEEEEESSSSS!!!

EDIT: Derp. It only teleports you into the ship. You can't exit back to the shipyard computer. This is not as useful.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460221961,1460219845][/DOUBLEPOST]
    My shipyards seem to be broken now! I was going to post a bug to say that any shipyards would insist on adding a prefix of "ENTITY_SHIP_" and a suffix of "0" onto everything I build. Since the new update, this seems to be the case but I have a greater problem.

I docked a ship to the shipyard anchor and carried out some modifications. I then used the deconstruct to design command to create a new version of my mining drone. I reloaded the design and constructed it. I undocked it and moved it to a holding dock ready to construct a second one. The design didnt want to load but then I notice the "parked" drone was now in holographic mode some distance away from the shipyard core anchor. I am unable to construct it, nor can it be edited. I tried to undock it from the shipyard but this option is not available as it isnt technically docked to it.

I added some logic to automatically undock it from where it was parked and after a few seconds the holographic ship disappeared. I have also lost some of the blocks from its construction.

I wanted to field test my new design so I managed to construct another. I loaded it into my carrier and sent the carrier to a nearby asteroid field. I tried to construct a second and the same thing happened. I jumped into a shuttle and flew to the carrier which was in the next sector. The drone was in the holographic state in the carrier!
    Please report the bug:
    This forum thread will tell you how and where to report bugs...
    How to report a bug

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    That Mirror Cubes option change is going to save my butt so often now. :D
    Nice new Marker Beam model, is a new item picture also on the way, kupu ?

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Updates are always awesome and exciting

I don't mean to be a nit-picker nor am I trying to complain because I love the game, but it's made some of my things not work without constant re-connecting.

Thanks for reading and best of luck with all future updates and progress.

Long live StarMade.
    Most likely other links on that entity got lost as well.
    This issue is one of those we just can't reproduce, we know it happens from time to time but all tests around it have failed to show us something concrete.

We had multiple bug reports in the past about it, latest one is ⚓ T1278 Transporter names, wireless logic and other data sometimes reset

It's most likely caused by some issue on saving or loading a sector.

View attachment 24248
    YEEEEEESSSSS!!!

EDIT: Derp. It only teleports you into the ship. You can't exit back to the shipyard computer. This is not as useful.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460221961,1460219845][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It was part of a bug fix on ⚓ T1147 Unable to modify shipyard designs where core is enclosed in blocks, it's not closed yet since you can still get stuck upon leaving the ship now.

---

For people wondering about another version popping up on your launcher, that's a fix for steam users that had issues with textures not unpacking on startup.

See New update?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    For people wondering about another version popping up on your launcher, that's a fix for steam users that had issues with textures not unpacking on startup.
    Ah yea, I was wondering about that, thanks! :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    So the fix is teleporting back to the shipyard computer?
    To the position you were in when you used it.
    - You near the shipyard computer as astronaut
    or
    - Build mode of that station (in that specific build block)

Reactions: Valiant70

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To the position you were in when you used it.
    - You near the shipyard computer as astronaut
    or
    - Build mode of that station (in that specific build block)
    Will it preserve gravity, alignment, and sitting?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Most likely other links on that entity got lost as well.
    This issue is one of those we just can't reproduce, we know it happens from time to time but all tests around it have failed to show us something concrete.

We had multiple bug reports in the past about it, latest one is ⚓ T1278 Transporter names, wireless logic and other data sometimes reset

It's most likely caused by some issue on saving or loading a sector.

It was part of a bug fix on ⚓ T1147 Unable to modify shipyard designs where core is enclosed in blocks, it's not closed yet since you can still get stuck upon leaving the ship now.

---

See New update?
    My friend hosts a server and we've had the problem with the wireless breaking since the logic was introduced. I've never been able to make wireless logic systems because of it. The server is at 184.95.36.146:25728 and you're welcome to use it for testing if it would be of any benefit.