New update?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I saw that there is a new download, but I haven't seen any information posted regarding it. Are there details anywhere to be found?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    dont download anything yet,people are reporting game being broken after updating.
    there is no info even tho its a pretty big update

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm....it actually shows up twice on my list.
    Maybe they forgot to change the version number?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    it would appear that the Dev build update was accidentaly (maybe MAYBE) released in official release branch

Reaction score
    Yeah, I saw this as well. My internet service was crapping out again, however, so I didn't try to download it and didn't see any size mentioned....Glitch, perhaps?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the update was to fix an issue with steam. The steam-update (not launcher) caused all textures to be removed. This is normally no problem as the archives were still there. However for this particular update, the flag for the game that the textures were already extracted was kept (due to how steam handles deploys). This flag exists so textures don't get extracted on every start up. This caused people who updated with our launcher and then today got the steam update to get an error with textures missing. The new version takes care of the problem explicitly checking if the textures exist.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    the update was to fix an issue with steam. The steam-update (not launcher) caused all textures to be removed. This is normally no problem as the archives were still there. However for this particular update, the flag for the game that the textures were already extracted was kept (due to how steam handles deploys). This flag exists so textures don't get extracted on every start up. This caused people who updated with our launcher and then today got the steam update to get an error with textures missing. The new version takes care of the problem explicitly checking if the textures exist.
    So is updating required for non-steamers?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    not required but it doesnt hurt. If the extraction of texture went wrong for whatever reason, the new version would fix it as well. You can still play on any server with the previous build though.